Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all members of this interesting Forum from Ryan Jeffrey

Hi All

I have been practicing Chi Kung for approximately 5 years, initially on a sporadic basis and more recently, over the last 10 months or so with a bit more regularity, at least 4-5 times per week. I have never actually attended a class, but have read a few books, the first of which i had bought 20 years ago, but only started using it when a friend of mind introduced me to a practitioner of 72 years old, who reinforced the philosophy to me.

My routines generally begins with the 8 brocades and then I may do some standing meditation, holding the three balls ( circles) and lifting the sky and cradling the moon, as well as some abdominal breathing, depending on the time that I have.

Lately i have had an experience where once i stimulate the chi in my body, through abdominal breathing, my body then starts to move specifically to massage and old injury to my lower back, which i had incurred more than 20 years ago.

The pattern of the movement is very symmetrical and it moves me in a gentle yer forceful manner but targeting the area of the old injury.

The energy would then take me to the flow on my knees and then make me go forward unto my head and deliberately stretch my spinal column. I could remain in this prostrated position for maybe 5-8min before it will gently motion me to rise and the do similar but differing gyrating movements, working my back and the area of the injury all the time.

I am not scared by the movements they are not over powering, but i have sensed and felt a big improvement in the area already.

I have mentioned this to a few people including a good friend of mind today who know about Chi Kung, but is not a practitioner and had advised me to raise the issue with the Forum.

I have sensed from my experiences that this is a form of healing that was given to us when we were placed here on this planet, the knowledge of which became lost over time.

It border on the miraculous that the energy can sense a physical problem and work specifically to correct the problem.

I am broadcasting this here, since this may well be a common experience to those of you who are experienced in the ways of this form of exercise, but as someone who has never attended a formal class, and has stuck to what i perceive as being the basic routines, it does leave me in awe of the potential of this form of exercise.

I look forward to feedback and comfort that what I am experiencing is not bizarre and that others have had similar experiences.

Please note that this is not a one off experience, but it happens every time i induced the chi in me and the exercises seem to be progressively changing as the weeks go bye, through building on some core routines.

It was noticeable that I did my exercise outside for the first time this year, and the energy did not cajole me to the ground ad it normally did when i was inside the house.

Kind regards

Ryan

Chi Flow

Hey Ryan,
    Thank you for posting your experiences of the Forum, from what you have been describing it seems that you are developing the skill of generating an energy flow at the level of gentle breeze, swaying willows and not vigorous chi flow.

In our school we believe that this was what the past Masters were hinting at in some of the classics, but not openly writing about.

Firstly as you have confirmed there is nothing to worry about, especially from what you describe because you are arriving there in a balanced and natural way. This means that the internal enviroment is "right" for this to spontaneously happen.

Now at this point you have a few options open to you.

1) I would read Sifu's book The Art of Chi Kung and Chi Kung for Health and Vitality

2) Have your training reviewed by an Instructor

3) Attend a course with either Sifu or competent Instructors

I see that you are based in the UK somewhere so this does open some opportunities for you such as attending the Summer Camp were Sifu ( Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit ) will be teaching.

http://shaolin-training.com/

If this is not viable then my advice would be to attend either a local class or an immersive weekend experience with Fully alive. On these course we take you through a very progressive way of understanding and experiencing the core skill of our Chi Kung, Energy or Chi Flow.

Here is the website that I am using at the mometnt and has a course description on it for a weekly course that I am starting in Edinburgh so you can get a feel for the course, and here is the Fully Alive Face book page

Edinburgh course- http://www.zentreasures.com/courses

Fully Alive FB page - https://www.facebook.com/FullyAliveArts?ref=hl

There are three of us in this collective and we are located in various parts of the UK.

Tim- West Sussex
    Barry- Surrey
    Mark - Edinburgh

You can contact us at tim@fullyalive.co, barry@fullyalive.co, mark@fullyalive.co

Peace

Mark

The Fully Alive Team
    Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the description of your experiences....I agree fully with Mark advices.

Best regards,
      Daniel Pérez
      http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Involuntary self-healing movements

Daniel

Thanks for your reply, and please excuse me if I am not following protocol here, but i since I have never been to a class, my experiences may be quite common place.

Message Body:

> I have been practicing chi Kung for many years after buying and reading a book publishing by the Grand Master.
        > I seem to have developed the ability induce my chi flow with just a few deep internal breaths and also a recognition of involuntary self healing, whereby my body is moved to specifically target areas where are pains or ailments.
        > I have last year been diagnosed with having a low form of prostrate cancer and with the induce chi, my body moves in a manner to specifically target the meridians in the groin area and i can feel the sensation in my prostrate.
        > My PSA level has also been reducing slowly.
        >
        > I would like to be observed by someone in the academy or even Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit himself, if possible, since i am not sure which of the classes will be appropriate for me.
        >
        > Kind regards
        >
        > Ryan
        >
        Further application in a follow up email response to a member - 30th January 2015

Thanks for the follow up. I am not phased by the experience since its been very gradual and seems very natural.
        I sense that there is some form of coordination between the brain and the chi in the body once stimulated.
        I have tried to explain this to many people but it's like telling them I have seen Christ.

I am interested in understanding this achievement not simply for myself, but I have embraced this form of exercise and a life company, since I have come to recognize its overall benefits and fundamental change in many aspects of my being in way that I realize but are much more fluid and profound than those you obtain through normal physical exercise.I would like to one day become a teacher of this discipline myself, and would like to use this screening as an assessment as to what sort of direction that i need to fulfill this objective.

Without being rude or contradictory, since this is base on the awareness and the deep consciousness that I have developed from practicing this art for want of a better word.
        Chi Kung is a prehistoric art form, and was with man before he went into the caves. If man was not able to cure himself naturally, then the chances of our existence would have been slim.

The knowledge through the usage of herbs would have come from a more settled form of existence and would have take hundreds if not thousands of years to develop.
        As with the knowledge that was lost when we turned to Western medicine the capacity to self-heal was also lost and alternatives were found as the drawings in the caves became less relevant to those that follow.

I am sure that these theories have been more formerly espoused before, but like the experiences which I have had, this wisdom and reflection on our past, outside of the academic pursuits, came through my immersion in regular Chi Kung practices.

I have also become open to the possibilities of communicating over long distances, since I have now given the explanation of strange coincidences to brain wave communication on a level that we are not aware of and seems to implausible to understand.If we can grasps the use of mobile technology today, or accept without questioning the capacity of the tiny turtle to cross the great oceans to arrive at the same spawning grounds, then why does the human brain with the level of sophistication that it has not send radio like signals to people all over the world.

The fact that we are all in someway connected, must give us the genetic receptors to communicate with each other across huge distances. If as Chi Kung practitioners we become aware of the capabilities to move energy to different part of the body using the mind.A feat which seemed bizarre when most people I am sure first read about this.
        Then how difficult would it be for the brain of man, like that of many other animals which we admire, such as the whales and the dolphin to name just two, be capable of speaking to someone in another room, or town, already wired with the receptors to hear.

I am no expert on the practice of Chi Kung, I have not attempted any complex routines that comes with the warning statements of " don't practice without your trainer", rather i consider myself as a humble beginner, but I am marveled at what I have personally experienced and learnt with such little knowledge that I realise the significant benefits that I can derive and share with others, if I can learn more and perhaps become a teacher myself one day.

Firstly i seek some answers to the experiences which I have had, since no one has so far been able to give me some concrete explanation beyond my hypothesize.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
        X