10 Questions on the Special Chi Kung Course for VIPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Santi!!

You are welcome!!! I am so happy, we can have a wonderful course with in China preceded by a very interesting Q&A

I would like to ask the last question

Dear Sigung,

in our School we have a huge variety of Chi Kung exercises, where each is somehow same (inducing chi flow) and somehow different (bringing specific benefits). Out of all the exercises "Lifting the Sky", to my knowledge, is the most widely practiced among all levels of practitioners from beginners to advanced ones. It is something a German speaker would call "Universalspezifikum", a word which is used in medical context and signifies a "universally specific" (or "one cure all") remedy.

While Lifting the Sky magically benefits everyone, I wonder whether it can and how it can benefit every VIP?
    Furthermore is there a Chi Kung exercise that will provide VIPs better results?
    And if we Lifting the Sky was compared with Separating Water, Pushing Mountains, Small Universe, Lifting Water and Iron Wire, which one would be most suitable for what kind of VIPs (namely CEOs, Actors, Top Sportsmen and Politicians)?

And finally, why is Lifting the Sky considered to be the best and the most widely practiced Chi Kung exercise?

With kind regards,
    Anton.
    Last edited by Anton S.; 15 September 2016, 07:44 PM.
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Hey Anton,
      Thanks for managing this thread

Peace

Mark
      Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Dear Sisook,

I am glad you are enjoying it!

Here comes the next Q&A:

Greetings from China

Anton

Question 9

VIPs are also usually VBPs (very busy persons) and time constraint may be a problem in their daily life.

So VBPs practicing our Shaolin Arts may need to decrease the quantity of practice time below the norm in our school. The current recommended daily chi kung practice duration in our school is 10 minutes ).

Personally, over the years, I’ve been able to reduce daily chi kung and kungfu practice time from 15 and 30 minutes to 2-3 minutes and 5 minutes respectively (a 6-fold time reduction) and still reap equal benefits by increasing practice quality, doing informal chi kung while going about daily work and using short kungfu sets, eg San Zhan, Dragon in Zen. This strategy prevents overtraining.

Is it advisable for VBPs to modify standard practice duration, perhaps as ad hoc methods but not regularly? Or are there any other ways to get the same benefits but in less time? Or just keep the standard time and delegate time-consuming responsibilities to LIPs (“less” important people ) ?

Dr Damian Kissey

Answer

Yes, VUPs, i.e. very important persons, are also VBPs, or very busy persons. Time constraint is a problem in their daily life.

Our chi kung is excellent. It solves their problem of time constraint, gives them good health, vitality and longevity, enables them to attain peak performance, and give them spiritual joys like being peaceful and happy for themselves and for others. It is, to most people, simply too good to be true. It is incredible that it takes only 10 minutes a day to practice our chi kung to get all these benefits.

What we need to do is to make our chi kung accessible to deserving VIPs, who are also VBPs. There are, however, a few difficulties.

Chi kung is so ridiculously debased today that it ceases to be chi kung. At best it is gentle physical exercise. VIPs are not only not interested in gentle physical exercise, they also have a low opinion of what they consider chi kung to be.

Secondly, we do not want to hurt the sensitivities of other chi kung practitioners who actually practice gentle physical exercise.

Thirdly, we are restricted by laws, like in most countries we are prevented to publicize the wonderful benefits of genuine chi kung in curing so-called incurable illness.

Fourthly, and this reason applies to me personally, I am not keen to teach VIPs. Although I always teach from the position of strength, there is certain protocol to follow when teaching VIPs. I would prefer drinking tea with Damian and other Shaolin Wahnam members, some of whom are also VIPs.

Damian is a very high-level chi kung and kungfu practitioner. So it is easy for him to practice just 2-3 minutes of chi kung, and 5 minutes of kungfu to have good health, vitality, longevity, mental freshness, peak performance, and spiritual joys.

He can also practice chi kung informally while doing his daily work, like being relaxed (while most other people are stressful especially when performing important tasks), letting his chi flow spontaneously (while many others unconsciously sustain blockage), and performing his work with joy and zest (while others are weary of their work).

The kungfu sets chosen by Damian, like San Zhen and Dragon in Zen, are excellent not only in time saying, but also in getting all the wonderful benefits that kungfu training will give. While many other kungfu practitioners perform these sets at a physical level, Damian does so as triple-cultivation, i.e. cultivating the body, the energy and the spirit. While many other practitioners may not know the combat application of these sets, Damian can use them to handle any attack!

(Part 2 follows)

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

second part

(Continued from Part 1)

Nevertheless, any chi kung student and any kungfu student in our school can have all these wonderful benefits of chi kung and kungfu, though not at the same high level as Damian’s, if they respectively spend just 10 minutes and 30 minutes of practice daily. On top of it all, they enjoy their practice.

It is also important to bear in mind that if any student has attended a regional course or an intensive course with me, he (or she) should aim at only 30% of what they attained at the course, and not to get the best they can from their practice, in their 10 minutes or 30 minutes of daily practice.

The same situation applies to VIPs or VBPs who will attend my future courses. They need not modify their practice duration as an ad hoc method or as regular practice.

I would like to add that this procedure of practicing for only 10 minutes in chi kung, or 30 minutes in kungfu, and aiming at 30% of what they get at my courses, is not a standard procedure. A standard procedure, whether in chi kung or kungfu, is to practice outward forms for about an hour.

As we always aim for the best, this procedure is the best for our school. There may be some exceptions, like Damian, who practices for only 2-3 minutes in chi kung, or 5 minutes in kungfu.

There are no other ways to get the same benefits in less time. If there were a better way, we would have used it.

In other words, if a Shaolin Wahnam family member practice for about 10 minutes in chi kung, or about 30 minutes in kungfu, and aim at 30%, he (or she) will get the best results. If he practice for 10 minutes in chi kung but aim at 100%, he may over-train. If he practices for 30 minutes in chi kung but aim at 30%, he may also over-train.

If a Shaolin Wahnam family member was used to practicing for 30 minutes in the past, and now he has to practice for only 10 minutes to get the best benefits, what is he going to do for the other 20 minutes? He can do whatever wholesome thing he likes. This is one of many reasons why our family members don’t complain of not having enough time.

For VIPs who are also VBPs who have learned from us, practicing for 10 minutes in chi kung or 30 minutes in kungfu, is our standard procedure. For them, delegating time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons, is another issue. Because they spend less time in their practice and obtain more benefits, they have more time in time-consuming responsibilities, and they enjoy doing them. But, if they like, they can also delegate these time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons.

For other VIPs who are also VBPs who have not learned from us, delegating their time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons, is also another issue, but with different results. Maintaining their one hour of standard practice and delegate time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons is a viable solution. If they like, they may cut down the time of their standard practice and perform the time-consuming responsibilities themselves.

Our chi kung is excellent for VIPs who are also VBPs. It gives them unbelievable benefits in an unbelievable short time. The VIP Chi Kung Course in China is an attempt in this direction in providing this opportunity. But it is the policy of our school to teach only deserving students.

<End>

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
            Personally , over the years , I’ve been able to reduce daily chi kung and kungfu practise time from 15 and 30 minutes to 2-3 minutes and 5 minutes respectively ( a 6-fold time reduction ) and still reap equal benefits by increasing practise quality ( ie maximize 6 harmonies ) , doing informal chi kung while going about daily work and using short kungfu sets ( eg San Zhan , Dragon in Zen )…..this strategy incidentally also prevents the potential problem of overtraining where Sifu has advised students to reduce quantity of practice time and/or decrease quality of practice .
            It was fantastic to read this from Dr Damian and also Sifu's endorsement of this method and the results achieved!

Comment

Dear Sigung,

thank you for kindly teaching the fantastic courses at Er Long Shan, China!
              I am grateful for your wise answer!

With best regards,
              Anton

Question 10

in our School we have a huge variety of Chi Kung exercises, where each is somehow same (inducing chi flow) and somehow different (bringing specific benefits). Out of all the exercises "Lifting the Sky", to my knowledge, is the most widely practiced among all levels of practitioners from beginners to advanced ones. It is something a German speaker would call "Universalspezifikum", a word which is used in medical context and signifies a "universally specific" (or "one cure all") remedy.

While Lifting the Sky magically benefits everyone, I wonder whether it can and how it can benefit every VIP?
              Furthermore is there a Chi Kung exercise that will provide VIPs better results?
              And if we Lifting the Sky was compared with Separating Water, Pushing Mountains, Small Universe, Lifting Water and Iron Wire, which one would be most suitable for what kind of VIPs (namely CEOs, Actors, Top Sportsmen and Politicians)?

And finally, why is Lifting the Sky considered to be the best and the most widely practiced Chi Kung exercise?

Sifu Anton Schmick.

Answer

“Lifting the Sky” is the wondrous chi kung exercise. It is the chi kung exercise that I practice the most. The kungfu exercise that I practice the most is “One-Finger Shooting Zen”.

It is incredible that we have a wide range of chi kung exercises as well as kungfu types. No one has done an official estimate, but I think our school probably has the widest spread of choice in both chi kung and kiungfu. In chi kung, besides the Eighteen Lohan Hands which forms the basis of our training, our chi kung exercises range from those of Eighteen-Lohan Art to Five-Animal Play. In kungfu, besides our fundamental Shaolin Kungfu and Taijiquan, we have kungfu types that range from Baguazhang to Eagle Claw. Most schools have only one type of chi kung or kungfu, like Soaring Crane or Wing Choon.

“Lifting the Sky” is the most widely practiced chi kung exercise among both beginners and masters in our school. But, due to their difference in skills, their attainment and benefit from “Lifting the Sky” are different. It is "Universalspezifikum" in chi kung. A skillful practitioner can use the exercise for the lowest attainment, like to be relaxed, to the highest, like merging with the Cosmos.

“Lifting the Sky” certainly can benefit every VIP. Irrespectively of whether what category of VIPs, like CEOs, actors, sportsmen, politicians, businessmen, and professionals, “Lifting the Sky” serve all their needs and aspiration well. Due to their different nature and requirements, some other chi kung exercises may separately give them better results. This, of course, does not mean that “Lifting the Sky” will not give them good results in all their needs and aspirations.

(Part 2 follows)

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

and the grande finale part or what you always wanted to know about "Lifting the Sky"

(Continued from Part 1)

Leaving aside the different nature and developmental stage of each VIP in the same category, and considering the major quality required for the category, here is a brief list showing the category, the major quality and the most suitable chi kung exercise.

CEOs, decision-making, simple sitting meditation for mental clarity.
                Actors, spiritual (but not religious) joys, “Separating Water” for generosity.
                Sportsmen, relaxation, “Lifting the Sky” for being relaxed.
                Politicians, integrity, “Flicking Fingers” for morality.
                Businessmen, mental clarity, simple sitting meditation for mental clarity.
                Professionals, energy, “Flicking Fingers” for internal force.

Generally speaking, “Lifting the Sky: is the most beneficial exercise for those who begin to use VIP chi kung in their work and life, and “Flicking Fingers” for the advanced practitioners.

Here is a brief description between “Lifting the Sky” and other chi kung exercises for VIPs

“Lifting the Sky” is excellent for general energy flow; “Separating Water” is excellent for opening the heart; “Pushing Mountains” for internal force and vitality; “Small Universe” for good luck; “Lifting Water” for internal force and vitality; “Iron Wire” (which must be done correctly) for internal force and vitality.

For many people, “Lifting the Sky” is the best and most widely practiced chi kung exercise. The following are the reasons:

“Lifting the Sky” is simple to perform, but the benefits are many and varied. The benefits range from the most basic, like being relaxed to having vitality to the highest attainment of expanding to the Cosmos. Everyone can get some benefits according to his developmental stage.

The benefits come quickly. It takes only a few weeks, for those lucky enough to practice genuine chi kung, to attain basic benefits, like being relaxed and freed of all irrelevant thoughts. Other exercises, like “Shooting Arrows” and “Rhinoceros Looking at Moon” in our school, and “Swinging Arms” and “Slapping Body” in other schools, may take months.

Even when “Lifting the Sky” is performed as gentle physical exercise, as many people do without their realization, basic benefits like being relaxed and freed from all irrelevant thoughts, come quite quickly.

Another great advantage, especially for people who may not have the good luck of learning from competent teachers, is that even when practitioners make mistakes in performing “Lifting the Sky”, the mistakes are usually not serious. These practitioners need not perform any remedial exercise. Their daily activities will erase the harm of their mistakes.

“Lifting the Sky” is a treasure for all chi kung practitioners, irrespective of whether they are VIPs.

<End>

<All 10 questions answered.>

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

Working...
                X