Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee?

Okay, kungfu movie-lovers, it's time to make a choice. And absolutely no sitting on the fence!

Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?

Just hit the poll, or hit the poll and make your argument.

Pollingly Yours,

Chuck Deejackiechan.jpg brucelee.jpeg
    Jackie Chan, of course!
    76.19%
    Bruce Lee, no contest!
    23.81%
    Sorry, I have no clue.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Charles David; 23 December 2015, 12:47 AM.
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Criteria?
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Your own personal criteria.
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

That makes it easier
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Thank you Charles Siheng for starting this Thread. :-)

I was wondering why you did not include Jet Li as part of the poll. I once read that Bruce Lee reigned on the 70s, Jackie on the 80s and Jet Li on the 90s.

I personally love Jackie Chan but I have also enjoyed very much many of the Jet Li movies. :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Hi Santi,

You asked:

I was wondering why you did not include Jet Li as part of the poll.
            Easy.

The winner of Jackie Chan vs. Bruce Lee is going to take on Jet Li.

jetli.jpg "I'm Waiting For You"
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee was an easy choice for me...( I voted Jackie Chan)..But JC and Jet Li is a whole nother can of worms...HMMMM

I shall wait till the poll as this will take some pondering. I have heard more personal stories about Jet Li actually than JC. I trained with Jet Li's
              early teacher once and heard some cool stories. He was a hard working prodigy who actually performed at the White house while only like 8yrs
              old.

Best of both worlds was the movie on the monkey king they did together...awesome. The more i think back on all the movies they've done
              the more difficult it gets..JC is tough as nails, Jet is fast.....HMMMMMM

Thanks for starting this though, it's fun...Warmly Gusty

Comment

Once I asked Sifu something along the line of " Who's more combat efficient or relaxed or able to learn Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu better : Bruce Lee , Jackie Chan or Jet Li ? "

.....but can't recall the answer now , except that each actor has a positive feature .
                Damian Kissey
                Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

I voted Jackie due to personal criteria
                  Played in his movie Dragon Blade while I was in China last spring.
                  It was pretty fun. Actually, you can spot me for around a second
                  And probably would´t recognize me due to Roman Empire armor and a fake beard
                  hahaha
                  Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                  Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                  http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                  http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                  http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

I voted for Bruce Lee, as Jackie Chan has enough voices

But both merit the vote...
                    • Bruce Lee got me hooked on Kung Fu and for that am deeply grateful. Yet what inspires me more than the actor is the martial artist.
                    • Jackie Chan, well I won't miss a film. Great movies, fun, divers and some nice Kungfu.

For the next round other than Jet Li, I would suggest Sammo Hung as well.

@Anton - I watched the movie when flying back from Malaysia... I missed exactly that second .

Andrea
                    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Oh, my. An exciting race!

After taking an early lead at 9-1, Jackie is losing ground to Bruce who has taken the last three votes to narrow the gap.

Curious, I google "Jackie Chan vs. Bruce Lee" and predictably there is a fair bit to be read.

Here is one short article: "Who Would Win?.

Have fun!

As Ever,

Uncle Cha
                      Last edited by Charles David; 24 December 2015, 02:49 AM.
                      Charles David Chalmers
                      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Easy.

The winner of Jackie Chan vs. Bruce Lee is going to take on Jet Li.
                        Haha. I see. That is going to be a difficult one Charles Siheng. Jet Li has had a big influence on me. Probably more than Jackie Chan.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

I'd rate them in the following order:

1. Bruce Lee
                          2. Bruce Lee
                          3. Bruce Lee

In terms of martial arts, I think Bruce Lee was the best fighter. He popularised Wing Chun, and Kungfu in general, for which I, like Andrea, am grateful. He also started or inspired his own style, JKD, which those who have trained with Tai Siheng Kai's former students tell me is very effective! (And it looks good on youtube.)

Whereas I don't even know which style, if any, Jackie Chan does?

In terms of movies, well I don't like the modern, comedy type films that Jackie Chan does much, though I haven't seen them all for that reason, but I do love his earlier ones, especially those that involve him learning Kungfu under a master such as Drunken Master or Fearless Hyena.

However I don't love them as much as Enter the Dragon or The Big Boss.

And I am of the age that usually see Bruce Li, Jet Li etc all as just very pale imitations of Bruce Lee! In fact I would put Jean Claude Van Damme, as a fighter and for his movies, well above Jackie and Jet Li too, sorry guys! Kickboxer, AWOL, Bloodsport - all fantastic!

But looks like my side is losing badly in this poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                            Once I asked Sifu something along the line of " Who's more combat efficient or relaxed or able to learn Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu better : Bruce Lee , Jackie Chan or Jet Li ? "

.....but can't recall the answer now , except that each actor has a positive feature .
                            Now I recall something about Sifu's answer : Speedy Bruce Lee good fighter , comical Chinese opera background Jackie Chan is relaxed and many times wushu ( genuine kungfu forms )champion Jet Li will do SW KF easier

To further share the gist of what Sifu told me :

" ....who would learn our Shaolin Wahnam kungfu or genuine kungfu better ? : Jet Li, Jacky Chan and Bruce Lee in that order.

Jet Li's kungfu is wushu, which is genuine Shaolin Kungfu in form. All he needs to do is to develop internal force and learn combat application of what he already knows. Indeed, from his many years of excellent action, he would have developed internal force and acquire combat application without his conscious knowing.

Jacky Chan has a lot of opera tricks, which may deter him from his learning of genuine kungfu when compared to Jack Li.

Bruce Lee, despite being a very good fighter, had a prejudiced concept against genuine kungfu . His mind set was such that it would be very difficult for him to learn genuine kungfu if he wanted to ..."

Anyway , personally I like all the movie fight choreographies of all 3 actors , who are all Masters in their own right

But if pushed , I'll vote in descending preference : Jet , Jackie , Bruce
                            Damian Kissey
                            Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                            www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Definitely Jackie Chan for me. "Legend of Drunken Master" was the first kung fu movie I watched in the theaters and I was hooked from then on out (though I had no idea how people used "those weird hand and wrist movements" in actual fighting, fast forward a decade or two and some things make sense, haha).

I actually didn't see a Bruce Lee film until just a few years ago, go figure. Very intense for sure, but I didn't see much that I resonated with.

Jet Li is probably still my favorite "kung fu movie" star, though. His agility and high flying moves definitely inspired me to want to be even half as agile as he was! Doubt I'm going to get to the point of horizontal triple spinning flying kicks to the face, though!
                              I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X