Remembering Sifu's words on not Overtraining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Emiko Sije,

Thank you so much, once again, for offering such a profoundly deep insight into your experiences with Sifu’s teachings!

For me, it is apparent that the space of chi that Sifu lives in, and therefore the space of chi that he creates for us to train in when we attend one of his courses, is not from part of this so-called 'normal', dualistic world.
    This is a truly incredible concept and one that I will most certainly take the time to reflect upon and appreciate the next time I’m afforded the immense privilege to participate in one of Sifu’s courses.

In my own training, I hold on to Sifu's teaching of 'Smile from the Heart' as my key to re-enter that amazing space of chi that Sifu provides and lives in. I stand at the very beginning and deeply smile from the heart, and then, without hesitation, distraction, or complication, I just begin to train. I train with full confidence in the transmission that my Sifu has given me. I let zero doubts or thoughts of worry enter in. Why? Because this space of chi that Sifu let me first taste and receive is so precious. It is worth more than all the money in the world. It is worth more than all the reputation, status, accolades and material successes in the world. That space of chi is the new reality that I want to live in. That world of child-like wonder and 'smile from the heart' is the world I choose to be in.
    I was deeply moved upon reading this and have – as Paul duly noted was well worth doing – re-read it several times. It reminds me that the profound transmission of ‘Smile from the Heart’ is not at all a metaphorical concept but an unfathomably powerful key or ‘entry point’ to accessing and gradually assimilating the best possible results from our training - among many, many other things. For me, it’s both a great comfort and an honour to know that not only is this space safe and full of endless potential and possibilities, but that I’ve been afforded such a truly wonderful blessing compels me to want to grow and understand these gifts more and more.

I am proud of the fact that there is something that I can contribute to the training, and that is that I can be the one in charge of my heart-mind so that I will not allow doubts or fears or worries, and especially the idle words of others, to enter my heart and my training space. I can be confident that this is the way that I can be a good student. I will give the best of myself to each session of training, to each day of living.
    Thank you, Sije, for such truly inspiring words and for setting such a wonderful example for the rest of us to follow. I’m immensely grateful to train these precious arts and look forward to uncovering the unique ways in which they can continue to allow me to grow and be the best person I can possibly be.

With gratitude and respect,

Craig

Comment

Working...
    X