Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World Projecting Out of You

Hi Family,

After six weeks of basic qigong I had a curious experience of my vision emerging from within and emanating without, and while this realization dissipated in about a day, it was soon followed by another experience of my hearing projecting all the sounds of the world. I can assure you that I had habitually observed light and sounds coming from without, but this is no longer the dominating sensation (for the lack of better term).

Now after four and half months I have started to feel the same again, but this time on a much subtler level and more senses involved in unison. I understand that this has to do with the Buddhist concept of mind creating the world, but I'm really wondering about the importance and level of this attainment. How usual are such experiences among you my dear Family members, do they persist for you, and how long did you practice to realize it for the first time?

With sincere respect,
    Olli

Hi Olli,

Your description sounds interesting, though I can't say I've ever experienced that. I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Enjoy your practice.

Yours,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Olli,

I have not personnally experienced that.

But a good guideline for all experiences we get from and while practicing chi kung is: to enjoy the experience but not get too attached to these experiences. Let them be, and let them go. And just enjoy your practice.

Best wishes,

Nessa
      Nessa Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland
      Instructor
      nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Originally posted by understanding View Post
        ....experience of my vision emerging from within and emanating without....
        .....experience of my hearing projecting all the sounds of the world...
        Maybe a language issue, but I do not understand what you mean by either of these phrases. By the way, it is not uncommon to have experiences that are difficult to put into words. Crystallising your thoughts into word form is an excellent exercise for training your mental abilities, though
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Even without mystical experiences we are always projecting the world. If we are facing the world with a smile the world is smiling back to us. Being friendly to others brings friendliness back.
          This is a main point why Sifu's words "Smile from your heart" and "Don't worry" are so precious, beyond any intellectual approach. As it is difficult to always follow these gems, we have to remember them, again and again ...

Kind regards,
          Dorit
          ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
            Maybe a language issue, but I do not understand what you mean by either of these phrases. By the way, it is not uncommon to have experiences that are difficult to put into words. Crystallising your thoughts into word form is an excellent exercise for training your mental abilities, though
            Hi Sipak!

From a purely materialistic viewpoint of Western science, light arrives to the eye and then this observation is neurally transmitted to the brain which somehow conjures up the conscious experience in total. Where does this consciousness originate from, really? Another way of phrasing my experience is as if there is some center of being, a witness or a projector, from where the consciousness and its sensory contents directly radiate out of and create the picture of reality. Am I still making no sense?

Originally posted by Nessa View Post
            But a good guideline for all experiences we get from and while practicing chi kung is: to enjoy the experience but not get too attached to these experiences. Let them be, and let them go. And just enjoy your practice.
            Hei Sifu!

You are perfectly right, as usual!

With sincere respect,
            Olli

Comment

This is an interesting experience that reminded me of something I had once heard a preacher say, and that was that, in the old traditions of the Hebrew language, the word for "eyes" actually had an association with fountains or springs because, in that traditional view of existence, apparently, it was thought that people PROJECTED their reality, world, experience, etc. from their minds/souls/hearts. So I did a quick Google search and found this quote: "the Sixteenth Letter – Ayin – the common Hebrew word for an eye, the organ of sight. This coheres with shape in the ancient script – O – a simple image of the eye. Ayin also denotes a well, spring, or fountain, a kind of "eye of water" in the ground." from the first paragraph in this site: http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spok..._EyesOfGod.php

In any case, cool experience and interesting conversation! Interested to see if any of this relates to what you mean!

Kristian

Comment

From a purely materialistic viewpoint of Western science, light arrives to the eye and then this observation is neurally transmitted to the brain which somehow conjures up the conscious experience in total. Where does this consciousness originate from, really? Another way of phrasing my experience is as if there is some center of being, a witness or a projector, from where the consciousness and its sensory contents directly radiate out of and create the picture of reality. Am I still making no sense?
                Nope
                Sifu Andrew Barnett
                Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Working...
                X