Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular Prayer Circle

Dear Family and guests,

Recent events around the world and some personal experiences on top of that have made me certain that prayer is a powerful force for benefitting the mankind. We can directly use the power of sincere prayer to not only train ourselves, but to enrich the spiritual wellbeing of all. Is there interest around here in making this a bit more communal experience?

We can pray for health, success, enlightenment, and peace. We can pray for hospitable natural events and quick and beneficial resolutions to conflicts. We can pray for all beings: men, animals, ghosts, and gods.

I think we should do all that and maybe even some more. Maybe some of you already are engaging in prayers regularly, but I'm now hoping that we could agree to have a weekly quarter hour in which everyone willing participated. We live far apart from each other and our schedules vary, so the idea is that we dedicate our prayers made anytime during the week to manifest in unison at certain preset time. Taking inspiration from the Buddhist use of lunar calendar, how about every major quartile of Moon's phase at their peak: full, new, and the two halves? It is certain that as a crowd our appeals carry more weight and consistently repeated prayer formulas produce the best result.

I'm quite certain that praying in a Chi Kung/Zen state of mind is a prerequisite for efficient prayers and I can think of a few good things to pray for, but my inexperience could limit the usefulness of the practice. Are there any experienced seniors wanting to take charge and show the way?

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Beatiful! I am all in regardless how formal or informal it may be.
    50.00%
    Count me in, although I feel some things need to be planned better and done correctly.
    50.00%
    Nice idea, but I have big reservations of how it works in practice.
    0.00%
    Weird, cultish, uninteresting, or unmotivating. Count me out.
    0.00%
Working...
X