• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ryan,

Welcome back!

To quote myself, from earlier in this thread -

Originally posted by Matt F. View Post
    One thing that is important to remember is that this forum is an extension of the Shaolin Wahnam school, and not just a random forum for discussion of Chi Kung and martial arts. Therefore, any comments/suggestions you receive from Shaolin Wahnam instructors will be biased toward a specific point of view on what is correct, safe, effective, etc. We all have direct experience with Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung, and have found it to be very effective. Also, as instructors (on a forum that exists to serve the international Shaolin Wahnam community) it is important for our students, and anyone interested in the Chi Kung that we teach, that we make a point to distinguish between our method and other methods. It helps avoid any confusion, and keeps our students on the correct path (as per the Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung method).

Any advice, suggestion, etc that you receive from an instructor on this forum is coming from the perspective of what is correct, safe, and effective for Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung. You may be perfectly on track for what another method considers correct, safe, and effective. But we have direct experience of our method, and know it works. And from the perspective of our method, there are several things that you seem to be doing that could be cause for concern. So, any suggestions, corrections, or words of caution from instructors is not to say that you are "wrong" but to offer advice to make your practice safe and effective (from the perspective of our method, that we have experienced to be both safe and very effective).
    But I'm glad that it seems we have arrived at your main point of discussion -
    The overriding message was that there is an apparent coordination, possibly at the level of the subconscious, where the brain uses induced chi flow, to coordinate specific movements of the body, towards targeted areas of illness or pain.
    To this specific point, you are correct - I am quite ignorant of, and have never experienced, exactly this. It's not in line with the theory and/or experience of the Chi Kung practice we teach in Shaolin Wahnam. Since finding Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung, I have not needed/wanted to search out any additional methods. It's been so good, effective, and enjoyable that looking for something else seems silly to me.

It's a shame that, in your own ignorance of the Chi Kung we teach/practice, you have decided that our method is of such a low level that you think you could teach it to your cat. For a bit of perspective - you reported having some success with self-healing using your method that takes nearly 30 minutes/session. Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung has many successful reports of healing using sessions that take 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure what makes you think healing in 1/3 to 1/2 of the time is inferior, but you are entitled to form your own opinion.

Despite the differences in our chosen methods, I wish you all the best, and sincerely hope that you experience the levels of healing that you desire. We are clearly on different paths. I hope you are able to find your destination of health and happiness, without too many detours along the way.

-Matt

Comment

Ready to Teach Cats/Please Do

Originally posted by jeffnayr View Post
      I believe that I can train my cat to induce its chi in less than two days, if its mind is open to listening.

---Ryan Joel Jeffrey
      You have given us something very interesting to consider: I expected that the issue of you teaching your chi kung discoveries would crop up quite soon, but I never expected this. I think it is a very apt proposal, and in line with most experiments in which one first tests out procedures on animals.

Please DO teach your cat chi kung, and then please DO send us another video. Even if you don't succeed, I am still very curious. I doubt any of us would be able to understand what you are doing, but perhaps you could do your best to explain.

Perhaps if you are successful with your cat, you could move on to dogs and then chimpanzees?

cattaichi.jpg catkung.jpg cattemple.jpeg
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Ironic humour aside,

Ryan, you have already confided in us that you have been diagnosed with cancer. Your forum posts strongly suggest that you are also mentally unwell. It would be best if you just stopped the "chi kung" you are doing and sought help. Trying to continue to practice on your own, as you have been, is unwise

If you really do insist on continuing to practice from our sifu's books, please do reread them and try to follow the directions more carefully. Don't try and mix up the chi kung you have learned from different books. Stick to a single system.

Also, please don't try to teach your cat. I was only joking about that.

Yours,

Sifu Charles
        Last edited by Charles David; 24 March 2016, 02:04 PM.
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Enjoy the Benefits of Correct Practice

In addition to the absurd (yet disturbing) suggestion that you could teach your cat chi kung, is the preposterous fact that you accuse us of being ignorant--among other baseless insults.

We have hundreds of hours of direct chi kung instruction, supervision and correction from a world renowned chi kung grandmaster, as well as thousands of hours of correct practice, and the wonderful benefits that come from proper learning and practice. You have read some books, and practiced incorrectly for some months, and yet somehow (it boggles the mind really) somehow you have the temerity to suggest we are ignorant, and that you know better than us.

Far from being ignorant, we can see what is going on with you: you are not relaxed, you are not smiling, your energy is not flowing freely, you are intellectualizing your practice, you are trying to be smarter than the masters, you are fixating on an experience; your practice is not bringing you mental clarity, nor spiritual joys, rather you are confused and scornful. All evidence points to this fact: your chi kung is rubbish. And yet, you talk about teaching others. Your hubris is astounding.

We have helped a lot of people, Ryan, but we cannot help you.

You want to journey from point A, to point B. We suggest you hop in a Porsche. You insist that you want to make your own car. While others have taken our advice, jumped in a Mercedes and gotten to their destination, you implore us to come and check out your homemade contraption which barely rolls. The fact that the trip you want to make is to overcome cancer makes it even more odd that you would rather tinker and fiddle than do things properly. For your sake, let me implore you: go find a good teacher.

As Sifu Matt says, we wish you all the best.

Yours,

Sifu Charles
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Would you rather have a world-class top surgeon with many proven credentials and results perform an emergency surgery on your mother?

Or

Would you rather have someone who has only read about surgery techniques from a book perform an emergency surgery on your mother?

With Shaolin Salute,
            Lee Wei Joo
            http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Would you rather have someone who has only read about surgery techniques from a book perform an emergency surgery on your mother?
              To be fair, the surgeon would practice first on his cat.
              Charles David Chalmers
              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
              X