Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Contest--The Gold Medal Winner Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a long-distance collaboration from my Sisook Mark Blohm, cameraman David Blohm and myself. I asked Mark to film a kung fu set while on the East Coast of North America from several angles and to send me the raw footage here on the West Coast. Here is the result!

Ho Family Flowing Water Staff

Thanks to Mark for agreeing to a project about which I originally gave him basically no information.

Andrew
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

The Shaolin Wahnam Logo (Weapons)

Hi everyone,

Some very nice videos have been sent in already!

I finally finished the production of my entry to the competition.

The video is based on “The Shaolin Wahnam Logo” and “Questions and Answers on Kung Fu Weapons” by our grandmaster.

It is dedicated to Sifu and all the past masters.

I hope you enjoy.

The video already has English and German captions included on YouTube. If someone would like to supply translations in other languages, please contact me and I will add them too.

Best wishes,

Leo
      Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Gladly received, Leo and Andrew!
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Gladly received!
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Oh yes, Leo, oh yes.

Was that made in Powerpoint or a video editor?

- St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
              Oh yes, Leo, oh yes.

Was that made in Powerpoint or a video editor?
              Thanks for your kind words, Andrew!

I also liked your collaboration with Mark very much.

I used Photoshop to prepare the graphics and Magix Video Deluxe to put everything together. I don't think PowerPoint would be sufficient to realize such a project.

Best wishes,

Leo
              Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Shaolin View Post
                Hi everyone,

Some very nice videos have been sent in already!

I finally finished the production of my entry to the competition.

The video is based on “The Shaolin Wahnam Logo” and “Questions and Answers on Kung Fu Weapons” by our grandmaster.

It is dedicated to Sifu and all the past masters.

I hope you enjoy.
                Amazing video dear Sidai. Thank you for taking the time to make it. Not only your video editing skills are impressive but also the clarity showed when explaining the significance of our beloved logo! Simple, direct and effective. :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Never doubt the Powerpoint! Surprisingly, one company I briefly worked for used it to make training videos for many other companies.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Given the popularity and joy seen in the "Silly Questions" thread, it may be worth mentioning that

Silly Videos are most certainly allowed. ( I recall one of Santi's being quite silly indeed)

Andrew, I'm still waiting for your mango sticky rice video...

Yours,

Charles
                    Charles David Chalmers
                    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Mangos Indeed

Andrew, I'm still waiting for your mango sticky rice video...
                      Well, give the people what they want! I intended to make a new video for this contest but circumstances haven't permitted. So, we'll just have to settle for an older "project".

Ode to Mango Sticky Rice (and poor vocal intonation)

- St. Augustine

Comment

Andrew,

You actually had a mango sticky rice video on hand?! Well that is commitment.

Bon Appetit, Everyone!

Charles
                        Charles David Chalmers
                        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Shaolin Family,
                          This past August I went on a subalpine hike in Manning Park, a beautiful part of British Columbia, Canada. Allow me to share some of the experience with you in this video: A Day's Journey

Music by Land of Talk.

Comment

You actually had a mango sticky rice video on hand?!
                            Doesn't everyone?

- St. Augustine

Comment

Submission 1: MORTAL KOMBAT! (Epic Edition)

https://www.facebook.com/10000982998...81/?permPage=1

Video created from the class grading of the Prince of Songkla University, Bachelor of Business Administration Chinese Martial Arts Course.

The students were given the challenge to perform a Set, as well as a Push Hands and Partner Sequence Sparring demonstration. They had to do it from memory (no videos were provided) and were randomly assigned Push Hands and Sequences on the grading day.

I didn't correct the students as it was a grading -- you may notice some errors, especially in the Sets, which would lead to injury if performed over time.

If you have any critical comments please leave them on this thread and not the FB page, as I prefer to build the student's confidence at this stage. Given the grading challenge they were assigned, I think they did very well

Copyright free music.

Submission 2: MORTAL KOMBAT -- OUTTAKES

https://www.facebook.com/10000982998...type=2&theater

A behind the scenes look at the making of "MORTAL KOMBAT"!

I don't have the copyright for the music for this one.
                              Last edited by Andy; 30 September 2016, 02:59 AM.
                              Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                              Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                              Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                              - ancient wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Charles David View Post
                                Entries: until September 31st
                                Hi Charles Sisook,

When may that day come?

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Submission 1: MORTAL KOMBAT! (Epic Edition)

Video created from the class grading of the Prince of Songkla University, Bachelor of Business Administration Chinese Martial Arts Course.

The students were given the challenge to perform a Set, as well as a Push Hands and Partner Sequence Sparring demonstration. They had to do it from memory (no videos were provided) and were randomly assigned Push Hands and Sequences on the grading day.

I didn't correct the students as it was a grading -- you may notice some errors, especially in the Sets, which would lead to injury if performed over time.

If you have any critical comments please leave them on this thread and not the FB page, as I prefer to build the student's confidence at this stage. Given the grading challenge they were assigned, I think they did very well

Copyright free music.

Submission 2: MORTAL KOMBAT -- OUTTAKES

312 views, 24 likes, 1 loves, 6 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Andy Cusick: Mortal Kombat -- Outtakes!

A behind the scenes look at the making of "MORTAL KOMBAT"!

I don't have the copyright for the music for this one.
                                Hi there Andy Sisook!

I would've wanted to get a view of all your three submissions so far, but unfortunately they are inaccessible behind Facebook.

With sincere respect,
                                Olli

Comment

Working...
                                X