Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco Courses 2016

Dear Family,

I'm very very happy to be able to announce that Sifu/Sigung/Sitaigung will be teaching some chi kung courses in San Francisco, California, USA this coming November! We're still working out specific dates for his San Francisco visit and what classes will be taught, but I wanted to give advance notice to anyone that would be interested in attending.

For those not familiar with the area, San Francisco is in Northern California and is a popular area for tourism. The San Francisco area has something for everyone, whether it be beaches, mountains, wineries, great food, meditation retreats, sports, Hindu/Buddhist/Christian/Jewish/Muslim temples, and now, Sifu Wong.

If you're interested in attending, please email me at robertscalifornia at gmail.com

San-Francisco-960-x-420.jpg

Andrew
    Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Congratulations!
    It sounds very promising! I would love to visit San Francisco! (however not sure whether I can actually make it this year)
    Good luck in preparing!
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Hello All,

Here are the dates and course content for Sifu Wong's San Francisco courses in 2016:

Saturday October 15

Course 1 - Selection from 18 Jewels
      Course 2 - Selection from 18 Hands of Lohan

Sunday October 16

Course 1 - Abdominal Breathing
      Course 2 - Selection from Sinew Metamorphosis

Recent Chinese New Year Parade in SF

sfnewyear.jpg

- St. Augustine

Comment

This is going to be an awesome course, San Francisco is really fun. I really recommend taking the Alcatraz tour, a visit to Fishermans warf, and Chinatown, and Ghirardelli Square chocolate factory.
        Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

If one is feeling introspective, one could visit Gold Mountain Monastery, founded by the late Venerable Master Hsuan Hua.

If one is feeling celebratory, one could take a glance at this list of the 15 Best Places for a Pint of Guinness in San Francisco.

If one is feeling scholarly, one could peruse the Asian Art Musem.

And, finally, if one is simply hungry, one could practice the opposite of "bi gu" and explore the Ferry Building Marketplace, which offers fine cheeses, ice cream, fresh seafood, gourmet coffee, cured meats, etc.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Those Irish pubs look proper! They look better than my local ones! I'd like to do the Alcatraz tour as well, but most of all I would love to visit the famous San Francisco Chinatown.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to all the sights, I haven't been to San Francisco in years, it is really beautiful.

chinatown-tour.jpgChina2.jpegAlcatraz_09098.jpgFishermans_Wharf,_San_Francisco_(5589590292).jpg
              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

We Are Now Live!

Hello Family,

The website for the upcoming courses in San Francisco is now up and running. At least it looks that way, please let me know if it's not loading correctly for you.

www.shaolinnorcal.com

Andrew

- St. Augustine

Comment

Hey Andrew, the website looks great!
                  Chris Didyk
                  Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

web site

Andrew, well done brother..the way the pictures flow with the script is interesting and just cool....Gusty

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Fantastic courses in a fantastic city! My very best wishes in organising them and in having the extraordinary honour of hosting Sigung.

Website looks great too!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Thank you, everyone. I'm glad the site is working now. I will keep updating it as we obtain some pictures of the local San Francisco "chi kung-ers" in action.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Well done for the website!
                          And what a fantastic choice of courses in such a lovely city

I hope many will benefit from the opportunity!

All the best
                          Andrea
                          Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                          Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Course Venue

For the course participants that follow the forum, the venue has now been confirmed:

Pier 2620 Hotel

They are offering rooms at a discounted rate for the group, but not for long. October is a heavy tourist season in SF, so if you want to stay at the hotel please let me know soon. The hotel is in an area with many options for lodging, including everything from hostels to five star hotels.

Hot darn!
                            Andrew

- St. Augustine

Comment

Coming to you live from Tech Central

Dear Family,

Very fun times are ahead next week! For those that would like to tune in, I will be setting up a live Q&A on Youtube with Sigung next week after he arrives in San Francisco. As many of you remember, San Francisco is where Sigung was awarded "Chi Kung Master of the Year" in 1997 for his work in healing cancer, so to honor that, the focus of the Q&A will be "Chi Kung for Health and Well-being." As the San Francisco area is also the headquarters of many of the technology tools we use so much (Google, Apple, Facebook, HP, Microsoft, Twitter, etc.), we shall make the best use we can of their services!

We will have live video of Sigung answering questions from the audience on the interwebs, though YouTube only allows for receiving questions through the chatbox on the page of the live feed.

I will post the link to join the Q&A on this thread at the time of starting:

Thursday, October 13 6:30pm PST - aka "California time, bro"

"See you" then!

Andrew

- St. Augustine

Comment

Working...
                              X