Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Overdue Introduction

Greetings everyone,

I am a 28-year-old man who is studying mathematics at the Helsinki University. My current aim is to finish my bachelor's thesis in the coming summer.

I've had to cope with chronic pain and worsening health for about a decade and half, and despite me being enthusiastic about getting better and resourceful enough to seek alternative treatment when the Western medical science just couldn't deliver the results I wanted, I utterly failed to improve my condition in any other manner except for improving my moral character. Though that is not a bad development, I yearned for a more satisfactory life than what I could realize.

All the other relaxation methods and concentration practices did only produce progressively worsening pain... Imagine that you wanted to destress and feel happier through exercise, prayer, meditation, or just having a decent life, but even after a successful period of happiness all you could end up with was feeling creeping pain corroding you from inside, until your spirit becomes saturated with overwhelming agony. Wow, I sure am glad that it's almost all gone now!

I started my Shaolin Wahnam journey in the late September 2015. After six weeks of practice I could already say that my joints feel quite a lot limber and lighter. There was still lingering pain and fatigue, but pain was now suffused with a soft and soothing sense of happiness.

Around three months of faithful practice I started to feel substantially better, even though I wasn't in the clear yet. I almost deviated from the correct practice when my sour emotions started to resurface for a final shakedown, but luckily I was blessed to have a Sifu who understood what was going on and found the correct words to make me come to my senses. The whole experience was like uncanny mesmerization because of my unconsciousness at how the malpractice started to escalate.

Currently I am immensely enjoying the Eighteen Lohan Art that brought immediate benefits: after completing the Lohan Worships Buddha exercise as qigong, it only took half a minute to experience how the consciousness literally started to brighten as if all the lights in the rooms suddenly gained extra candelas of luminosity. On last friday, after four and half months of practice, after generating a vigorous chi flow via Lifting the Sky and Carrying the Moon I experienced a new level of relief. Also, my fairly new mental routines for gratitude and mercy are having a profound impact in my personality development: it is now much harder to get upset and easy to get over it if something manages to disturb my mood. I am certain now that I have learned the moral cornerstones that were previously missing or neglected in my life.

Currently on the menu: Training under Sigung in the Valentine's Festival in Dublin and beginning Taijiquan next month.

Looking forward to learn more Shaolin skills and arts in the near future! I already have interest in becoming an instructor later, but that's far ahead.

With sincere respect,
    Olli Hartikainen

Welcome, Olli.

Thanks for the introduction.

I'm glad you realize what a treasure we have in our Shaolin Arts. Congratulations on your successes.

Best of luck with your training!

Yours,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Welcome Olli and thanks for your introduction here.

I enjoyed reading your other posts, even if due to other commitments, I haven't responded to all of them. Keep them coming

Greetings from Switzerland
      Andrea
      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Welcome Olli,

What a lovely post and introduction. I am glad you are enjoying and benefitting from your practice on different levels and following your wonderful Sifu's advice.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Dublin next week!

Safe trip and many happy adventures,
        Joan
        Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
        GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
        THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you for your kind words!

Initially I was really heistant about becoming a regular poster and opening up about my person, but my heart has become a lot softer and this forum has a real inviting and harmonic spirit to it that I really enjoy. Hopefully you will also enjoy reading my contributions in the future.

- Olli

Comment

Hei Olli,

and welcome to the discussion forum.

It is great that you have started to share your experience of practicing the Shaolin arts. It will surely bring benefit to you and many others.

Best wishes,

Nessa
            Nessa Kahila
            Shaolin Nordic Finland
            Instructor
            nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Working...
            X