Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Shaolin Wahnam Photography Contest Announcement

Dear Family and Friends,

It gives me great pleasure to announce The First Shaolin Wahnam Photography Contest part of our new Forum Awards.

Details:

--The contest thread will be opened on January 1st, and will remain open until March 31st.
    --Contestants are welcome to submit as many photographs as they wish.
    --There is no prescribed theme, but each photograph should be accompanied by a title.
    --The contest is open to both Wahnam family, and forum members.

--There will be three awards: First, second, and third place, (as well as honourable mentions and people's choices). Please Note: The Prizes will be based on Overall Achievement Rather than Individual Work Sifu has informed me he will give "attractive prizes" to the winners. Stay tuned for details.

I don't think I'm missing anything. [Of course I'm missing something!] It's pretty simple. So grab your cameras and get snapping!

There is a Photography and Competition Discussion Thread for those who wish to workshop their photos, share ideas, or ask questions. See you there!

"That is all."

Yours,

Chaarles
    Last edited by Charles David; 27 December 2015, 06:40 AM.
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Originally posted by Charles David View Post

I don't think I'm missing anything. [Of course I'm missing something!]

1. We are currently researching the best sizes, as well as the upper and lower limit for resolutions, and will announce those shortly.

2. Please note that the prizes are based on Overall Achievement rather than individual works.

"That is all"

CC
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Freedom, etc.

--There is no prescribed theme, but each photograph should be accompanied by a title.

A couple of people have expressed some concern over the lack of a prescribed theme.

While there is no requirement to adhere to it, we can suggest the themes of "Freedom" which is consistent with no prescribed theme.

For those still stuck, you could think of "Form" "Force" "Flow" or "Focus", though, those are entirely optional.

Have fun!

Yours,

Charles
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Regarding File Size

1. We are currently researching the best sizes, as well as the upper and lower limit for resolutions, and will announce those shortly.

Apparently, the forum will simply compress whatever image you throw at it, so there is really no concern with your file size.

CC
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

The Prizes!

Family and Friends, It is my pleasure to announce the prizes for the Forum Awards for Achievement in Photography

Gold Medal: Any one of Sifu's (Grandmaster Wong's) Intensive Courses or any three of Sifu's Regional courses with compliments
          Silver Medal: Any two of Sifu's Regional courses
          Bronze Medal: Any one of Sifu's Regional courses

Thank you, as ever, to Sifu for his generosity and kindness.

Happy snapping!

CC
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
          X