Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 6 months of practicing the Art of Flexibility

Dear Family,

After reading my testimonial about my first Six Months of Zhan Zhuang practice, Sigung kindly advised me to practice also the Art of Flexiblity on a regular basis in order to be agile and flexible in my Kung Fu. Well here are the results in pictures, as a picture is worth a thousand words. It is amazing how such a simple advice can bring so much benefits if one just follow the advice and train regularly.

Dear Sigung,

Thanks for your wise and kindly guidance, for taking the time to write me as well as for taking care of all the family members. You are an inspiracion for us.

20160523_174723.jpg
    20160523_174819.jpg
    2016-05-26.jpg
    20160523_174220.jpg
    ^3F64AE0BA285982EE1D48DFCE044CBCF6AEED8F52764B030C7^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Greetings to all of you
    Davy
    Last edited by Davy; 26 May 2016, 07:44 AM.

Dear Davy,

thank you very much for sharing. Wow, that’s cool…and inspiring. The last two-three weeks I funnily had the idea coming up to round up my training with ‘flexibility exercises’…your post comes quite as an inspiration therefore.

Thank you again and enjoy the further practice,

With Shaolin Salute,
    Lol,
    Michael

Comment

Great! Inspiring!
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Wow that's amazing!.

In my case after horse stance i just do normal stretches and since i do it every day, i've noticed a great improvement in my flexibility (almost three months doing it). The question is how much could i improve if i practise 'The Art of Flexibility' instead of normal stretches. I don't do The Art of Flexibility mainly because i haven't been taught in this exercises.

If somebody can tell from his/her own experience the difference (there has to be a nice gap) i would appreciate it.

Comment

Excellent and inspiring dedication!

Thanks for sharing
          Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
          Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
          Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
          - ancient wisdom

Comment

Awesome
            George / Юра
            Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

6 months of beard growing as well

Good job Davy...

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Wow

Hi Davy,

That is crazy progress in 6 months! Did you practice anything in addition to the Art of Flexibility ? I thought it worked more on suppleness and ease of movement more than static flexibility, but my experiences have been limited.

Thank you for sharing, its very inspiring to see. The photos say a lot as well.

With Shaolin salute and all the best,
                -Chris

Comment

Thank you posting your inspiring experience with the Art of Flexibility!

Many wonder wheather they should do something in addition to the chi kung flexibility exercises, but from my own experience in doing them daily for years now, there really is no need.
                  As a former dancer I was already quite flexible when I started kungfu, and now I'm maintaining that level simply by doing the Art of Flexibility every morning. It's simply amazing how wonderful those exercises are, not just in adding and maintaining flexibility, but in giving other benefits as well: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Happy practice!

Nessa
                  Nessa Kahila
                  Shaolin Nordic Finland
                  Instructor
                  nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments

Thank you all for the nice comments.

As I don't have much time for the moment I will answer as much as possible at once.

Hi MichaelS,

The last two-three weeks I funnily had the idea coming up to round up my training with ‘flexibility exercises
                    You should try it.

Hi Eduu,
                    I don't do The Art of Flexibility mainly because i haven't been taught in this exercises.
                    I am just a student and not an instructor, so I would prefer not to make any comment on the practice of someone else (I'm not authorized to do it anyway). It is better to ask your Sifu about the Art of Flexibility. She will have the best answer to clarify the things for you.

Hi CSwacha,
                    Did you practice anything in addition to the Art of Flexibility?
                    I'm training since more than a year mainly Zhan Zhuang and One Finger Shooting Zen and since 6 months the Art of Flexibility. First I trained Holding a Ball, but I changed 3 moths ago to Golden Bridge.

Dear Nessa,
                    Originally posted by Nessa View Post
                    Many wonder wheather they should do something in addition to the chi kung flexibility exercises, but from my own experience in doing them daily for years now, there really is no need.

It's simply amazing how wonderful those exercises are, not just in adding and maintaining flexibility, but in giving other benefits as well: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
                    Indeed, we don't need to do anything else but the excercises.

In my own experience I can say that the flexibility gained is not the most important benefit of the practice. As you very precisely said, we work on other levels as well. I personally can feel how the Art of Flexibility helped me not just to lose the muscles but also cleans me emotionally and give me mental clarity. These benefits are by far more valuable than just being flexible.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you

Hi Davy,

Thank you for answering my question. I've met people that use more "conventional" stretching practices and don't get results like that in 6 months. Your results are quite remarkable. I look forward to when I can dive into the art of flexibility and practice it diligently.

With Shaolin salute,
                      -Chris

Comment

Dear Davy,

That's terrific! I wish that by the the end of the year I can be as flexible as you have become. Consistent practice and its benefits!

With sincere respect,
                        Olli

Comment

Thanks Davy, I'll ask my Sifu, that's always the best choice

Comment

Excellent method, excellent teacher, excellent student!
                            Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Comment

Working...
                              X