Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much from my heart

Dear Sigung

Thank you so much for let us teach this wonderful course!
    I'm honored to be able join Wudang Three-Harmony Set course.

It's the one of the most wonderful of my life!!!

Kungfu is the life!
    How wonderful life is!

Thank you so much for Sigung.

l would like to practice to learning this course from my heart.
    l truely appreciate to Sigung.

Great gratitude and deep respect

kyoko

Comment

Deepest Gratitude

Dear Sigung

Thank you so much for the amazing course-Wudang Three Harmony set in Toronto.

I'm impressed to let us teach the great course.
      I would like to continue practiceing Sigung' teach with smile from the heart!M!

Thank you so much for Sigung again.

My deepest gratitude to Sifu (Emiko) for organizing special course and interpreting English to Japan.

Great gratitude and deep respect

Kyoko

Comment

Deepest Gratitude

Dear Sigung

Thank you so much for wonderful, marvelous teaching in Wurdang Three Harmony Set.

I really enjoyed and learned a lot of secret essence of Wudang in this course.
        There were skills of strength, soft, and cleverness.
        We are continuing to progress " form, flow, force ".
        Sigung was transmitting us power and heart.
        I truly gratitude and tacked my heart.

I love Kungfu.
        Kungfu makes me happy.
        My heart is smiled by Sigung.

Thank you again from my heart for great teaching and big smile.

Thank you to my Sifu ( Emiko ) for organizing this special course and preparing us to advise a lots. I appreciate to interpret to Japanese from the heart.

With deep gratitude and much respect.

Naoko

Comment

6 months later...

Dear Family,

It's hard to believe it has already been 6 months since the wonderful Wudang 3 Harmonies course in Toronto! In that time, my gratitude for Sifu, what I learned, and everyone I spent time with both inside and outside of the courses has grown. I have many wonderful memories of my first visit to Toronto!

I have continued practicing Wudang 3 Harmonies since the course, mainly focusing on learning the routine well and practicing applying the "drunken-style" flow method (for lack of a better term. Any suggestions?) we learned to one section of the set at a time.

What is the drunken-style flow method? It's similar to the "traditional" flow method. Both follow form-flow-force. At the form stage, both focus on picture-perfect form (including good body movement). At the flow stage, they diverge.

The traditional flow method starts with being relaxed with good form and gradually builds the flow. You can build the flow a little bit past when your form starts to degrade, but you generally only let the form lag a little bit behind the flow. At the force stage, you use your mind to channel the flow you built into powerful strikes.

With the drunken-style flow method, you use the patterns to generate a massive chi flow. What you do might barely resemble the orthodox form of the patterns. At the force stage, you gradually add form and intent while making sure you don't let the amount of flow drop much. It may take weeks or months before you get the patterns to where they have tremendous flow and force but also good form.

The drunken-style flow method has revolutionized my practice lately. When I learned it at the Drunken 8 Immortals course, I associated it only with Drunken 8 Immortals. Learning the evolved version at the Wudang 3 Harmonies course made me realize that it can be applied to many things with great benefit.

One of the biggest benefits has been how much it enhances the traditional flow method. I generate a much greater volume of flow more readily, and I can apply a greater amount of it while keeping good form.

I also find that practicing the drunken-style flow method helps me to lighten up and enjoy myself more when I get too serious, both in practice and in daily life.

I should add that I've been practicing Cosmos Palm as the force-training before Wudang 3 Harmonies. It's a wonderful combination. Sometimes I add in Baguazhang circle-walking and Mother Palms or Cloud Hands.

As a side note, it's funny now to think back to when Sifu first started generously teaching more sets and talking about spread and depth. I remember being concerned about managing all of the material and whether I truly could gain greater depth by learning and practicing lots of different things. Of course, Sifu was right about it all, and now I have a lot of fun in my practice finding pieces from different arts that compliment each other well and enjoying the resulting benefits.
          Chris Didyk
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Drunken-style Flow or Finnish Flow?

Dear Chris Sisook,

Thank you for your magnificient account by which the course certainly was even better than I had realized! The name "Three Harmonies" seems to truly live up to its name. Isn't it incredible how the key Taoist concept of harmony would inspire such beautiful skills and benefits?

I have been wishing to learn the the secrets of "drunken boxing" in future. Hopefully I will be ready and deserving when the time comes.

With sincere respect,
            Olli

Comment

Dear Chris and the Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Thank you, Chris, for sharing your inspiring experiences. It was good to see you, Christina, and your lovely family in Toronto. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time here! I had a wonderful time too.

The Three-Harmonies course was incredible. The "drunken-style flow method" Sifu generously taught has also given many benefits and insights into my practice. It improved my development of flow and force, given me insight into combat applications, and deepened my understanding in Triple-cultivation.

Instead of calling it "drunken-style flow method," might I suggest "Circulating Chi Method" or "Wan Hei Fatt (運氣法)" in Cantonese? What does everyone think about this?

Best wishes,
              Mike

Comment

Dear Michael Sipak,

Originally posted by YunXiang View Post
                Instead of calling it "drunken-style flow method," might I suggest "Circulating Chi Method" or "Wan Hei Fatt (運氣法)" in Cantonese? What does everyone think about this?
                The following is a scholarly opinion because I have no direct experience of either method.

If it's related to the Dragon Strength Chi Circulation Set's method of circulating chi, then it could be more than fitting to call it with such a name. Otherwise needless confusion may arise.

With sincere respect,
                Olli

Comment

The "drunken-style flow method" Sifu generously taught has also given many benefits and insights into my practice. It improved my development of flow and force, given me insight into combat applications, and deepened my understanding in Triple-cultivation.
                  Hi Mike! Well said

I like that very much! It is wonderfully descriptive.

Originally posted by Olli
                  If it's related to the Dragon Strength Chi Circulation Set's method of circulating chi, then it could be more than fitting to call it with such a name. Otherwise needless confusion may arise.
                  No worries there, I think it is very much related. It's interesting to think about, though.

I'm sure that practicing Dragon Strength has had a profound impact on my skill with the Circulating Chi Method. I also believe that practicing the Circulating Chi Method would give you a head start on Dragon Strength if you later learn it, especially in developing Dragon Speed.
                  Chris Didyk
                  Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                  X