Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religions in Vietnam/Cambodia

Dear all

Some days after the courses with Sigung here in Switzerland I was very lucky and travelled through Vietnam and Cambodia for business. I would like to share a picture from there that I took in a temple. As I was told this sign means "chi" and indeed the follower of this religion (Cao Dai) seem to believe in chi and pray that the chi may always stay in harmony. I cannot tell much about this religion, but I liked the idea and wanted to share it :-)
    I was also taken to a very small island at the border between Vietnam and Cambodia where there was a very simple temple of a religion called Hoa Hao. There were many pictures of their founder and I didn't fully understand the translation of our guide. But I could very much feel my activated Small Universe. Later some women came and went on the other side of the little temple. I followed them and then saw a small beautiful statue of Guan Yin Bodhisattva to whom they started to chant. And I felt once more very blessed that Guan Yin Bodhisattva is so very close to our school.

If anyone knows more about these two religions, I would be happy to learn more.

Kind regards, Binia
    Attached Files

Dear Binia,

In Central Jawa, Indonesia, there exists some practice of "manunggaling kawula lan Gusti", literally translated as 'the joining of slave and master'.

Perhaps this is smilar to that that you mentioned.

Joko
    开心 好运气
    kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
    open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Hey Sije

I know I'm a bit late, but I only recently watched a very interesting and heartening documentary on Caodaism. It's more about how Caodaism is picking up in central America rather than its history, but it gets some basic knowledge across and is very nice to watch. I can share the link once I get home (IF you're interested). The things they preach is definitely something I "agree" with and it's wonderful to see a religion that is so inclusive !

I had no idea about Hoa Hao up until today, so I will definitely check it out. If I hear about something new, I go to wikipedia and then try to dig out some documentaries or forums where people exchange their views. But depending on the religion, there isn't much to find... let the search begin!

Thank you for sharing this ! And I hope you got back from your trip safely by now.

See you sometime soon!
      Fabienne

Comment

Dear Sisook

Thank you for your reply, you are always very considerate. I am looking forward to meet you one day in person.

Dear Simui

You still inspire me with your enthusiasm for so many things, keep it up and see you soon :-)
        I will pm you for the link, thank you!

Kind regards, Binia

Comment

Working...
        X