The Guardian Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guardian Lions

I would like to introduce you to my first book in the series of The Guardian Lions.

Book Banner.3.jpg

Inspired by the Shaolin tradition and the rich history of the Chinese arts, the book takes the reader on a journey of mystical creatures, mild peril and discovery.

‘The Guardian Lions’ follows the journey of the two main characters, Earth and Sky, as they deal with a variety of challenges we often face growing up. As we have come to understand, dealing with the challenges life has to offer is not always easy, for parent or child.

As a teacher of the Shaolin arts, I was curious about the following questions and ideas: What if we had the tools to deal with life’s challenges more skillfully? What would it be like if instead of feeling locked up or stuck, we could navigate life more freely and easily? Through the arts I practice and teach, that’s what I’ve been finding out.

As a parent myself, I naturally want the best for my children. I want them to grow up being healthy and happy. One way they can do that is to have the right tools and skills to do their best in life.

That’s what this book is about. Through the adventures of two young Guardian Lions - Earth and Sky, descendants of the heavenly Guardian Lions to the Emperor, we learn about the struggles we face, such as: dealing with fears, feeling alone, finding courage, judgment, handling overwhelming emotions, overcoming violence and aggression and working with others.

Here’s the description on the back of the book:

The Imperial Guardian Lions have been turned to stone, their powers hidden in waiting. A warlord wants to steal this power and become supreme ruler under the heavens. Two young Guardian Lions, Earth and Sky, have other ideas. But before they can save Earth’s brother, Tao, from pending doom, they will need to find courage and wisdom. Sky knows just the place to look – The Divine Peach, an ancient tree that fruits every three thousand years. The time has come.

Words from a Shaolin Grandmaster about The Guardian Lions

The adventures Earth and Sky go through are exciting, tantalizing readers in suspense.
    Besides the fun of reading exciting adventures, the story in the book also teaches readers invaluable lessons to lead their lives meaningfully and rewardingly, like how to overcome fear and anxiety, how to deal with demanding situations calmly and effectively, and how to make the best of situations we face every day. This book is both interesting to read, and educational in the lessons it conveys.
    Not only has this book been fun to write, it has also taught me some wonderful lessons.

If you would like to sign up for the free newsletter visit the website www.theguardianlions.co.uk

The paperback book will be available to order very soon. Or you can pre-order the Kindle version now: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQGC31I
    Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
    A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Excellent, it has been exciting watching how this has developed and you gently following, nudging and coalescing as things have been forming.

Looking forward to having this in our locker to further our aim of: helping to make the world a healthier, happier and safer place for the children and grandchildren.

Lots of love,

Barry
    Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
    Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
    Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
    UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
    sigpic

Comment

Guardian of Sky Children on Earth

Congratulations Tim

Looking forward to paperback version
      Damian Kissey
      Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
      www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

That's fantastic news!
        I just per-ordered the Kindle version .
        Looking forward to December 1, when I can discover the story

Best regards
        Andrea
        Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
        Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Congratulations Tim!

Sharing stories is a wonderful thing.

Best wishes,

Nessa
          Nessa Kahila
          Shaolin Nordic Finland
          Instructor
          nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Congratulations dear Siheng. Looking forward to reading your book!

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Dear Tim Sipak,

You have taken a very lovely and interesting project as your pet. Luckily children's books have no age limit and at Heart we are all free to feel as fresh and innocent as the children do.

Since the Sun of Salamanca has graciously shined his blessing upon your book, wouldn't you consider having him make an animated series (or a trailer) for it? Obviously Santi Sisook is more than qualified, he even got the most important ingredient just right!

With sincere respect,
              Olli

Comment

An animated series and book trailer is an idea I have entertained and would be interested in investigating further. I am presently having artwork done for a coloured version of the firsts story of the book where; when the Emperor is in need, the heavens send Guardian Lions to protect the lands. In this part of story they are sent to defend the villagers against a very greedy monster, Nian.

Tim Franklin

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Exciting News...

Exciting News...

The Guardian Lions is now available to buy from Amazon as Paperback version.

If you would like a copy here is the link:

http://amzn.eu/iVVlWKk
                  Tim Franklin

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations and Thank you Tim

..I just ordered 2 copies ( for my 4 years old niece and myself ) with priority delivery before Christmas
                    Damian Kissey
                    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

My kids are grown but i'm ordering for myself...they can borrow it if they want...good fortune on your launch...Gusty

Comment

Working...
                      X