Buddhist Cosmology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddhist Cosmology

Hi there! I am looking for a handy reference for the Buddhist cosmology, but a good exposition of its nuances would also be very welcome. Currently I am planning to get book Buddhist Cosmology: Philosophy and Origins. If you have other suggestions or thoughtful book reviews on the subject, then by all means post your opinion here.

Thanks!

If you have not already read it I would highly recommend Sifu's book Sukhavati: Western Paradise Going to Heaven as Taught by the Buddha. It is by far the best book I have ever read on Buddhist cosmology and metaphysics and one of my favorite books of all time. Other books seem dull after reading this!

All the best.

Phil

Comment

Our sifu addresses buddhist cosmology in this Q&A (link) in answer to the question, "Is the Cosmos alive?"

Sifu explains,

In Buddhist cosmology, for example, life is found in every star, planet or moon in the universe. Transcendentally, the undifferentiated spread of energy has consciousness.
      Sifu's book, Sukhavati, Western Paradise also gives a marvellous explanation of Buddhist cosmology. Highly recommended.

Yours,

Charles
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Family,

Thank you for your responses. I had become acutely aware of Sigung's Sukhavati since the Dublin Zen course and am planning to purchase it very soon. I may have to change my plans about getting other books if it provides all the details I wanted.

With sincere respect,
        Olli

Comment

Here is a very intriguing and nuanced (also pleasant to watch) breakdown of Vedic cosmology that you might find interesting!

Buy full "Vedic Cosmos" DVD http://danavirgoswami.com/product/vedic-cosmos/IGNORE THE GLOBE EARTH SITTING ON THE OCEAN - this is the animator's own speculati...

Comment

Here is a link to a wonderful article, Buddhism and Science, written by our sifu, Grandmaster Wong, in which it is explained how, "the discoveries of the physical sciences confirm the Buddha's teaching."

Enjoy!
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Excellent article Charles thanks for sharing! Part 2 is also very illuminating.

Sincerely,
              Phil

Comment

Thank you Charles Sisook for letting us know and thank you Sigung for writing such a thoughtful article.

With sincere gratitude,
                Olli

Comment

Working...
                X