Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After six month of Zhan Zhuang practice

Dear family,

I want to share with you my small success: I had always difficulties in practicing Zhan Zhuang. Three Circle Stance was not a big problem – I could hold it for fifteen to twenty minutes - but to be honest it was for me almost impossible to hold the Horse Riding Stance for more than one minute. I felt immediately my heart beating fast, I was then panting out of breath and the quick increasing of the pain in the legs became insupportable. As I develop a sort of allergic asma in the last years in Germany (I am from Venezuela where climatic conditions are absolutely different), the practice of Zhan Zhuang was even more difficult for me, specially in winter time.

I was determined to overcome my weakness. So I first read all the comments, advices and recommendations Sigung gives in the website and also in his books about the stance practice. Then a made a training schedule with gradual progression based Sigung recommendations and when I felt confident enough that I could start with it I change my training schedule to mainly Horse Riding Stance (holding my hands like in Three Circle Stance. Somewhere Sigung calls that stance Holding a Ball). Until today it has been a wonderful "trip" with up and downs but always when it became difficult I just re-read Sigungs word on the matter I found either the clues or the explanations of what I had to do/what it was happening to me. Everything was in a safe field.

Following Siguns method for beginners I started “sitting” in the stance and counting my breathes until I could it no more, then I went into a Chiflow and finished my training as we do in all our Chikung exercises. After two or three days I added one or two more breathes and then finished the exercise as usual. I did not care much about time in order to not put more pressure on my mind and lose the focus and relaxation I wanted to keep. I did this once a day on a daily basis.

Now six months have gone since I started the Zhan Zhuang training and I wanted to see how much I had achieved in terms of time. And to my surprise – not because I do not believe or trust Sigungs words but because the results go far beyond any expectation I could have had – I am holding the stance now for fifty minutes. That is really amazing. Achieving fifty minutes from barely one minute in six month of practice.

But it is not everything. The benefits of the Zhan Zhuang practice in my daily life are also beyond all expectations. I have much more energy than ever (I wake up before five in the morning and go sleep around eleven in the afternoon) and can be active and in a good mood all the day without problem. I notice small changes in my character. I am more relaxed in any situation and enjoy the simple things of life like taking a shower, seeing my garden or eating a chocolate more than ever before. And also my asma has diminished in around 80 percent so that it is very rare when I need to take any medication agains it. It is not so that in my four previous years practicing Chikung I did not feel any progress. Of course I did but the progress experienced in these months has been huge in terms of benefits for such a short time. I know that I still have a lot to improve but this is for me already awesome. I know also that my achievements are in our family very common and are also to be expected (this is why I recognize them as a small success) but it is always a life changing experience when it happens to oneself. In my case that little and personal success makes me feel so confident and proud of what I am (we are) doing in Shaolin Wahnam.

I just wish to continue my training and to be a dedicated Shaolin Wahnam Student. I will check again in six months how long I hold the stance. Until then I will practice without thinking of it. Hopefully I have the willpower and the discipline to continue practicing on a daily basis.

I am so grateful to be part of this family.
    Thank you all.

Congratulations Brother

And thanks for the inspiration in diligent correct perseverance

Best wishes on the way to more wholistic Kung Fu benefits.
    Damian Kissey
    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Hello Davy Sijat,

Right method, right teacher, right student, and now you are reaping the rewards of your practise

Keep having fun!

With Shaolin Salute,
      Lee Wei Joo
      http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Congratulations!

Really inspiring story

Comment

Very good Davy. keep on.

Do not add the ego-pressure of over-extending the duration of the stance training.

Actually now, after having discussed recently with you on the phone, I would advise that you just maintain this training for the time being. You can even skip a day or two per week, and spend the extra time with your son & wife.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Wow! Awesome to see my fellow students shooting for high standards! Keep up the fantastic work!
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to write me

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
              Congratulations Brother

And thanks for the inspiration in diligent correct perseverance

Best wishes on the way to more wholistic Kung Fu benefits.
              Thanks for the wishes and the kind words

Originally posted by LeeWeiJoo View Post
              Hello Davy Sijat,

Right method, right teacher, right student, and now you are reaping the rewards of your practise
              Keep having fun!
              Thank you. Specially the teacher makes the difference. We are all so blessed by having such a Great Master leading us.
              And yes, I am having a lot of fun by practicing Zhan Zhuang

Originally posted by David Langford View Post
              Wow! Awesome to see my fellow students shooting for high standards! Keep up the fantastic work!
              Hi David. I am actually not aiming directly at high standards. I just sit on the stance, breath and relax. What I would never think before is that such a demanding excercise also can bring a lot of fun. I really enjoy it.

Originally posted by Maxime View Post
              I would advise that you just maintain this training for the time being. You can even skip a day or two per week
              Yes!!

Originally posted by Karol View Post
              Congratulations!

Really inspiring story
              Thank you!!!

Smiling from the heart

Davy

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post

Hi David. I am actually not aiming directly at high standards. I just sit on the stance, breath and relax. What I would never think before is that such a demanding excercise also can bring a lot of fun. I really enjoy it.
                Hey, you still achieved it though.
                Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

This is one of the very beautiful things about stance training, that once sitting in your stance relaxed, you really don’t have to do anything at all. Last night in class the students sat in a stance after entering the way. Before we knew it the hour was over. It really is fantastic and one of my favourite aspects of our simple and effective training.

Well done Davy
                  Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
                  A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Dear Davy,

Congratulations on your personal journey and victory!

Wishing you continued excitement and joy in your ongoing discoveries,

Shaolin salute - love and respect,

Emiko
                    Emiko Hsuen
                    www.shaolinwahnam.jp
                    www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
                    Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
                    4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
                    Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
                    Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
                    Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
                    Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
                    To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

Thanks again!

Thank you all for the nice comments and the encouraging words. All that confirms that I am doing well and motivates me to continue working that way.

With a smile from the heart
                      Last edited by Davy; 9 October 2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Very good!!
                        Your experience inspires a lot of people
                        Thank you very much for sharing
                        anton
                        Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                        Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                        http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                        http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                        http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Working...
                        X