Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10 Questions on Happy Family Life

So it begins! There is still time to ask good questions, so please don't hesitate to benefit everyone with your participation. Maybe someone should ask their children what would they would like to ask from a real Shaolin Grandmaster? Not every child gets a chance like that!

Question 1

I know myself to be a recessive carrier for an hereditary disease, although according to findings of the Western science all people may carry unfavorable genetic alleles without their direct knowledge because the DNA structure is mutating all the time. What are the best Chi Kung exercises that would especially purify these (and other) bad hereditary parts of anyone's physical and spiritual inheritance, so that their children wouldn't have to face risks that come with them?

As a related question, how much and what types of benefit would a recently conceived child receive if one or both of the parents have received health benefits from Chi Kung or Kungfu for one, three, or ten years?

Olli

Answer: Benefits of our Chi Kung and Kungfu Practice -- Part 1

Yes, you can overcome your hereditary diseases, if any, if you practice our chi kung. In theory, any genuine chi kung can overcome hereditary diseases. But more than 80% of what is practiced today as chi kung is only gentle physical exercise, and not chi kung, though the practitioners themselves may not know it.

We may appear arrogant to other people when stating this truth, but I would like our Shaolin Wahnam family members to be aware of this fact. Of the 20% who practice genuine chi kung, much of it is low level. In practice, the effect of overcoming hereditary diseases may be negligible if one practices low level chi kung.

Ours happens to be genuine, high level chi kung. Hence, practicing genuine, high-level chi kung will overcome any diseases, including hereditary ones. Again, we may appear very arrogant, but I am only stating the truth.

The fundamental cause of diseases, including hereditary diseases, is energy blockage. Once the blockage is cleared, the practitioner will regain his good health, which is natural. If the chi kung is low level, the resultant energy flow may not be strong enough to clear the energy blockage. If it is gentle physical exercise, there is no energy flow.

It does not matter when the energy blockage was caused. The blockage may be caused when the person was small, or during pregnancy in his mother’s womb, or in his previous lives. When the blockage is cleared, energy will flow harmoniously and perform its natural functions. When a person’s glands, organs, tissues and systems are functioning naturally, as a result of harmonious energy flow, he will not have any diseases.

Scientists have discovered that the DNA structure of a person is changed when he is sick. When he recovers from his sickness, his DNA structure will return to normal.

(Part 2 follows)
    On my way to understanding the greatness of gratitude.
    Thank you Sifu, Sigung, and Past Masters!

(Continued from Part 1)

Answer: Benefits of our Chi Kung and Kungfu Practice -- Part 2

Although they are of a lower level, they are more effective than the advanced exercises in rectifying hereditary defects and overcoming illness. In other words, advanced exercises like Abdominal Breathing and Sinew Metamorphosis can rectify hereditary defects and overcome illness, but elementary exercises like “Double Dragon” and “Carrying the Moon” are relatively more effective.

Of course, these beneficial effects occur if the exercises are practiced correctly. If they are practiced wrongly or as gentle physical exercise, the beneficial effects will not happen, and there may be adverse effects.

When you have cleared hereditary defects and continue to practice your chi kung or kungfu so that hereditary effects will not occur, not only you but also your off=springs will not have the hereditary effects or be recessive carriers. In some literature, this is described as erasing bad karma. Bad causes in the past resulted in hereditary effects. When the bad effects, like hereditary diseases, are eliminated, they will not cause off-springs to have bad karma. Your off-springs will have good karma because your genes will be good and healthy due to your chi kung practice.

Presuming all other things being equal, a recently conceived child will have more benefits the longer the parents practice our chi kung or kungfu. This also applies to a child who is born of parents who practice genuine, high level chi kung or kungfu. Let us quantify the benefits to have a clear idea.

If one parent practices our chi kung or kungfu for one year, the child will have 10 units of benefit. If the one parent practices for two years, the child will have 20 units of benefits. If the one parent practices for three years, the child will have 30 units of benefit. If both parents practice our chi kung or kungfu, the child will have double the amount of benefit, i.e. 20 units, 40 units and 60 units for one, two and three years.

The types of benefit will be overcoming illness, good health, vitality, longevity, mental clarity and spiritual joys, generally in this order of attainment.

If, due to other reasons, a child is sickly when recently conceived, or is sick soon after birth, he will recover very fast. This is a theoretical condition, mentioned here for comparison. Always, when a child is recently conceived, especially when both his parents practice our chi kung or kungfu, he is full of good health and vitality. How do we know when he is still in his mother’s womb? It is because when he is born, and also when he is young, he is full of good health and vitality.

It is also obvious that children born of parents practicing our chi kung or kungfu have much mental clarity. They are also happy and peaceful.

So, for those who wish to have a happy family, including free of hereditary diseases and having healthy and happy children, ask your spouse to be, or your spouse if you already have one, to practice our chi kung. If both you and your spouse are already practicing our chi kung or kungfu, enjoy the practice.

<End>
    Last edited by understanding; 6th November 2016 at 08:08 AM. Reason: underline missing

Honorable Sigung,

Thank you so much for answering my question. It sure brings me a lot of hope and confidence, and I do hope that many reading your answer realize that the benefits of our Chi Kung are more profound than they might have realized.

This is why the topic of Happy Family Life is so important: anyone may realize or rediscover their role as giving inspiration and living righteously, so that everyone around them is benefitting at least indirectly from the extraordinarily sweet fruits of genuine Shaolin Arts.

With sincere gratitude,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 6th November 2016 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 1

Question 2

Considering different roles we have as daughters and sons, as parents to our own children and as workers and citizens of the countries we live in, how can we make sure the choices we make as daughters, or parents to our own children or in relations to our work or business are such that they nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved?

In all relationships we all want peace, happiness and joy. Is there a way to bring this forth in all relationships?

I want to take this chance to thank you Sifu. It is greatly all thanks to the Shaolin Arts and your guidance that I have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters. And a good relationship with my parents.
    So thank you from my heart!

Sifu Nessa Kahila

Answer 2: Happy Family Life -- Part 1

While the different roles we play may lead to different results, we can ensure the choices we make will nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved if we have a happy and healthy attitude towards life.

In other words, although the choices a child or a parent makes, an employee or an employer makes, or an ordinary citizen or a country leader makes, may not be the same, whether the decisions made will lead to a happy and healthy environment to all involved depend on whether the persons making the decisions have a happy and healthy attitude towards life.

The choice a child makes may be different from that of a parent. Similarly an employee and an ordinary citizen may make choices different from those of an employer or a country leader. But irrespective of whether the decision maker is a child or a parent, an employee or an employer, an ordinary citizen or a country leader, or of different classes of people, if the decision maker is happy and healthy towards life, the effect of his decisions will be happy and healthy to the people involved. If the decision maker is sad and sick, the effect will be depressing and sickly.

Having a happy and healthy attitude towards life is, therefore, very important. This is also the attitude we practice and cherish in our school.

Let us take some examples of a child and a parent.

Suppose a child sees a toy and he beseeches his parent to buy it, and suppose the parent is poor. But both the child and the parent have a happy and healthy attitude towards life. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Can you buy it for me?”

“I’d love to, darling. But ma ma do not have sufficient money. I would use the money for food, which is more important for you.”

Although the child may not have the toy, but the choice made will contribute to a happy and healthy environment for the child and the parent, as well as other people who happen to come into their lives.

Now, suppose the child and the parent have a sad and sick attitude towards life. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Buy it for me.”

“Don’t you know that I can’t afford to buy the toy, you stupid boy. You have to go without the toy.”

The child may sulk, or may scream. The parent may be angry. Their attitude will not contribute to a happy and healthy environment for the child and the parent, or for other people.

(Part 2 follows)

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 2

(Continued from Part 1)

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 2

Suppose the child has a sad and sick attitude towards life, but the parent has a happy and healthy one. This is a hypothetical example for comparison. Parents with a happy and healthy attitude towards life usually have children who also have a happy and healthy attitude. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma. I want that toy. Buy it for me.”

“I’d love to, darling, but I don’t have enough money. I’d rather save the money to buy you food.”

The child may sulk, or he may scream, but he won’t be happy. He may not be clinically sick, but he is spiritually unhealthy. Other people meeting the child may be negatively influenced by him is they are spiritually weak, or attempt to make him less sad and less unhealthy, or even change the child to become happy and healthy, if they are spiritually strong.

On the other hand, the parent will be happy and healthy, despite having a sad and sick child. People coming into contact with her will be positively influenced by the parent.

Suppose the child is happy and healthy, but the parent is sad and sickly. This, again, is a hypothetical example for comparison. If parents have a sad and sick attitude towards life, their children usually follow the parents’ example. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Can you buy it for me?”

“You stupid boy. Don’t you know that I can’t afford to buy the toy?”

The child will not sulk, or will not scream. He may even say, “That’s fine ma ma. I can still play without the toy.”

Hopefully the child can influence the parent. Other people will be inspired to be happy and healthy when they meet the child.

On the other hand, the influence of the parent will be negative for those who are spiritually weak. The parent should learn chi kung or kungfu from our school.

It is worthy of note that to have a happy and healthy attitude towards life does not depend on financial position. Even when one is poor, he (or she) can be happy and healthy.

Yes, there is a way to bring forth peace, happiness and joy in all relationships. Practice chi kung or kungfu, or both, from our school.

Why does practicing chi kung or kungfu, or both, from our school bring forth peace, happiness and joy in all relationships. The answer is both extrinsic and intrinsic.

Extrinsically, peace, happiness and joy are the qualities we cherish, teach and practice in our school. We teach students to have a happy and healthy attitude towards life. We also teach students how to transfer what they have learnt in chi kung and kungfu to make their lives peaceful, happy, joyful and healthy.

Intrinsically, the practice of our arts enables our students to be peaceful, happy and joyful as well as healthy, even if they were not extrinsically taught so, but actually they are. Before any student can learn from us, he (or she) has to follow and practice our Ten Shaolin Laws, which contribute to high moral values and peace. Every time we start our practice, we smile from the heart, which contributes to happiness and joy. Every time in our training, we experience energy flow, which contributes to good health.

It is no surprise at all that you have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters, and a good relationship with your parents and in-laws. All of them, except your daughters who are still small, practice our arts. Although your daughters have not practiced our arts formally, they have done so informally. More significantly, they have very good influence from you and your husband, and they are chi kung babies, which definitely make them peaceful, happy, joyful and healthy.

<End>

Nessa is offline Sifu Nessa Kahila - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Finland
    Thank you Olli, for facilitating this thread!

And thank you Sifu for your illuminating answer, and for spreading these wonderful Shaolin arts.

With gratitude,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Honorable Sifu,

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Thank you Olli, for facilitating this thread!

And thank you Sifu for your illuminating answer, and for spreading these wonderful Shaolin arts.
    I'm glad that you already enjoy the answers! I really loved the answer to your question, so thank you for asking it.

I must say that this answer is my clear favorite of all the Sigung's answers that I can remember.

Thank you Sigung for continuing to answer our questions!

With sincere gratitude,
    Olli

Kevin_B is offline Sifu Kevin Barry - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
    Thank you Sigung for another wonderful Q&A series! And thank you to Ollie for facilitating the thread. Unlike all the others in the series, this thread isn't related to an upcoming course (or at least none that I am aware of!) so it feels like a very special opportunity.

Here is my first question:

Dear Sigung,

Some people believe that each soul chooses their parents before incarnating into this life. Is there any validity to this belief?

All the best,

Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin_B; 30th December 2016 at 01:09 AM.
    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan and Shaolin Chi Kung classes in Dublin

http://www.taijiquan.ie/

Kevin_B is offline Sifu Kevin Barry - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
    Dear Sigung,

Genesis 22 tells the story of the Binding Of Isaac: God asking Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac on Mount Moriah. As we know from the narrative, Abraham duly complies - his obedience to God's will sets him on course to commit a truly barbaric act that violates all notions of parental love and basic human decency.

Just as he is about to kill his son however God intervenes: “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” (Genesis 22:12)

What can we learn about Abraham from this story Sigung? Are we to admire him for his faith or be horrified by his actions? Or maybe both?

Are there any circumstances in our lives when our duties to our family and loved ones should be set aside to serve a higher need or some higher power?

What can we learn about God and what it is to be human from this story Sigung?

Thank you Sigung for another soon-to-be classic Q & A series. And many thanks to Ollie as well.

All the best,

Kevin

Painting below: Lodovico Cardi's "The Sacrifice of Isaac"

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 01.17.12.jpg
    Last edited by Kevin_B; 30th December 2016 at 01:26 AM.
    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan and Shaolin Chi Kung classes in Dublin

http://www.taijiquan.ie/

Dear Kevin Siheng,

Thank you for your most interesting questions! I am glad that you appreciate the opportunity. Your questions have a very deep meaning, and I think they are connected enough to warrant treating them as a single combined question on metaphysics.

My brother-in-law Atte posed an interesting question during my visit, which I am translating and restucturing like this:

How to pacify children and keep them happy, as a group or alone? The children can be aged anything from toddlers to pre-teens.
    I am including that in the pool of questions because it is highly practical and many parents certainly struggle with children crying or even fighting each other.

There are currently 7 questions asked. There is still room for three more questions, so please use the opportunity.

With sincere respect,
    Olli