Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
    I like shou pu-erh. How about you?
    Sung to the tune of "I like New York in June"?

CC
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Sung to the tune of "I like New York in June"?
      I'll amend it to be "I like dark shou pu-erh" to match the melody.

Here's a Pu-erh I got while visiting my brother in Hong Kong. It's a good budget tea for everyday use. Quite clean taste, but doesn't have the stronger Pu-erh earthiness that I like.

IMG_2384.jpg IMG_2386.JPG
      Last edited by Andrew R; 7 January 2016, 08:44 PM.
      Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Andrew, as you just may remember, I am a yerba mate guy. But I usually use the French press, and it is not so photogenic. But it is my day off today, so maybe for the holiday I will break out the bombilla and gourd, and snap a picture. That is, if I can resist the Pu Erh!

Watch me work!

Cha
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

My continuing quest to re-create the elusive and mythical Teh Tarik.

teh tarik.jpg

- St. Augustine

Comment

I was recently gifted an Aeropress Coffee Maker for my birthday. It's pretty nifty and makes a very tasty cup of coffee. It's been reviewed quite well by coffee "experts". My only misgiving about it is that it's made of plastic.

aeropress-hero-260.jpg

- St. Augustine

Comment

I'd also be uncomfortable with its resemblance to a hypodermic needle.

Cha
              Charles David Chalmers
              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

My continuing quest to re-create the elusive and mythical Teh Tarik.
                [ATTACH]6444[/ATTACH]
                Hi Andrew, I was fortunate to live and train in London for a few years, and near Hyde Park where we used to sometimes meet informally to train, there is a fantastic Malaysian restaurant called Tukdin. Though I first went in there because I thought "Oh, Malaysian food, this will remind me of Penang" I have visited it so often that I have tasted more Malaysian dishes in there than I did in Malaysia by now! (Because in Malaysia we often had Chinese, Korean, Indian, Thai food as well).

Anyway it is where I first had the divine Teh Tarik, fantastic stuff.

Comment

If you have access to buying the spices, do yourself a favor and make this Masala Chai recipe:

How to make the best chai ever, deliciously authentic, and passed down from my great-great grandmother. Spicy and sweet and absolutely wonderful!

- St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Dorit View Post
                    So when in Vienna I learned about the Viennese coffee specialities:

and began to like them instead of German coffee ...
                    I don't know about coffee but I was definitely impressed with the cakes in Vienna. Because what good is tea / coffee without cake!

Best wishes,
                    George / Юра
                    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Happy Tea Time

Hey all,

having now a good and tasty time with my Supreme Organic Gaba Oolong.
                      It has a very good taste and even is very good for some peaceful hours.
                      And of course you fell some kind of positive effects with your meridians after drinking it
                      Cheers!

Tea time.jpg
                      When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
                      When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.

-Lao Tzu-

Comment

Say, Kristian Staev, do you like tea?

- St. Augustine

Comment

Say, Kristian Staev, do you like tea?

Why yes, yes I most certainly do!!!!

I LOVE tea! Especially herbal and tonic tea! My favorite being the mysterious, delicious, balanced, wonderful Gynostemma/Jiaogulan tea!

How about you, Andrew?

Kristian

Comment

What a surprise, I also really like tea! My favorite is sheng pu-erh, though I rarely drink a "good" one because of the price.

My brother's in-laws did bring me some very nice pu-erh from China recently, which has a wonderful variety of flavors with every steeping. Sometimes it's fruity, other times smokey, other times sugary.

I've never had Jiaogulan, but I'll look into it.

I recently moved to Houston, TX, which I was surprised to learn is now the most diverse city in the USA. There's a very nice looking Taiwanese tea house in the Chinatown that I plan to visit, if anyone happens to be passing through here.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Looks like Houston just made it on my map! haha

Comment

Tea drinkers, where do you buy your tea?

I recently found mountaintea.com, which has really good prices and excellent Taiwanese tea. I've linked to my favorite tea right now - Imperial Pearl Brandy Oolong.

Also recently found yunnansourcing.com (ships from China) and yunnansourcing.us (ships from US). They have a good reputation for fair prices and high quality tea.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Working...
                                X