Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudraksha - interesting benefits

Dear family,

Has anyone ever heard of or owned a Rudraksha?

Rudraksha is the Sanskrit translation for the "tears of Rudra," with Rudra being another name for the Hindu deity Shiva. Rudrakshas are seeds produced by large evergreen trees and are found mostly in Nepal and Indonesia. Rudrakshas have been used by Hindus, Buddhists and Taoists in the past as aids to meditation and spiritual development.

Having done some research and at a recommendation from a friend, I decided to purchase a combination of different Rudraksha seeds recently from a trusted vendor (there are a lot of fakes out on the markets). A rudraksha comes in many different mukhis, or faces and each has an associated benefit and power. For example, a 7-mukhi Rudraksha aligns and opens up your energy to wealth and opportunities. An 8-mukhi rudraksha will clear any obstacles in your path to success. The higher the mukhi gets, the more rare the seeds are and hence will become very expensive to purchase. A 21-mukhi Rudraksha, for example, represents the Hindu deity of monetary wealth, Kubera, and can cost as much as 20,000 USD!

When I first put on my new combination of Rudrakshas, I felt my chi and internal force swirl, realign and purify if that makes any sense. I became lightheaded but at the same time felt some energy centers in my body open up. I felt ecstatic. After a few days of adjusting to this new (and weird) energy, I noticed myself becoming more calm and assertive than usual. Negative situations at work that used to beat me down seemed to effortlessly bounce off my aura.

I will continue to monitor my experiences and provide updates.

One other thing. If you buy authentic Rudraksha, I would not recommend wearing while practicing our Chi Kung. It feels too powerful and overwhelming.

Best wishes,
    Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sharing your interesting experiences. I'd never heard of rudrakshas before.

Off to Work,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Glad you found that interesting Charles!

On another note, since many Shaolin Wahnam students and instructors are sensitive to energy already, we are better equipped to determine if the Rudraksha we have is fake or real.

Best wishes,
      Stephen

Comment

That being said, my morning toothpaste usually induces a nice chi flow, so it may be hard to properly attribute profound qualities to things which seem to improve our energy.

On second thought: twenty thousand dollar toothpaste could be a good idea!

Yrs.

Chas.
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Aren't these seeds similar to crystals and their different effects on psyche and body?
          Long ago I was much interested in natural crystals, I collected them, wore them, and even used them (privately ) as healing stones.

This has been many years ago. Today, getting older and practicing Chi Kung, I still love crystals (I even have one with water and oil in it!), have dispersed some in our rooms, and I am wearing crystals' neclaces or sometimes single gems because I like it - but I have no need anymore to "use" them.

kind regards,
          Dorit
          ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

I'm not sure about crystals, but Rudrakshas and gemstones traditionally have been used by Hindus to remedy astrological deficiencies in one's birth chart. From what I understand, it directly affects the chakras to align to the deity associated.

Here's an explanation of the 11 mukhi rudraksha:

Eleven mukhi rudraksha is blessed by Shri Hanuman, who is also called Ekadash Rudra. As per Padma Puran , the wearer of 11 mukhi rudraksha is known to be bestowed with the virtues of Shri Hanumanji, like oratorial and negotiation skills, self-confidence, intelligence and physical and mental power. He or she will also not get pangs of rebirth in this universe. This rudraksha has the power to control the physical senses, make one fearless and it is therefore recommended for meditation purposes and to secure devotion to the God.

Lord Indra also blesses this rudraksha and as such it brings good luck and fortune and confers leadership qualities and the power to gain control over all the 11 senses (Five physical, five sensory and one of heart or mana). Eleven rudras are said to reside in the 11 mouths of this great rudraksha. The epics say it should be worn on the topknot Shikha though it is a difficult proposition. It can also be worn around the neck like other rudraksha. The wearer is expected to get the benefit of performing thousands of aswamedha yagnas (sacrificing horses) and donating hundred thousand cows (pasu dana) to brahmins. One acquires happiness, protection, longevity and victory by wearing this rudraksha. It protects the wearer from all types of accidents and prevents untimely death. In Skand Puran, Lord Shiva says that 11 mukhi rudraksha is his own form of 11 rudras. The 11 rudras are Kapali, Pingal, Bheem, Viroopaksha, Vilohita, Shasta, Ajpaad, Ahirbudhanya, Shambhu, Chand and Bhava. (There are many other forms of 11 rudras quoted elsewhere).

-"The Power of Rudraksha" kindle ebook

Comment

A picture of Shiva wearing rudrakshas on his arms and around his neck:

shiva-17.jpg

Comment

Some benefits of Rudraksha explained nicely below:

Comment

Working...
                X