Chi Kung and Pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Kung and Pregnancy?

Hello all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week thus far!

I have two questions, pertaining to my partner for once she gives birth to our daughter (due date is in five weeks):

How soon after is she able to begin safely practising Chi Kung?

Can Chi Kung affect (positive or negative) the quality of breast milk?

We are hoping to begin learning under Master Wong Kuan-Yew, of Adelaide SA (Australia).

Thank-you for any responses,
    Eric.
    "A journey enjoyed does not rely on a destination".

Congratulations on the pending birth. May your child, your partner and you be healthy and happy.

As you are planning to learn from a Master of another school and system, it is best to ask those questions of him.

If you were learning from Shaolin Wahnam, these would be my answers:
    How soon after is she able to begin safely practising Chi Kung?
    As a beginner, I would wait about 4-6 weeks before commencing and would keep the level relatively low to begin with. Whilst it is probably safe to begin much sooner, there is some possibility that the increased flow may make her feel drained initially. This would not be ideal, I think.

Can Chi Kung affect (positive or negative) the quality of breast milk?
    Absolutely. As Chi Kung helps to improve the natural function of the body, the milk quality would normally be positively influenced. Any cleansing that would occur as a result of Chi Kung practice would (as it is natural) not result in a reduction in milk quality.

As I mentioned above, though, please ask your chosen teacher for his opinions.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Hello Sifu Andrew.

Thank-you for your kind words and for sharing your knowledge; I will do as you suggested.

Wishing you the best,
      Eric.
      "A journey enjoyed does not rely on a destination".

Comment

Working...
      X