Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correcting Posture: Scoliosis, SI-Joint, Pelvic Tilt, Shoulder Misalignment, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting Posture: Scoliosis, SI-Joint, Pelvic Tilt, Shoulder Misalignment, etc.

Hi everyone,

Seeking urgent replies and expert opinion! I wish to make a decision by next Monday, so please respond if you think you can help with it.

I'm especially interested in hearing about how long it may take to completely overcome alignment issues relating to spine and basic upright posture. Whether you are a healer or patient, your experience is of interest to me.

I have been diagnosed with slight scoliosis from an early age on. Chi Kung has provided only little improvement in this regard and other postural defects because my other health issues are more pressing. How long does it usually take to recover from postural alignment issues? Edit: I have been feeling increasingly light in my shoulders for the last two weeks, but I have no certain idea how that might relate to improving posture.

Many years ago I had my posture corrected by an expert of the field and it worked very well. Unfortunately, I was not in a position to recuperate my health in a holistic manner, so the good outcome gradually slid back to an unhealthy state. Even for reasonably healthy patients it's not uncommon that they should need another treatment once in a year or so, or at least one re-treatment. Now that I have been getting excellent results with Chi Kung, I'm thinking that it would work very well in synchrony if I had my posture reset to normal by the same professional once more. There is no guarantee however, so I'm hoping that more knowledgeable people could tell whether it's worth a try.

Thanks!

With sincere gratitude,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 11 October 2016, 08:57 AM.

Depending on the Client and severity, it can take a few minutes to a few months using my QEA method. With the minimal information you have supplied, I would estimate 1 or 2 treatment sessions.

Chi Kung alone will achieve the same result but, depending on your current needs (and not your personal objectives), this could take a long time. If it is the most urgent need, though, 3-6 months of regular practice should be enough.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Hi Andrew Sipak,

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
      Depending on the Client and severity, it can take a few minutes to a few months using my QEA method. With the minimal information you have supplied, I would estimate 1 or 2 treatment sessions.

Chi Kung alone will achieve the same result but, depending on your current needs (and not your personal objectives), this could take a long time. If it is the most urgent need, though, 3-6 months of regular practice should be enough.
      Thank you for your estimation. My postural defects are currently feeling unusually bothersome, so I'm leaning towards having some kind of treatment soon.

With sincere respect,
      Olli

Comment

I should have written this many moons ago

Dear everyone,

I don't recall if I wrote anywhere how this went next, so here it is.

I visited the therapist I knew from years ago, and he successfully reapplied the same gentle aligning treatment once more. Afterwards I was initially quite cautious of vigorous chi flows, but after few weeks everything started to feel completely settled. I stopped doing the therapist's rehabilitation instructions and performed only Chi Kung for further treatment, which worked splendidly. I don't think there was any regression, and my posture has stayed fine ever since.

However, there are caveats. Some minor alignment issues remain, although I'm not sure if physical manipulation would help on these anymore. The more important point I learned was that my energetic blockages were mostly unaffected. I was genuinely surprised that there was practically no effect to the aching of my shoulders, even though my posture is much better now. I guess that if I had been a healthier person first, then Chi Kung would have easily overcome these minor issues.

What can we learn? If you want wholistic treatment which does more than just adjusting the physical body, please consult your local Chi Kung healer. Next time I will surely ask for Sifu Andrew's expert help straight without any hesitation.

With sincere respect,
        Olli

Comment

Working...
        X