Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction to Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan Level 1 and 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction to Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan Level 1 and 2.

Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

From Friday afternoon March 27th to Sunday afternoon March 29th I am conducting a beautiful and enriching weekend of Tai Chi Chuan for Beginners here in Killarney. This course is especially for complete beginners but also for advanced students who wish to deepen their skills.

The Introduction will include:

From Wuji to Taiji, Lifting Water, Stance Training-stationary and movement, Differentiating between Yin and Yan, The importance of waist rotation, Grasping Sparrow's tail, Leg Stretches, 6 Harmonies, Pushing hands and simple combat and life application to name a few jewels of the course.

For seniors: There will be a special focus on Sequence 7 with a special evening session on Friday and Saturday from 6pm -8pm. Although this weekend has been advertised for some time and many of my own students are booked in, I thought I would share it here just in case any of our Shaolin Wahnam Family or readers are interested.

Sifu's advice on www.shaolin.org is very timely for the seniors, Thank you Sifu.

The Tantui and Taijiquan combat sequences are very effective. Here is what you can do to improve your combat efficiency. Learn any one of the combat sequences from the videos above. Practice it daily for one week. You can keep repeating the sequence in your practice. By the end of the week you should be uuite fast and powerful.

Spar with a few friends, preferable who learn other martial arts. Just apply your sequences continuously on them. It is crucial that you must apply the sequence on them. If you bounce about like them, or waite for them to attak and then respond, you will be beaten. Discuss your experience in our Shaolin Wahnam Institute Discussion Forum

The Venue: Innisfallen suite, Gleneagle hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry, Ireland
    The Fee: €300.00
    Times: Friday 27th March: Introduction: 2pm -5pm. Sequence 7 from 6pm -8pm. Saturday 28th: Introduction 9am -5pm. Sequence 7: 6pm -8pm. Sunday: Introduction: 9am -5pm.

Please email sifujoan@gmail.com or PM me for details. This will be the first of 5 weekend Tai Chi Chuan specials being held over 2015 taught by Sifu Joan.
    Attached Files
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Dear family,

I would like to offer my sincere thanks to my Sifu for very kindly offering the wonderful opportunity of learning all the fundamentals of Wahnam Taijiquan in a single weekend. Such opportunities are rare and very special. Thank you so much Sifu.

We enjoyed a fabulous weekend of training that was full of wisdom, wit and laughter - and of course some very wonderful Tai Chi Chuan! For some the weekend was their first time learning Tai Chi Chuan and everything was new. For others (like my good self) the weekend was about deepening our skills in the art and practicing our chosen combat sequence with real intent against boxers.

Experiencing my skills deepen over the three days was incredible - developing an enhanced awareness of my Dan Tian in training, making subtle but powerful corrections to my combat sequence, remaining calm when applying my sequence, understanding how we learn about ourselves in our daily life through our practice of the art.. and many many more.

Again I found myself noting that just as we progress an extra little step in the art we gain perspective on just how limitless and endless is the depth of the art. We are so very blessed.

Thank you Sifu for a most wonderful weekend. And thank you to all my brothers and sisters for making it so memorable.

All the best,

Kevin

So again, thank you Sifu -

Comment

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am glad you enjoyed it so much.

I always learn a lot when I teach and also deepen my own skills. This time it was interesting to teach complete beginners and more senior students in the one class over a weekend, yet keeping you all together.

I think Wuji was a revelation for all of you at the very beginning and it progressed from there.

Happy training!

Joan Sifu

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtual Kwoon Readers,

Three weeks have passed since the Tai chi Chuan course here in Killarney and they have been a wonderful three weeks of self-realisation and application of Tai Chi Chuan principles which have come to life in everyday living.

The course was full of fun, valuable lessons and life skills. It felt like every movement during the course gave me little glimpses and realisations of where I can apply the principles we were learning and what I need to adjust to improve my life and myself.

For example while practicing moving into bow arrow stance Sifu corrected the distance I move out to a shorter distance and after this it felt effortless to perform. When we talked about what we learned from practising moving out into bow arrow, I realised that I over stretch myself a lot in daily life. I have made a great effort to be aware of this correction during my daily practice and I feel my Tai Chi Chuan has become more fun, flowing and it has become easier to perform sets and sequences.

Another lesson I have gained during the course is how important it is to stand in a proper wuji stance. Now this was incredible. I have never felt wuji so grounded after Sifu correcting my stance. I felt lighter and connected to my dan tian which felt solid with chi. From wuji we moved to the Tai Chi stance and back again. Another realisation surfaced with in me of how wonderful it would be to feel like this all the time, every day, and that this is how life should feel and be. Grounded, flowing from my dan tian, moving from situation to situation effortlessly with awareness and solidness. This is something that I have been missing in life for a while. I have had a tendency to lose my dan tian during the day, my chi floats up and I tend to rush. Now this has completely changed during the last while. I feel relaxed and grounded during the day and I’m enjoying life and work more wholesomely.

Another wonderful lesson that arose on the course was for us to find a way around the problem. This was really highlighted when we practiced the false leg stance. During one of the stance training sessons Sifu instructed us to find a way around the tendency to lift out of false leg stance. I smiled form the heart, let my chi flow down my leg and had a thought that it would work out and it felt like something pushed through me on an energy level, my spirit expanded and the stance became really enjoyable. Finding a way around the problem in daily life has become very useful to me recently and solutions just appear as from nowhere once I stay relaxed, smiling from the heart and have a thought that it will work out.

More lessons surfaced during pushing hands, lessons like having a good bow arrow will keep you grounded and relaxed. I have realised that I am a better follower than leader. I have become aware of this over the last while and I have made a better effort to lead when it is time to do so, and follow when it is time to do so. I feel myself becoming more assertive and my drive to succeed in life has increased.

Overall my life has become more fun and meaningful. My love and gratitude for the simple things in life has increased. My life expectations has become more grounded which I feel has improved my daily happiness. My ability to deal with my work has improved and business has increased since I have become more relaxed about getting more business in.

I want to thank my Sifu for the incredible lessons during this course and every time I attend class and ask for help.

I want to thank Sigung for sharing the wonderful art Of Tai Chi Chuan with us.

Best wishes,
        Dominic.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam family,

I have done many repeat courses before and all have been enjoyable and rewarding, however this one became almost comical in the number of breakthroughs and realisations that I experienced. As most practitioners know on this forum, it is a good idea to have some thoughts on what you would like to improve upon when entering a review course. After going deeper into training the Wuji stance, I found a great increase in my clarity of thought. During the weekend, whenever a problem in my daily life or work popped into my head, I found the solution just appeared within minutes – even seconds in some cases. This gave me the pleasant dilemma of having problems finding problems!

Recently, I have had to return to my old job. It is in the tourism industry, which often means I have dealings with a huge variety of personalities and situations on a daily basis. After the Tai Chi Chuan weekend, it may as well be a completely different job as I no longer struggle with the issues that I did just a few months ago.

I think it was the stance training that has given me more resolve and to see work problems more as challenges. Issues at work have become rewarding to solve rather than being something to dread.

It had been a while since I had trained Pushing Hands (one of my favourite group training activities with my Sifu!) and I found a greater awareness of each guest at reception in the hostel. The awareness does not come in the form of a “mental checklist”, but more a “knowing”.

On the course, I got to meet and train with brothers and sisters who I do not get to see very often and this enhanced the benefits (and enjoyment) ten fold. Indeed, when I hand over to the security at work and hear stories of their “hard” training sessions – I think of how lucky we are to have a school whose classes incluide hard work, pushing limits and rapid self development but combined with much laughter, joy and compassion.

I continue to be a very lucky and grateful student of a wonderful art.

Thank you Sigung, for sharing such treaures with the world, for creating such a wonderful global family and for all of your incredible hard work travelling the globe, selflessly sharing with those who are willing to learn.

Thank you Sifu, for your compassion and determination in teaching the arts. I could have have learned from a thousand different teachers from a thousand different schools, but I am glad I knocked on your door.

Thank you to my Brothers and Sisters, for offering your time so that I may enhance my skills.

WSS,
          Peter Clayton
          Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
          "Though one man may conquer in battle a thousand men a thousand times over, it is he who conquers himself that is the greatest of conquerors". - Dhammapada.

Comment

Dear Peter and Dominic,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with everybody. I am really happy that you received so much from the course. Writing it here often helps to crystalize what you learned and the skills you deepened.

I am very happy to announce that I will repeat this course on June 6th and 7th in The Gleneagle hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry. This will be the last 'repeat' of Introduction level, the next weekends will be Level 2 (skills) and Level 3 Introduction.

The Introduction to Levels 1 and 2 will be the same but from 6pm-8pm on Friday and Saturday evening we will focus on Taiji Staff and Taiji Sabre for Sifu's magic course in August which we are eagerly looking forward to. The evening session is open only to students who wish to take the course in August 2015.

We look forward to welcoming new students for the Introduction Levels.

Date: June 6th and 7th 2015
            Venue: Innisfallen room, Gleneagle hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry
            Times: 9am -12 and 2-5pm Saturday and Sunday. 6-8pm Taiji Sabre and Taiji Staff.
            Fee: €250.00 paid in advance
            Course type: Beginners Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan (this course is open to students outside the school also, once the 10 Shaolin Laws are agreed to).
            Instructor: Sifu Joan Browne

Many Blessings,
            Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtuak Kwoon Readers,

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend this second introductory Tai Chi Chuan course over the weekend and I am very grateful to be able to do so.

I had many lovely experiences during training over the weekend and enjoyed the wonderful company of my Shaolin Wahnam Family.

A highlight for me during the course was an experience I had after stance training while enjoying the stillness. My mind became very clear like I was just an observer following my breath and then I felt like I became my breath. My breath, body and my surroundings converged to a point which I could see before me and then in an instant the point dispersed, my breathing stopped and I disappeared. After this session I experienced a deeper state of mental clarity and awareness than I have ever experienced before.

Another highlight was the opportunity to learn the Taiji Staff and Taiji Sabre sets in preparation for the upcoming Harvest Festival. It was interesting to feel the difference between the sets; the Taiji Staff set feeling solid, powerful and grounded and the Taiji Sabre set feeling flowingly agile, powerful and free. I am certainly more excited now with the upcoming courses.

Thank you to my Sifu for another great opportunity to deepen my skills in this wonderful art.

Thank you to Sigung for your generosity in passing on these arts.

Thank you to my Brothers and Sisters whom I had the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful weekend with.

Best wishes,
              Dominic.

Comment

Dear Brother,

Thanks for sharing this inspiring account

Best,
                Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Andy Sisook,

It is my pleasure brother

Best wishes,
                  Dominic.

Comment

Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan Level 1+2 KILLARNEY

My Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

I will be conducting another Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan Level 1 + 2 in October. Here are the details:

Date: October 3rd and 4th 2015
                    Times: 9.30am -5pm (both days)
                    Venue: The Innisfallen suite, Gleneagle hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry
                    Fee: €300.00 Early booking €250.00
                    Payment before the course please via paypal or bank transfer.
                    Nearest airport is Kerry airport with Ryanair (Killarney is 20 minutes by taxi)
                    Cork airport is 1hr 20 minutes
                    Shannon airport is 2 hrs

The course is suitable for complete beginners and for those already practising Tai Chi Chuan within or outside our school.

For seniors a special time will be allocated to Sequence 7.

To apply for acceptance:
                    Please PM or email me- sifujoan@gmail.com- with heading Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan 1+2 October 2015

Have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing many of you in our Emerald Isle!
                    Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

31st Oct & 1st November 2015

My Dear Family,

Another weekend on Introduction to Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan will be held over the Halloween weekend here in Kerry, Ireland

Date: October 31st & November 1st 2015
                      Times: 9.30am -5pm (both days)
                      Venue: The Chinese Therapy Centre, Kilgarvan, Co Kerry (depending on numbers it may be Killarney town)
                      Fee: €300.00 Early booking €250.00

Payment before the course please via paypal or bank transfer. I will send you these details once your acceptance has been confirmed.
                      Nearest airport is Kerry airport with Ryanair (Killarney is 20 minutes by taxi)
                      Cork airport is 1hr 20 minutes
                      Shannon airport is 2 hrs

Many Blessings,
                      Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X