Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Contest--The Gold Medal Winner Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contribution to Video Contest 2016

Dear Shaolin Wahnam brothers and sisters,

Last but not least I send you my contribution to the Shaolin Wahnam Video Contest 2016.
    Please turn the sound on to fully enjoy the weapons' sounds!

Guan Dao: https://youtu.be/7nECfAze7hg

and

Three Sectional Whip: https://youtu.be/lEZKJ7o51Rk

Thank you Sigung, Sipak(s), Sifu and Sisook(s) for all your teachings and support during the last years!

Kind regards from the UK

Thomas

Comment

Green spirit

Hello everyone,

I had gathered these images thinking of a video in july, and never made it because i got too busy with other things.
      Thanks to Sifu and his sentence last week: " but there is still some time!" i decided to still try although i never would have thought possible to manage so fast. It is not exactly so as i would have wished, because of time, but im just happy to have done it and share it with you all.

Thank you for all the various and interesting images and stories we've got here and for these great threads .

With a smile from the heart

Comment

Dear Shaolin Family,
        Here is my final submission. Thank you as always to Sifu for his generosity and to Charles for starting this thread! Working with video is a new experience for me so it was quite challenging! Best of luck to all the entrants .
        I hope you enjoy this short video I call, 8 Pictures:

Royalty free music "Long Note Two" by Kevin MacLeod

Comment

Deadline Extended...

Originally posted by understanding View Post
          Hi Charles Sisook,

When may that day come?

Hahahaa! Indeed. There is no 31st of September, and hence that day will never come. I hereby announce that our video contest shall continue with a new deadline on a day that actually exists.

The judges will review the videos that we have received thus far, and those will be eligible for more prizes from our Instructors.

Stay tuned.

Yours,

Charles
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

D'wit Zen-Fully Alive Style

Dear Wahnam Family,

We would like to submit this video, should it be allowed, according to the rules and dates in question. If not, we would like to offer it to you for a few minutes reflection. It could, quite possibly, be the most powerful, insightful and needed system, yet taught, inside or outside of our school. You will see Sifu, in this video, telling you the way that it is. Because, it is!

It is however quite ironic, that the reason it is late is because of a technical problem getting the video done. Thus is life, that technology can indeed stop things being done, when it's job might be to make thing more efficient! Alas! I'm also having an issue getting the video to show on this thread (uploaded to Vimeo. Any help welcome)

https://vimeo.com/185193726

[video=https://vimeo.com/185193726[/video]
            Last edited by Tim; 3 October 2016, 07:25 PM. Reason: Can't get video to show on post
            Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
            A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Managed to load the link so it's showing now.

With metta,

Barry

Profile at Capio Nightingale Hospital London Click here
              Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chuan in the UK Fully Alive
              Fully Alive on Facebook Fully Alive
              UK Summer Camp 2017 Click here for details
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Dear Wahnam Family,

We would like to submit this video, should it be allowed, according to the rules and dates in question.
                Yes. I am happy to say the deadline has been extended. The end of November seems reasonable...

Yrs.

Chas.
                Charles David Chalmers
                Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Originally posted by Charles David View Post
                  Yes. I am happy to say the deadline has been extended. The end of November seems reasonable...

Yrs.

Chas.
                  That's great news!
                  Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                  Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Neat videos thus far! I'm glad for the contest extension myself. If I had to throw my vote down for something thus far, it'd definitely be Santiago's ode to Charlie Chaplin Chi Kung.

Decided to go with my "first love" of kung fu, a demonstration of Tantui.

Have a great week, folks!

Sincerely with Shaolin salute,
                    -Fred.
                    I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Three Mile Hike
                      To the peak
                      and back
                      The Cosmos
                      It came so close

Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

One Leprechaun Shooting Zen

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I am very happy to present you the next video. It is very basic as I don't have any experience in clay animation but I made it with the most important ingredient: LOVE :-)

As you know, Ireland is one of my homes and dearest to me. I wanted to dedicate this video to the Shaolin Wahnam Irish family for always offering me so much love and help because that love and help saved me.

Please enjoy!

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Hello Wahnam Family!
                          I've been lurking on the site for a while and decided it was time to post!
                          Firstly, it was wonderful to meet some of you and to be part of Sifu Wong Chun Yian's wedding course and celebration one year ago! My sincerest thanks to Sifu.
                          Secondly, I would like to make a couple contributions to the video contest. The first is a 'process piece' that I completed during my film program. The purpose was document a long process/sequence of events and cut it into a 2:30 min final product. I chose to follow the process of making, cooking, serving, and enjoying perogy dinners. It is called "Perogy Train"

Comment

Dear Wahnam Family,
                            My second video (link below) is the story of my talented friend Nigel, who participated in a 122km bicycle race called the Gran Fondo... on a unicycle!

A circus performer dares to do the impossible - compete in The GranFondo cycling race from Vancouver to Whistler, a distance of 122 km ...on a unicycle. Vancouver…

Good luck to all and thank you for the contest opportunity!

Sincerely,

Jo

Comment

Another submission (if it qualifies):

Most of you have seen it, but some of you may have not.

I had access to more time and better software to make this one (as compared to my earlier entry).

Enjoy
                              Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                              Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                              Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                              - ancient wisdom

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I met surprising technical challenges while making this video, so I'm glad that I did indeed submit it on the very last seconds of November. Unfortunately, the tool I used wasn't quite as good as I had hoped for.

It's entirely possible that I make a more polished director's cut of Smart Alex's movie premiere if there is substantial success or interest in seeing the complete vision.

Thanks again for my rivals, let the best video win!

With sincere respect,
                                Olli
                                Last edited by understanding; 30 November 2016, 09:14 PM. Reason: Let's see if this works as an embedding!

Comment

Working...
                                X