Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi flow during meditation

Hello,

It's been a while since I posted something here.

I would like to ask a question on behalf of my wife. She has practiced Chi Kung regularly for the past 2 years.

She noticed that on several occasions during her morning meditation that there's a sense of movement that starts in the centre of her torso. She sways gently, almost as if having a mini-chi flow. She would like to know if it's possible to have this, and if it's OK.

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes
    Jacek

Dear Jacek,

It's nice to see you back on the discussion forum.

I reckon that you meant that the morning meditation of your wife is sitting meditation.

The swaying is a natural development due to her chi kung practice. Congratulations! She seems to be practicing correctly.

Her chi kung skills naturally transferred to other types of meditation. Furthermore the chi flow created by her chi kung practice keeps on flowing throughout the day. When she relaxes, like in sitting meditation, it manifests again by gentle movement.

Generally, healing is not the main aim for sitting meditation (like it is for chi kung), but spiritiual cultivation. Therefore it is more effective to keep her body still, which can be done by gently thinking of her dantian once or twice, just like at the ending of a chi flow session. But if she likes to, she can also enjoy the gentle flow sometimes.

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Dear Sifu Leo,

Thank you for taking time to write your reassuring response!

And sorry for my late reply. Yes, good to be back here. I had a break from Shaolin Wanham Chi Kung during my final year of my Alexander Technique training. I found it too intensive and I got so much into it that it distracted me from my formal training (I kept doing chi flows after various activities though)

I'm happy to share that I am a qualified teacher now and I'm practicing Chi Kung again. So good to go back to basics. I'm spending more time on entering CKSoM and just generate little energy - this is already intensive enough

Best wishes
      Jacek

Comment

Hi all,

While normally you don't move in sitting meditation, if chi flor sways you, there's nothing to worry, just enjoy it. ..
        Daniel Pérez
        http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Working...
        X