Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless newbie here - Hi all :)

Knowing me, years later I'm still beating the wrong bush

I just stumbled across a wiki on Chi. Does the below make any sense to anyone here? I've looked all over for years and failed to find answers. I'm hoping this is finally the right place to ask:

Soon after I met my wife she asked me to try an exercise. She told me to sit on a chair. She sat on the floor in front of me, with her back to me and raised her right palm above her shoulder, then asked me to hold my palm above it, without touching, close my eyes and see if I could feel anything.

I did. Felt cold, like ice. I concentrated on it and curious moved closer in my mind. Felt slightly cooler still like there was a wall not far ahead so I moved closer. At that point, she started to gasp and told me to stop, saying she couldn't breathe and she was too hot. I've asked for an explanation and mentioned it years since but had nothing - it just gets dismissed as nothing.

Out of interest I've tried holding my palms together and get a sensation like a soft force when they are close. Trying with 2 fingers facing the palm and gently "stirring the air" seems to work too, moving them gradually apart to a foot or more you still feel it sometimes. Other times it's weak.

Is this Chi? I don't know what it is, but I'd like to know more and my wife doesn't seem willing to discuss.

The article though associated hot with Yang - that's supposed to mean I'm "bad"? I'd find a hard time believing that - seems to me everything is a conflux of swirls. Everything in conflict. Each likes to assume it's in the right and better. Few seek to understand and unite.

Oh the cold tingly thing that feels more "static" - is that a spirit thing or something?

Anyway, where do I start? If indeed I'm in the right place. I'm not interested in martial arts or fighting. If indeed it's possible to heal I'd like to do that. Can you "heal" or help living and dead too etc?

Lots of questions sorry

For those of a logical nature:
    ======================
    If I find something that doesn't make sense, sure there are logical explanations and less logical ones. The logical explanations are far more probable. However the logical mind does not immediately dismiss any given option. It investigates. Regardless of the outcome. I am entertaining logical explanations too - but I'd like to find out more to satisfy my curiosity and not be a dismissive fool.

Hello Simon155,

Welcome to our forum.

A good place to start would be to know our forum rules, since this forum is a virtual school rather than a normal public forum: http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/faq...q=new_faq_item

With Shaolin Salute,
    Lee Wei Joo
    http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Hi Simon155,

As Lee Wei Joo has said, it´ll be good if you follow the forum rules, so we can discuss your experiences afterwards...

Greetings,
      Daniel Pérez
      http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Thanks - I read them

Any ideas on the above? Or am I asking the wrong place?

Edit: The penny just dropped. One moment. That could be misinterpreted

Apparently I cant edit my old post? If thats what you're hinting at it's intended to suggest at the bottom that its better to have an open and enquiring mind than to automatically dismiss Does look a little negative the way I worded it lol

Thanks
        simon "Dragon in china shop" lol
        Last edited by simon155; 13 April 2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X