Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Questions on Happy Family Life

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I consulted Sigung and received an incredible message just now.

Sigung has extremely generously agreed to answer 10 Questions on Happy Family Life! This is a fantastic opportunity to ask all meaningful questions that you might have in relation to having a fullfilling life and becoming the best possible person: Being a faithful spouse, filial child, and caring parent may already incorporate in itself all the essential virtues of human life without having to look any further. It has come up many times that having a happy family is one of the definite aims of our school, with our own Grandmaster being a shining example on how to be an excellent husband and father, and of course loving and honoring his parents as a good child does. May the Heaven bless his parents for raising a gem like him for our benefit!

Before asking questions you might want to see my recent compilation of Sigung's past answers in A Shaolin Grandmaster's Best Advice for Wholesome Family Life and see how well your question fits in or if it has been answered already.

Depending on the popularity of this opportunity, either the 10 first questions shall be answered or I will choose the 10 best questions going forward according to my own judgement.

Care to guess how stoked I am right now?

I will start with the first question, and I hope that it will bring benefit to many.

----

Honorable Sigung,

I know myself to be a recessive carrier for a hereditary disease, although according to findings of the Western science all people may carry unfavorable genetic alleles without their direct knowledge because the DNA structure is mutating all the time. What are the best Chi Kung exercises that would especially purify these (and other) bad heriditary parts of anyone's physical and spiritual inheritance, so that their children wouldn't have to face risks that come with them?

As a related question, how much and what types of benefit would a recently conceived child receive if one or both of the parents have received health benefits from Chi Kung or Kungfu for one, three, or ten years?

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Great news, Olli!

Looking forward to this wonderful series!

Yours,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Thank you for this opportunity to ask a question about happy family life from Sifu, something I am sure everyone wants.

My question is considering different roles we have as daughters and sons, as parents to our own children and as workers and citizens of the countries we live in.

How can we make sure the choices we make as daughters, or parents to our own children or in relations to our work or business are such that they nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved?

In all relationships we all want peace, happiness and joy. Is there a way to bring this forth in all relationships?

I want to take this chance to thank you Sifu. It is greatly all thanks to the Shaolin Arts and your guidance that I have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters. And a good relationship with my parents.
      So thank you from my heart!

Sincerely,

Nessa
      Nessa Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland
      Instructor
      nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I would like to thank Sifu for always being so generous with all of us. It is truly inspiring Sifu's dedication. :-)

I would like to thank Olli Sijat for initiating another wonderful Q & A Series.

Dear Sifu,

In all my years being your student I have witnessed how you successfully bring out the best in people. That is really an inspiration for me and it would be wonderful to have that skill so I can apply it to every relationship that I have. Many times, it is specially challenging with family. Could you please share with us your secret?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Dear Olli

Thank you very much for creating this opportunity for us.

One of the most wonderful things that I have been gifted trough our trainings and especially through Sigung’s wisdom and help is to enjoy a happy family life. It is one of the greatest gifts, I think, to love and feel loved within a family.

I would like to contribute the following question:

We are all different. We think, act and feel differently ie. Have different needs, aspirations, walk of lives etc. Apart from sharing our love and joy with our family members (family in a narrow and more wider sense), what are the skills and how can we train them to understand the other person better in order to be able to nurture them more effectively.

Thank you!

Kind regards, Binia

Comment

Good Beginning

Hey everyone,

The first week brought us three more excellent questions, so we are off with a good start. Thank you for the inquirers for taking the lead!

I especially enjoyed how Sifu was the first to ask a question that related to environment. It's just one word, but its meaning and implications can relate to both society at large and staying in harmony with the earth. In other words, an extremely economical choice of words that leaves much open for explanation for our benefit.

We still have vacancy for more questions and over a week's gap since the last reply. Coincidentally, I have seen many other forum regulars ask very silly questions since September, but I'm sure they also have the capacity to ask wiser and more sober questions. Please don't hesitate to apply "Sound East Strike West" and use your chance now to prove that you haven't become completely daft! Of course, everyone else is also highly encouraged to join in with their brilliant questions.

With sincere respect,
            Olli
            Last edited by understanding; 18 October 2016, 05:30 AM. Reason: east and west got mixed

Comment

Dear readers,

To further stimulate participation and get you thinking, I present few questions for you:

Would you take a titular course "Happy Family Life" with Sigung (Sifu Wong)? Why or why not? What would you like to be featured on such a course, and what questions would you have on your mind when taking it?

Hopefully this helps to get you on the right groove.

(Actually, there has already been a course very much in the spirit of this question in UK Summer Camp 2016: Applying the Fundamentals of Chi Kung Everywhere. Although there's no recorded data, I'm also quite sure that Sigung has shared some of his insight on happy family life on just about every course. )

With sincere respect,
              Olli

Comment

Time flies

Dear Sifu,

"Time flies" is a quote used by many people. At the second birthday of our son we realized that another year has passed within the blink of an eye.

Elder people explain that time passes faster and faster the older one gets.

Sifu, how can we "slow down" time or at least change our perception about it in the phenomenal world?

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us time and time again!

Best wishes,

Leo
                Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Brilliant Olli, thanks for generating this great opportunity.

Blessings

James
                  Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Hi James!

I'm glad that you are excited about the opportunity. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend, you two have a good headstart in actualizing a happy family together!

With sincere respect,
                    Olli

Comment

So it begins! There is still time to ask good questions, so please don't hesitate to benefit everyone with your participation. Maybe someone should ask their children what would they would like to ask from a real Shaolin Grandmaster? Not every child gets a chance like that!

Question 1

I know myself to be a recessive carrier for an hereditary disease, although according to findings of the Western science all people may carry unfavorable genetic alleles without their direct knowledge because the DNA structure is mutating all the time. What are the best Chi Kung exercises that would especially purify these (and other) bad hereditary parts of anyone's physical and spiritual inheritance, so that their children wouldn't have to face risks that come with them?

As a related question, how much and what types of benefit would a recently conceived child receive if one or both of the parents have received health benefits from Chi Kung or Kungfu for one, three, or ten years?

Olli

Answer: Benefits of our Chi Kung and Kungfu Practice -- Part 1

Yes, you can overcome your hereditary diseases, if any, if you practice our chi kung. In theory, any genuine chi kung can overcome hereditary diseases. But more than 80% of what is practiced today as chi kung is only gentle physical exercise, and not chi kung, though the practitioners themselves may not know it.

We may appear arrogant to other people when stating this truth, but I would like our Shaolin Wahnam family members to be aware of this fact. Of the 20% who practice genuine chi kung, much of it is low level. In practice, the effect of overcoming hereditary diseases may be negligible if one practices low level chi kung.

Ours happens to be genuine, high level chi kung. Hence, practicing genuine, high-level chi kung will overcome any diseases, including hereditary ones. Again, we may appear very arrogant, but I am only stating the truth.

The fundamental cause of diseases, including hereditary diseases, is energy blockage. Once the blockage is cleared, the practitioner will regain his good health, which is natural. If the chi kung is low level, the resultant energy flow may not be strong enough to clear the energy blockage. If it is gentle physical exercise, there is no energy flow.

It does not matter when the energy blockage was caused. The blockage may be caused when the person was small, or during pregnancy in his mother’s womb, or in his previous lives. When the blockage is cleared, energy will flow harmoniously and perform its natural functions. When a person’s glands, organs, tissues and systems are functioning naturally, as a result of harmonious energy flow, he will not have any diseases.

Scientists have discovered that the DNA structure of a person is changed when he is sick. When he recovers from his sickness, his DNA structure will return to normal.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

(Continued from Part 1)

Answer: Benefits of our Chi Kung and Kungfu Practice -- Part 2

Although they are of a lower level, they are more effective than the advanced exercises in rectifying hereditary defects and overcoming illness. In other words, advanced exercises like Abdominal Breathing and Sinew Metamorphosis can rectify hereditary defects and overcome illness, but elementary exercises like “Double Dragon” and “Carrying the Moon” are relatively more effective.

Of course, these beneficial effects occur if the exercises are practiced correctly. If they are practiced wrongly or as gentle physical exercise, the beneficial effects will not happen, and there may be adverse effects.

When you have cleared hereditary defects and continue to practice your chi kung or kungfu so that hereditary effects will not occur, not only you but also your off=springs will not have the hereditary effects or be recessive carriers. In some literature, this is described as erasing bad karma. Bad causes in the past resulted in hereditary effects. When the bad effects, like hereditary diseases, are eliminated, they will not cause off-springs to have bad karma. Your off-springs will have good karma because your genes will be good and healthy due to your chi kung practice.

Presuming all other things being equal, a recently conceived child will have more benefits the longer the parents practice our chi kung or kungfu. This also applies to a child who is born of parents who practice genuine, high level chi kung or kungfu. Let us quantify the benefits to have a clear idea.

If one parent practices our chi kung or kungfu for one year, the child will have 10 units of benefit. If the one parent practices for two years, the child will have 20 units of benefits. If the one parent practices for three years, the child will have 30 units of benefit. If both parents practice our chi kung or kungfu, the child will have double the amount of benefit, i.e. 20 units, 40 units and 60 units for one, two and three years.

The types of benefit will be overcoming illness, good health, vitality, longevity, mental clarity and spiritual joys, generally in this order of attainment.

If, due to other reasons, a child is sickly when recently conceived, or is sick soon after birth, he will recover very fast. This is a theoretical condition, mentioned here for comparison. Always, when a child is recently conceived, especially when both his parents practice our chi kung or kungfu, he is full of good health and vitality. How do we know when he is still in his mother’s womb? It is because when he is born, and also when he is young, he is full of good health and vitality.

It is also obvious that children born of parents practicing our chi kung or kungfu have much mental clarity. They are also happy and peaceful.

So, for those who wish to have a happy family, including free of hereditary diseases and having healthy and happy children, ask your spouse to be, or your spouse if you already have one, to practice our chi kung. If both you and your spouse are already practicing our chi kung or kungfu, enjoy the practice.

<End>
                        Last edited by understanding; 6 November 2016, 07:08 AM. Reason: underline missing

Comment

Honorable Sigung,

Thank you so much for answering my question. It sure brings me a lot of hope and confidence, and I do hope that many reading your answer realize that the benefits of our Chi Kung are more profound than they might have realized.

This is why the topic of Happy Family Life is so important: anyone may realize or rediscover their role as giving inspiration and living righteously, so that everyone around them is benefitting at least indirectly from the extraordinarily sweet fruits of genuine Shaolin Arts.

With sincere gratitude,
                          Olli
                          Last edited by understanding; 6 November 2016, 07:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 1

Question 2

Considering different roles we have as daughters and sons, as parents to our own children and as workers and citizens of the countries we live in, how can we make sure the choices we make as daughters, or parents to our own children or in relations to our work or business are such that they nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved?

In all relationships we all want peace, happiness and joy. Is there a way to bring this forth in all relationships?

I want to take this chance to thank you Sifu. It is greatly all thanks to the Shaolin Arts and your guidance that I have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters. And a good relationship with my parents.
                            So thank you from my heart!

Sifu Nessa Kahila

Answer 2: Happy Family Life -- Part 1

While the different roles we play may lead to different results, we can ensure the choices we make will nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved if we have a happy and healthy attitude towards life.

In other words, although the choices a child or a parent makes, an employee or an employer makes, or an ordinary citizen or a country leader makes, may not be the same, whether the decisions made will lead to a happy and healthy environment to all involved depend on whether the persons making the decisions have a happy and healthy attitude towards life.

The choice a child makes may be different from that of a parent. Similarly an employee and an ordinary citizen may make choices different from those of an employer or a country leader. But irrespective of whether the decision maker is a child or a parent, an employee or an employer, an ordinary citizen or a country leader, or of different classes of people, if the decision maker is happy and healthy towards life, the effect of his decisions will be happy and healthy to the people involved. If the decision maker is sad and sick, the effect will be depressing and sickly.

Having a happy and healthy attitude towards life is, therefore, very important. This is also the attitude we practice and cherish in our school.

Let us take some examples of a child and a parent.

Suppose a child sees a toy and he beseeches his parent to buy it, and suppose the parent is poor. But both the child and the parent have a happy and healthy attitude towards life. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Can you buy it for me?”

“I’d love to, darling. But ma ma do not have sufficient money. I would use the money for food, which is more important for you.”

Although the child may not have the toy, but the choice made will contribute to a happy and healthy environment for the child and the parent, as well as other people who happen to come into their lives.

Now, suppose the child and the parent have a sad and sick attitude towards life. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Buy it for me.”

“Don’t you know that I can’t afford to buy the toy, you stupid boy. You have to go without the toy.”

The child may sulk, or may scream. The parent may be angry. Their attitude will not contribute to a happy and healthy environment for the child and the parent, or for other people.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 2

(Continued from Part 1)

Happy Family Life Question and Answer 2 -- Part 2

Suppose the child has a sad and sick attitude towards life, but the parent has a happy and healthy one. This is a hypothetical example for comparison. Parents with a happy and healthy attitude towards life usually have children who also have a happy and healthy attitude. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma. I want that toy. Buy it for me.”

“I’d love to, darling, but I don’t have enough money. I’d rather save the money to buy you food.”

The child may sulk, or he may scream, but he won’t be happy. He may not be clinically sick, but he is spiritually unhealthy. Other people meeting the child may be negatively influenced by him is they are spiritually weak, or attempt to make him less sad and less unhealthy, or even change the child to become happy and healthy, if they are spiritually strong.

On the other hand, the parent will be happy and healthy, despite having a sad and sick child. People coming into contact with her will be positively influenced by the parent.

Suppose the child is happy and healthy, but the parent is sad and sickly. This, again, is a hypothetical example for comparison. If parents have a sad and sick attitude towards life, their children usually follow the parents’ example. Their conversation can be as follows.

“Ma ma, I love that toy. Can you buy it for me?”

“You stupid boy. Don’t you know that I can’t afford to buy the toy?”

The child will not sulk, or will not scream. He may even say, “That’s fine ma ma. I can still play without the toy.”

Hopefully the child can influence the parent. Other people will be inspired to be happy and healthy when they meet the child.

On the other hand, the influence of the parent will be negative for those who are spiritually weak. The parent should learn chi kung or kungfu from our school.

It is worthy of note that to have a happy and healthy attitude towards life does not depend on financial position. Even when one is poor, he (or she) can be happy and healthy.

Yes, there is a way to bring forth peace, happiness and joy in all relationships. Practice chi kung or kungfu, or both, from our school.

Why does practicing chi kung or kungfu, or both, from our school bring forth peace, happiness and joy in all relationships. The answer is both extrinsic and intrinsic.

Extrinsically, peace, happiness and joy are the qualities we cherish, teach and practice in our school. We teach students to have a happy and healthy attitude towards life. We also teach students how to transfer what they have learnt in chi kung and kungfu to make their lives peaceful, happy, joyful and healthy.

Intrinsically, the practice of our arts enables our students to be peaceful, happy and joyful as well as healthy, even if they were not extrinsically taught so, but actually they are. Before any student can learn from us, he (or she) has to follow and practice our Ten Shaolin Laws, which contribute to high moral values and peace. Every time we start our practice, we smile from the heart, which contributes to happiness and joy. Every time in our training, we experience energy flow, which contributes to good health.

It is no surprise at all that you have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters, and a good relationship with your parents and in-laws. All of them, except your daughters who are still small, practice our arts. Although your daughters have not practiced our arts formally, they have done so informally. More significantly, they have very good influence from you and your husband, and they are chi kung babies, which definitely make them peaceful, happy, joyful and healthy.

<End>

Comment

Working...
                              X