Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction to Shaolin Kungfu (Revised Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction to Shaolin Kungfu (Revised Edition)

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family members,

I'm pleased to announce that the first kungfu book by Sifu which first published 35 years ago (in 1981) has been revised and the revised edition is expected to be available around April or May this year.

In fact, many students ask me how they can get this book before. Unfortunately, this book is totally out of print in the market for many years and it is hard to buy this book. Even you get, most of it is a second-hand book.

To preserve its originality but present the information in a better way, I make the decision to retain all the old pictures in the book after discuss with Sifu. Thus, you can see all the pictures show Sifu in his younger days, including the cover. However, I change the entire layout of the book so that the information is presented in a better and clearer way, after getting feedback that the presentation of the information in the old version is a bit mess and confuse.

This year, we plan to publish three books. This is the first one, and the second would be the revised edition for "The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan". For the second book, much materials in the book has been updated. The most obvious will be replacing most of the Tai Chi Chuan styles (24-Pattern, 48-Pattern, Wudang, Chen Style, Yang Style and etc) with the sets that are practise in our school. Thus it will take longer time to complete.

The third, hopefully can be completed in this year, is a totally new book involving a totally new theme. As I mentioned in my another post, Sifu has wrote about kungfu, chi kung, Tai Chi Chuan, Zen, Chinese Medicine, Buddhism and autobiography, what else Sifu will write for the new book? The answer is 36 Strategies.

Attached are pictures of one of the old covers and new cover of Introduction to Shaolin Kungfu.

With Shaolin Salute,
    Chun Yian
    Attached Files
Working...
X