Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do shaolins train even their soft spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do shaolins train even their soft spots?

I have heard they condition even their solar plexus and genitalia. Is that true? If it's true, i want to try it too.
    How often do they do those exercises?

As a matter of fact, in the recent King's Road courses in Finland, during the Golden Bell course, Grandmaster Wong taught us the method for developing Golden Bell even in the genitalia and solar plexus.
    But these are advanced arts, that you should only learn from a great master, and never try to learn on your own. The adverse effects may be serious.

I don't know wheather you have learned from us or not?
    What is more beneficial is to learn genuine Shaolin Kungfu and enjoy the benefits it gives to your daily life in being healthy and happy.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

I don't have the luxury to travel to a shaolin monastery. If i could, i would go there and try to get accepted permanently.
      So, just because i'm not lucky enough to live close to such a place, i'll be forever be denied the privilege to become the
      best i can? Can't you at least give me some guidelines? Then, i'll decide, under my own responsibility, whether i'll take
      the risk to train that way or not. Life has no point if you never do what fullfills you because of fear of side effects.

Comment

There are other places besides the Shaolin Monastery to practice genuine Shaolin Arts. Our school, Shaolin Wahnam International is one of them.
        We have instructors all over the world.

My advice to you is, to find a good master who is willing to teach you. If you are fortunate enough to get accepted as a student, be the best possible student you can be. Doing so, you will become the best person you can be.

If money is the problem, you can work hard to earn enough and in doing so become stronger.

As for practicing on your own without the guidance of a master is asking for trouble.

Best wishes,

Nessa
        Nessa Kahila
        Shaolin Nordic Finland
        Instructor
        nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Hi Lost Soul,

Martial arts traditionally takes a lot of hard work and perseverance, whether you are a boxer who has to get up at 5am to run 8 miles for your roadwork, or a Shaolin Kungfu practitioner who might traditionally have to stand in a stance for an hour. Not saying this applies to you but I have heard adults say that they want to go to the monastery or the master's house, are willing to sleep on the floor, chop firewood, sweep the floor and endure hours of arduous training, but then they say they can't afford it - when actually the difficulty of getting a job and saving up, though significant, is less than following such a training programme would be, and so if they can't carry out that first preparation stage of getting the money together for the training, they are unlikely to manage the actual training stage.

It is partly to do with psychology / behavioural economics. Someone is likely to agree to all kinds of sacrifices they will make at an unspecified future date, such as hard training, but much less likely to agree to make the same or similar sacrifices today! I have done this, like I would say "Ok I will hang around with my friends tonight, and then next week I will start serious study!"

I digress, anyway I am not sure what age you are but is it possible to get a job, like a paper round, work in a shop etc, or start a business where you do people's gardens for money, for example. If your parents don't allow you to do this because they want you to focus on schoolwork, which is something that happens rarely (most know the time spared will be spent on xbox and facebook rather than studying), then perhaps they can give you money based on improving your results at school for example. You can then use the money to do things like obviously take regional courses with our Master, or our instructors, or you can seek out other masters, or things like local Wing Chun schools.

Another psychological thing, it is easy for me to suggest all these schemes for you to make money, but I was much less likely to do such things myself when I was young! I was lucky that kungfu fell into my lap eventually, and that I could pay for my earlier training in boxing etc with my pocket money. Perhaps you will have the patience to wait and the luck to find what you want eventually, just making some suggestions as to how maybe you can get these things a bit sooner.
          Last edited by drunken boxer; 4 October 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Dear Lost Soul

Things are rarely black and white . Do you really want to learn those arts? Do you want to feel better, more confident, more whole, more happy?
            Then do a first step and keep going. But you will have to persevere and continue. It's only in Holywood movies that the hero becomes such overnight. In reality it usually takes a few years and the readiness to work for it .

I don't know how old you are, but have you tried any of those:
            - Have you checked if there are any Shaolin Kungfu or other Kungfu schools in your town? Maybe even an Aikido or other martial art school to get you started?
            - Have you asked them what it takes to be accepted?
            - If the fee is to high, have you tried to offer them something else instead (you could distribute flyers, clean the training room, run small commissions etc)

In my experience there is often a way, if you are sincere in your desire to learn and willing to work for it.

Also remember that while there might be methods to make you externally strong, they will not prevent you from getting hurt. There is always somebody who is stronger. And our heart gets hurt even if the body takes the damage.
            But with genuine Shaolin arts, which are rare today, you will also grow internally, feel strong and confident from within. And your inner wounds will heal. So you might not even care about hardening your softer spots, because you no longer have to take hits.

The path is not easy and one of small steps. Learn the basics (stances, stance training, basic patterns and skills) with all your dedication first and don't worry about advanced arts now. If you try to learn advanced arts by yourself, you will just harm yourself even more. Don't do it.

All the best
            Andrea
            Last edited by Andrea; 10 October 2016, 09:31 PM.
            Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
            Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Working...
            X