Zen Mind in NYC - www.shaolin.nyc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Mind in NYC - www.shaolin.nyc

On October 23, 2016, Sigung taught the "Zen Mind" course in NYC which was hosted by my Sifu, Sifu Eugene Siterman.

In the morning, Sigung taught how to attain a one-pointed mind by performing Lifting the Sky. The technique, which was to only focus on the physical movement of Lifting the Sky, was bafflingly simple and effective to calm the mind.

In the afternoon, Sigung taught everyone how to attain no-mind through sitting meditation on a chair. Again, the technique was incredibly simple: clear the mind of all thoughts. Something clicked for me as Sigung transmitted the skill of no-mind during the 10-minute meditation sessions.

10-minutes flew by. It felt like a minute or less had only passed. My mind attained a clarity and stillness I have never experienced before. I felt as if a burden was lifted off of me and I found simple joy in just being alive. The room also grew very bright.

After the meditation sessions, Sigung asked us to clear our mind for problem-solving. I was able to solve come up with solutions to solve my problems in 5 minutes or less during my heightened state of mind. It was great to read about the techniques but amazing to actually experience the effects.

As I left the course that Sunday, my whole being felt so light and joyful. It's incredible how clearing our thoughts can take away our daily burdens.

Thank you Sigung for the invaluable transmission of skills and lessons.

Best wishes,
    Stephen

Dear Stephen!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience!

On a side note: Sigung taught the methods you described at the VIP Course in China. And the experiences were amazing!
    My favorite is clearing mind of all thoughts!

Steffen, who is my student, mentioned that after years of intensive Vipassana practice, Sigung´s meditation methods were most simple, direct and efficient!
    He could clear his mind much better!

With kind regards,
    Anton.
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Profundity in Simplicity

Wonderful
      Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
      Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
      Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
      - ancient wisdom

Comment

Sounds wonderful

Best wishes
        Mark

Comment

Sounds fantastic Stephen. We did the sitting meditation and one pointed mind at the Intensive Zen course in Ireland this year, and it was probably the most enjoyable course I have ever done.

Comment

Amazing. I had a very similar experience during the Essence of Spiritual Cultivation course in Guildford 2015. Much better effects after 5-10 minutes of simple breathing in presence of our Grandmaster, than hours of Rinzai sitting meditation.

Comment

Dear Stephen Siheng,

Isn't it great to have meditation and train the flowing mind with Sigung?

Even the brief Zen courses are opportunities not to be missed! Congratulations for being able to derive such tremendous results.

With sincere respect,
              Olli

Comment

Working...
              X