Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a teacher in Toronto

Greetings,

I've been practicing the Eight Brocades and the standing meditation for a couple of months now with good results and would like to learn more and take it to a higher level. There is a local Qigong teacher here near my home who is good, but he is often traveling and only offers a group class once a week (and that's when he's in town). I would like to learn with a teacher here in Toronto who can go through the 18 Luohan Hands, etc. but have yet to find one who is accessible. Do any of you know of a good teacher here or some workshops or courses being held? Many thanks!

Dear Ibn Ajibah

Attending a class once a week might be enough, if you practice daily. If you are looking for a teacher however, we do have excellent instructors in Toronto. You can find them here: http://www.shaolin.org/general/instr...st.html#canada

Best regards
    Andrea
    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

You are extremely lucky: in Toronto there is an army of excellent Sifus

I would recommand that you contact, for example, Sifu Emiko Hsuen.

All the best,

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

I'm just chuckling here, happily. You are really very lucky to have access to such incredible teachings.

Happily,

Chuck D
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Thank you, I didn't realize there were so many Wahnam teachers here in Toronto. One of them is actually 15 mins away from my home! Hopefully I can learn from them.

Thank you all again.

Comment

15 min, talk about luck!

Happily,

Chuck D
            Haha, Chuck D - Public Enemy

Comment

Yes, well hopefully he responds and is able to provide instruction

Comment

Hi Ibn,

The best instructor in Canada is a very unassuming lady called Jean Lie, in fact she is one of the top masters in our school (from personal experience). She has helped a lot of people.

She is very humble, kind and giving, her classes run in the York Mills Road area (Her details are available on shaolin.org., just click on the instructors tab and scroll down to Canada, she's the chief instructor). Either way learning from an instructor in Toronto is a great idea, since there are many qualified people there.

Sham.

Comment

You are lucky to have a lot of instructors in Toronto, including some of the most renowned in our school. I remember my own practise had got kind of stuck, about 8 or 9 years ago, and I learned from Emiko Sije who got it on track again, I still remember some of the lessons taught.

I had my first visit to Toronto in April and not just the instructors but the students in the group were so open hearted and welcoming. Even (non-Wahnam) strangers were open hearted towards me, I made friends with people there that I am still in touch with, which is a rare experience for me.

I think the reason was, for that week at least, the nature of the Toronto group and Sifu spread to me, people were open hearted towards me because I was open hearted myself (for that week). I think if you are open hearted towards the Toronto group, ie willing to give their teachings a good try and so forth, you will enjoy the training there a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X