Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Questions on Happy Family Life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10 Questions on Happy Family Life

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I consulted Sigung and received an incredible message just now.

Sigung has extremely generously agreed to answer 10 Questions on Happy Family Life! This is a fantastic opportunity to ask all meaningful questions that you might have in relation to having a fullfilling life and becoming the best possible person: Being a faithful spouse, filial child, and caring parent may already incorporate in itself all the essential virtues of human life without having to look any further. It has come up many times that having a happy family is one of the definite aims of our school, with our own Grandmaster being a shining example on how to be an excellent husband and father, and of course loving and honoring his parents as a good child does. May the Heaven bless his parents for raising a gem like him for our benefit!

Before asking questions you might want to see my recent compilation of Sigung's past answers in A Shaolin Grandmaster's Best Advice for Wholesome Family Life and see how well your question fits in or if it has been answered already.

Depending on the popularity of this opportunity, either the 10 first questions shall be answered or I will choose the 10 best questions going forward according to my own judgement.

Care to guess how stoked I am right now?

I will start with the first question, and I hope that it will bring benefit to many.

----

Honorable Sigung,

I know myself to be a recessive carrier for a hereditary disease, although according to findings of the Western science all people may carry unfavorable genetic alleles without their direct knowledge because the DNA structure is mutating all the time. What are the best Chi Kung exercises that would especially purify these (and other) bad heriditary parts of anyone's physical and spiritual inheritance, so that their children wouldn't have to face risks that come with them?

As a related question, how much and what types of benefit would a recently conceived child receive if one or both of the parents have received health benefits from Chi Kung or Kungfu for one, three, or ten years?

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    On my way to understanding the greatness of gratitude.
    Thank you Sifu, Sigung, and Past Masters!

Charles David is offline Sifu Charles Chalmers - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Canada
    Great news, Olli!

Looking forward to this wonderful series!

Yours,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Nessa is offline Sifu Nessa Kahila - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Finland
    Thank you for this opportunity to ask a question about happy family life from Sifu, something I am sure everyone wants.

My question is considering different roles we have as daughters and sons, as parents to our own children and as workers and citizens of the countries we live in.

How can we make sure the choices we make as daughters, or parents to our own children or in relations to our work or business are such that they nurture a happy and healthy environment to all involved?

In all relationships we all want peace, happiness and joy. Is there a way to bring this forth in all relationships?

I want to take this chance to thank you Sifu. It is greatly all thanks to the Shaolin Arts and your guidance that I have a very happy family life, a good and loving husband and beautiful daughters. And a good relationship with my parents.
    So thank you from my heart!

Sincerely,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I would like to thank Sifu for always being so generous with all of us. It is truly inspiring Sifu's dedication. :-)

I would like to thank Olli Sijat for initiating another wonderful Q & A Series.

Dear Sifu,

In all my years being your student I have witnessed how you successfully bring out the best in people. That is really an inspiration for me and it would be wonderful to have that skill so I can apply it to every relationship that I have. Many times, it is specially challenging with family. Could you please share with us your secret?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Dear Olli

Thank you very much for creating this opportunity for us.

One of the most wonderful things that I have been gifted trough our trainings and especially through Sigung’s wisdom and help is to enjoy a happy family life. It is one of the greatest gifts, I think, to love and feel loved within a family.

I would like to contribute the following question:

We are all different. We think, act and feel differently ie. Have different needs, aspirations, walk of lives etc. Apart from sharing our love and joy with our family members (family in a narrow and more wider sense), what are the skills and how can we train them to understand the other person better in order to be able to nurture them more effectively.

Thank you!

Kind regards, Binia

Good Beginning

Hey everyone,

The first week brought us three more excellent questions, so we are off with a good start. Thank you for the inquirers for taking the lead!

I especially enjoyed how Sifu was the first to ask a question that related to environment. It's just one word, but its meaning and implications can relate to both society at large and staying in harmony with the earth. In other words, an extremely economical choice of words that leaves much open for explanation for our benefit.

We still have vacancy for more questions and over a week's gap since the last reply. Coincidentally, I have seen many other forum regulars ask very silly questions since September, but I'm sure they also have the capacity to ask wiser and more sober questions. Please don't hesitate to apply "Sound East Strike West" and use your chance now to prove that you haven't become completely daft! Of course, everyone else is also highly encouraged to join in with their brilliant questions.

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 18th October 2016 at 05:30 AM. Reason: east and west got mixed

Dear readers,

To further stimulate participation and get you thinking, I present few questions for you:

Would you take a titular course "Happy Family Life" with Sigung (Sifu Wong)? Why or why not? What would you like to be featured on such a course, and what questions would you have on your mind when taking it?

Hopefully this helps to get you on the right groove.

(Actually, there has already been a course very much in the spirit of this question in UK Summer Camp 2016: Applying the Fundamentals of Chi Kung Everywhere. Although there's no recorded data, I'm also quite sure that Sigung has shared some of his insight on happy family life on just about every course. )

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Brilliant Olli, thanks for generating this great opportunity.

Blessings

James
    Aaahhhhh!

Hi James!

I'm glad that you are excited about the opportunity. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend, you two have a good headstart in actualizing a happy family together!

With sincere respect,
    Olli

So it begins! There is still time to ask good questions, so please don't hesitate to benefit everyone with your participation. Maybe someone should ask their children what would they would like to ask from a real Shaolin Grandmaster? Not every child gets a chance like that!

Question 1

I know myself to be a recessive carrier for an hereditary disease, although according to findings of the Western science all people may carry unfavorable genetic alleles without their direct knowledge because the DNA structure is mutating all the time. What are the best Chi Kung exercises that would especially purify these (and other) bad hereditary parts of anyone's physical and spiritual inheritance, so that their children wouldn't have to face risks that come with them?

As a related question, how much and what types of benefit would a recently conceived child receive if one or both of the parents have received health benefits from Chi Kung or Kungfu for one, three, or ten years?

Olli

Answer: Benefits of our Chi Kung and Kungfu Practice -- Part 1

Yes, you can overcome your hereditary diseases, if any, if you practice our chi kung. In theory, any genuine chi kung can overcome hereditary diseases. But more than 80% of what is practiced today as chi kung is only gentle physical exercise, and not chi kung, though the practitioners themselves may not know it.

We may appear arrogant to other people when stating this truth, but I would like our Shaolin Wahnam family members to be aware of this fact. Of the 20% who practice genuine chi kung, much of it is low level. In practice, the effect of overcoming hereditary diseases may be negligible if one practices low level chi kung.

Ours happens to be genuine, high level chi kung. Hence, practicing genuine, high-level chi kung will overcome any diseases, including hereditary ones. Again, we may appear very arrogant, but I am only stating the truth.

The fundamental cause of diseases, including hereditary diseases, is energy blockage. Once the blockage is cleared, the practitioner will regain his good health, which is natural. If the chi kung is low level, the resultant energy flow may not be strong enough to clear the energy blockage. If it is gentle physical exercise, there is no energy flow.

It does not matter when the energy blockage was caused. The blockage may be caused when the person was small, or during pregnancy in his mother’s womb, or in his previous lives. When the blockage is cleared, energy will flow harmoniously and perform its natural functions. When a person’s glands, organs, tissues and systems are functioning naturally, as a result of harmonious energy flow, he will not have any diseases.

Scientists have discovered that the DNA structure of a person is changed when he is sick. When he recovers from his sickness, his DNA structure will return to normal.

(Part 2 follows)