Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Ongoing Journal: the Intersection of Shaolin Arts and Life

Oh No!

~ Cold and Fatigue Strike Again ~

Yesterday evening I started to feel surprisingly tired and odd in throat. Surely enough I have now another cold in short period.

This time it doesn't feel like overcleansing or overtraining related because I feel superb. Instead I might have gotten some autumn wind for brief period or germ somewhere, and that together with my sleeping troubles that have continued are the probably at the root. Anyway, I feel tired enough that I will reduce the time of my training by half approximately.

I wish I knew how to specifically target my sleeping problem because the holistic benefits could be really remarkable. It's hard to believe that I have gotten this far with so little improvement in this. If I had some extra money I would definitely consult Sifu Andrew, but I have already extended all the loan I can and still need to scrape a few hundred more for Essence of Shaolin. Maybe I should sleep on that and see what advice comes to mind next morning?

Today in Helsinki University I was attending a particular lecture and my head kept sinking down towards my chest practically all the time. This is embarrassing. I want to be a good and deserving student (both in university and in Shaolin Wahnam), but how can I show my respect and keep studying when I cannot help such fatigue that I all but pass out? The prospect of employment doesn't look too good either from this perspective. Maybe there is a positive angle to all this, but I am having hard time finding any other than enjoying forced rest.

With sincere respect,
    Olli
    Last edited by understanding; 12th September 2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: about daytime fatigue
    On my way to understanding the greatness of gratitude.
    Thank you Sifu, Sigung, and Past Masters!

Leaving

Dear everyone,

I am no longer a student of this school.

An ongoing overtraining experience since Thursday has been too uncomfortable that I would ever wish to experience anything like that again.

Certainly I am not fit for Shaolin Wahnam teachings. Nevertheless, I am deeply grateful for all the good I have received and learned.

I wish everyone good fortune and blessed journey on your life! Let's still be friends if we meet by some chance.

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Dear friends,

Please do NOT send me any blessings just in case. I am again starting to feel more charged and uncomfortable.

With sincere respect,
    Olli

This is very sad. I liked reading your forum posts.

https://shaolin.org/general-2/cleans...eansing12.html

"No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho

"All great masters have advised that morality should be the basic of spiritual cultivation." - Sigung
    "Morality is the basic of spiritual training, but by itself it is different. Morality may or may not be spiritual." - Sigung

Perhaps eat some ice cream, do just Golden Bridge very low and as physically as you can manage, and some seated meditation as appropriate for your abilities, take a bath and reconsider after that.

Each of those actions help me when I happen to get a huge influx of energy for some reason, like visiting a temple, other sacred place, or have been ignoring one of the divine beings trying to communicate. Other, more temporary solutions include massaging the feet, hugging a tree, or standing barefoot on some clean stone or soil. I must stress the clean part of that statement. Alternatively, put your palms on the ground, and let the excess drain into the earth.