Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Best "A-ha" Moments with Chi Kung or Kungfu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best "A-ha" Moments with Chi Kung or Kungfu?

Dear Family,

This is a survey about skills and applications.

What are your best "a-ha", out-of-the-box, or heureka! moments in learning or utilizing Chi Kung or Kungfu skills? By this I'm not referring to having those cosmic or otherwise transcendental experiences because these are not the skills or insights that primarily enrich our daily lives. The question is: when did you realize just how good our Arts are in terms of versatility and practical uses? Then has there been a particular course that contributed to your learning or utilization of skills more than any other? What is your most memorable occasion of applying some skill(s), preferrably in some unexpected manner?

As we all are in different stages of progression and some have acquired more advanced or elective skills compared to others, we should be getting a wide variety of experiences.

In the last UK Summer Camp past June, we learned two awesome applications on the third course Applying the fundamentals of Chi Kung, everywhere. First we used Separating Water to phenomenally open our hearts, and then we learned simply radiating love. These two represented brilliantly the needs of employer-employee relationship and familial love respectively. I was, and still am, completely taken by how bafflingly simple and "obvious" methods we learned to enrich our daily lives. This was a direct demonstration of skillful means in action and how versatile Chi Kung is in the hands of a true Grandmaster. Thank you again Sigung!

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 10 September 2016, 05:31 PM. Reason: skillful typing :-)

Thank you for starting this thread, Olli.

One thing this summer that has resonated a lot with me of all the things I have learned with Sifu was "Just do it".
    It's applicable in every situation and all things. As a result, you learn to flow with things and situations better, without getting stuck.
    In combat as well as daily life this is priceless.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Not the most amazing a-ha experience but worth sharing:

When having a nightmare and I am aware of it, I (somehow while sleeping) go into the chi kung state of mind which lets the nightmare fade away

Comment

Working...
      X