Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Questions on the famous and legendary Seven-Star Set (七星拳)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Sifu, for the fascinating answer.

I already knew Taijiquan, Wing Choon and Praying Mantis were good for small exponents, it is amazing to hear the Seven Star set is even better!

I figured that the Flower Set would be good as I believe Wing Choon was derived from it.

Monkey style I didn't specifically know about, though having seen it used by Nick Jones from London, even though he is forceful and not actually that small, having seen him spar with bigger people I have thought his fighting style would be good for a smaller person against a bigger person.

Comment

The incredible Seven-Star Set on Vimeo

Dear all,

The Seven-Star Set, which will be taught at the Bern course and which is on the CD of Sifu's autobiography is available to watch on Vimeo:
      Seven-Star Set (七星拳) is a not often seen Kungfu Set. It is excellent for the small-sized against bigger, stronger opponents.

After watching the video a couple of times my excitement to learn the Set first hand was lifted up by a hundred times. For those who are familiar with the Dragon Strength Set, you may see some nice aspects of the Dragon in it. I am especially thrilled by the flow of this wonderful Set, the threading palm, the Seven-Star stance and the Seven-Star jump.

What is it what impresses you the most of the Seven-Star Set? Fell free to comment!

Best regards,

Roland
      "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
      Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Ahhhh! Wonderful!

Thanks for sharing.

What is it what impresses you the most of the Seven-Star Set? Fell free to comment!
        The "lightness" of the Set is what stands out for me on first viewing;
        Flowing movements and fast kicks! Looks so much fun to practice and to integrate into one's martial development

On the downside I am now feeling quite jealous of those able to attend this course
        Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
        Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
        Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
        - ancient wisdom

Comment

Thank you, Roland Sihing.

Joko
          开心 好运气
          kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
          open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Originally posted by Luo Lang View Post
            Dear all,

The Seven-Star Set, which will be taught at the Bern course and which is on the CD of Sifu's autobiography is available to watch on Vimeo:
            Seven-Star Set (七星拳) is a not often seen Kungfu Set. It is excellent for the small-sized against bigger, stronger opponents.

After watching the video a couple of times my excitement to learn the Set first hand was lifted up by a hundred times. For those who are familiar with the Dragon Strength Set, you may see some nice aspects of the Dragon in it. I am especially thrilled by the flow of this wonderful Set, the threading palm, the Seven-Star stance and the Seven-Star jump.

Best regards,

Roland
            Please discuss this in a new thread so as to avoid moving the focus away from Sifu's answers. Thanks.
            Sifu Andrew Barnett
            Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
            Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
            Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Seven-Star Set: Question-Answer 6

Seven-Star Set: Question-Answer 6:

Question 6

How would Sifu describe the force generated and used by the Seven-Star Set?
Is it necessary to practice other force training methods separately? If so, which are the best choices to supplement this set?

Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Answer

The force generated and used in the Seven-Star Set is flowing. Sets that also generate and use flowing force include 108-Pattern Yang Style Taijiquan, Flowing Water Floating Clouds Set, Praying Mantis Eight Collection Set, 12 Sequences of Tantui and Flower Set. The Dragon Strength course you attended is excellent to develop flowing force as well as consolidated force, besides many other benefits.

Consolidated force, like that from Triple Stretch and Iron Wire, would be inadvisable. But we in Shaolin Wahnam can change the consolidated force into flowing force. Other kungfu practitioners, including masters, may not be able to do so.

Muscular strength, like that from weight lifting, is detrimental. This means that if one uses muscular strength in apply Seven-Star techniques, it would detract from the effectiveness of the combat application.

It is not necessary but helpful to practice other force training methods separately. In other words, if one practices the Seven-Star Set, correctly of course, he would develop internal force. In the same way, if one practices Taijiquan correctly, without practicing any other force training methods, he can develop a lot of internal force. But if he does not practice correctly, as most Taiji practitioners today do, he will not develop any internal force regardless of how long he may have practiced.

Other force training methods that generate flowing force to supplement the practice of the Seven-Star Set are One-Finger Shooting Zen, Lifting Water and Cloud Hands.

<End>

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 7

Seven-Star Q-A 7

"A treasure in our school never taught so far before,

Offered for those who are ready to develop even more"

Question 7

I recognized that most strikes from the Seven-Star Set comes from the center. For me it seems to be a very advanced kungfu set (like Wuzuquan and Xingqiquan) because it needs good force to make the strikes powerful from the center. But interesingly Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam learned this advanced set when he was a kungfu beginner. Did he realize quite fast that the Seven-Star Set is an advanced art?

The Seven-Star Set seems to have many tactics and strategies. But why doesn’t it have any Dragon-Riding Stance, like in Flower-Set, to attack a stronger opponent from the side?

Sigung, can you please tell us more about my perception and questions? 
Thank you from the heart.

Best wishes

Roger

Answer

While there are many Seven-Star attacks coming from the centre, there are also many that come from a side. It may not be easy for martial artists, including masters, to recognise where Seven-Star attacks come from because not only they are deceptive, the same movement can also be applied to come from any direction.

It is too verbose to explain this interesting strategy in words; one has to attend the Seven-Star course to learn it. This strategy, like many other aspects of our kungfu training, can be beneficially applied in daily life.

The Seven-Star Set is a very advanced art but it may look elementary to the uninitiated. This makes learning the set even more interesting.

Having good force to apply Seven-Star attacks from the centre or from any direction is of course desirable. But even when an exponent does not have good force, his Seven-Star attacks can still be very effective.

This is another interesting point in attending the Seven-Star course. As a great Taijiquan master, Wang Zong Yue, said in his Treatise of Taijiquan, for a stronger exponent to defeat a weaker opponent is natural, but how would a weaker exponent defeat a stronger opponent? This required a sophisticated art.

As I have mentioned earlier, many lessons in our courses can be applied to daily life. If you are in a stronger position — in business, social situations or in any conditions — to defeat your weaker opponent is natural. But if you were in a weaker position, how would you defeat a stronger opponent?

My sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam, was not a kungfu beginner when he learned the Seven-Star Set from his sim, though he was not as advanced in his kungfu attainment or as wise in his experience in his later life. I don’t know whether had had learned other martial arts before this occurrence, but I know for sure he had been following my signup for many years and demonstrating kungfu feats like piercing straws through potatoes and breaking the bottom of bottoms by hitting the opening on top, which he told me were stuntman's tricks.

I did not ask my sifu directly, but I guess he realised quite fast that the Seven-Star Set was an advanced art. He told me, when starting to teach me this set, that this set made his simu, despite her small size, a kungfu expert, and that techniques from this set were excellent in countering Muay Thai attacks, which many martial artists feared.

The Seven-Star Set certainly has many tactics and strategies. It has to be for a set suitable for small-sized exponents to defeat bigger-sized opponents. If a person does not have much money or position but wants to succeed in life where there are many people who have more money and better position than him, he needs a lot of tactics and strategies.

Using the Dragon-Riding Stance as in the Flower Set to attack a stronger opponent from a side is one of many tactics and strategies. Calling it a tactic or a strategy depends on various factors, like the exponent’s intention and his overall mode of operation.

The Seven-Star Set does not use this tactic or strategies because it uses other effective tactics and strategies. It also finds this method detrimental to the general mode of Seven-Star operation. Thirdly, there is an innate weakness in using the Dragon-Riding Stance, but the Seven-Star jump which often replaces the tactic or strategy of the Dragon-Riding Stance eliminates this innate weakness.

The Seven-Star Course is definitely an interesting course where participants learn tactics and strategies not only to defeat bigger, stronger opponents but also to enrich daily life.

<End>

Comment

Dear sigung and sifu. Thank you for your generosity to make this Question and Answear possible. I'm very happy and lucky to visit the seven star set course in Bern
                  shaolin salute Roger

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 8 -- Part 1

Seven-Star Q-A 8 -- Part 1:

Question 8

Both Tai Chi Chuan as well as the Seven Star Set are said to be excellent choices if a physically weaker or smaller person wants to overcome a stronger opponent.

Looking at the Seven Star Set video I get the impression that they both use different strategies to achieve this.

What are their differences and/or similarities in terms of strategy to overcome a stronger opponent?

And related to this: What benefits will our Tai Chi Chuan practitioners get from learning and practicing the Seven Star Set?

Sifu Andrea Zilio

Answer

Yes, both Taijiquan and the Seven-Star Set are excellent for small-sized exponents against bigger-sixes opponents. But they use different strategies to achieve this purpose.

Before explaining the different strategies, it may be worthwhile to point out that Taijiquan is a kungfu style whereas the Seven-Star Set is a kungfu set. There can be many kungfu sets in a kungfu style, and different styles may have a set with the same name, though the sets may actually be different in other aspects.

In our school, for example, Taijiquan has many sets like Cloud Hands Grasp Sparrow, Old Eagle Catches Snake and Flowing Water Floating Clouds. The set called Taming the Tiger is found in styles like Hoong Ka, Choy-Li-Fatt and Northern Shaolin, and they are all different though they have the same name.

As far as I know the Seven-Star Set is found only in Northern Shaolin. It is a very old set, extending back to the Song Dynasty which was about 1000 years ago. Because of its long history, there are different versions of the set, or they could be different sets.

The Seven-Star Set in our school was from my sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. He learned it from his simu, who was a tiny but very combat efficient.

It is interesting to compare the different strategies used in Taijiquan and the Seven-Star Set to combat bigger sized opponents.

Taijiquan makes use of two important principles to minimise an opponent’s force. namely waist rotation and body movement.

Instead of meeting a powerful force head-on, a Taijiquan exponent deflects it away in a circular motion. Suppose a punch with 100 units of force is coming at you. To stop it head-on, you need at least 100 units of force. If you block it away diagonally, by moving your arm you may need 50 units of force.

But as soon as the punch comes in contact with your arm, without moving your arm but rotating your body, you can deflect the punch with only 10 units of force. Not only your waist rotation deflects the punch, you also bring your opponent forward near to you for your counter-attack. This is the principle of waist rotation.

The other important principle is body-movement — without moving your feet. As the punch with 100 units of force is coming, you move your body backward, without moving your feet, by shifting your stance back. You need zero units of force to avoid this powerful punch. You did not block it; you avoid it my moving the target away.

However, the punch is still pointing at you, which may not be favourable. So you also deflect it away as you move backward, in which case you need only 5 units of force, not 10, to do so. This movement of using minimum force against maximum strength is well illustrated in our Pushing Hands.

There are a few interesting points worth mentioning regarding this strategy of waist rotation and body movement.

Taijiquan is said to derive from 13 techniques, which are warding off, rolling back, pressing forward, in contact, taking, diagonally flying, elbowing, anchoring, moving forward, moving back, moving to right, moving to left, remaining at centre. I knew the first twelve, but was puzzled at remaining at centre. Then, in a flash of inspiration, I realised it meant body movement.

“Using minimum force against maximum strength” is best expressed in Chinese as “si liang po jian jin” which means “4 taels against 1000 catties” or “4 ounces against 1000 tons”. One should note that at least 4 ounces are needed; it is not totally without force.

When you use 4 ounces of force against an opponent’s 1000 catties, it does not necessarily mean that you don’t have much force. You may have more than 1000 catties of force, but you choose to use only 4 ounces to defeat him.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 8 -- Part 2

Most interesting, no defense, direct counter.

Seven-Star Q-A 8 -- Part 2

(Continued from Part 1)

The strategy of the Seven-Star Set is different. While Taijiquan strategy may be represented as circular, that of the Seven-Star Set is straight. Straight here does not mean head-on. The movement taken by a Seven-Star exponent may be slightly curve, but its curvature is so slight that it appears like straight.

Suppose a punch with 100 units of force is coming at you from north to south, or from 0 degree to 180 degrees. If you move your defence from 180 degrees to 0 degree, you will meet his attack head-on, and you will need more than 100 units of force to stop it. If you move your defence from west to east, or from 270 degrees to 90 degrees, you will need about 50 units of force to block his attack.

Now you move from 190 degrees to 0 degree. Your movement is not a defence, it is an attack, using the tactic of “no-defence-direct-counter”. No-defence is a misnomer. the defence is incorporated in the counter-attack. Somewhere about half-way your counter-attack will brush off and deflect his attack. You do not block his attack; you brush it off with little effort. You need only about 5 units of force to brush off his 100 units of force, and you hit him at about the time he has completed his attacking movement.

Another strategy used by a Seven-Star exponent is to hit an opponent from a side as he attacks from the front. As his punch of 100 units of force is coming at your from north to south, you move from south to east or west and strike him at the same time. Here you don’t even need 5 units of force for defence; you move the target away from his attack, and simultaneously counter-attack him.

If you look at the Seven-Star Set, the techniques appear linear. This is deceptive. Kungfu is alive — a fact I learned from my sifu in my student’s days. The apparently linear techniques in the set can be used in any direction. It was not without good reasons that my sifu asked me to practice just the seven-star jump every night for many months.

If all other things were equal, I would consider the strategies in the Seven-Star Set even more effective than those in Taijiquan. An obvious advantage is speed. Seven-Star responses are faster than those in Taijiquan. Another element is surprise. A Seven-Star exponent often surprises his opponents, striking them sometimes before they have completed their attack!

Taijiquan practitioners, in fact practitioners of all other styles, can benefit a lot from the Seven-Star course. The mere fact of learning strategies that are different from those prominent in ones style is a great benefit by itself.

The benefit is two-fold. Not only you can apply the different strategies on your opponents, you can handle then well if your opponents use those strategies on you.

A third benefit is that the different strategies enable you to see things from new perspectives. You are not limited to what you have been familiar with. And the new perspective can extend beyond the two different ways for smaller exponents to overcome bigger opponents.

Just as you may have more than 100 units of force but use only 5 units to defeat your opponent, you may have many strategies and perspectives but use only one appropriate strategy or perspective in combat or daily life. This makes you unfathomable — a sure sign of a high-level master. Opportunities for breadth and depth in our school enable us to accomplish this ideal.

More importantly, the Seven-Star course gives us more philosophy, techniques and skills to enrich our daily life.

If someone asks you a question which you may not want to give a direct answer, for example, like asking, “How old are you?”, you may answer it in the Taijiquan way. You can use the strategies of body movement and waist rotation, and then counter attack him, by saying, “Ah! that’s an interesting question. It is not so important how many years you have lived, but how well you have lived those years. I have lived my years very well. Have you?”

Or you can use the Seven-Star way, saying, “I look more youthful than you. Do you practice the Sven-Star Set?”

<End>

Comment

Dear Sifu and Roland,

Thanks for this Q&A on 7 Star Set, what an oportunity to learn more fascinating skills!
                        Daniel Pérez
                        http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Amazing answers and amazing set

Thank you Sifu for your generosity in sharing with us these priceless gems.

Best regards,
                          Claude
                          Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 9 -- Part 1

Seven-Star Q-A 9 -- Part 1:

Question 9

What is the difference between the Seven Star, the Dragon Strength, the Wudang and the Dragon Set?

Anton Schmick

Answer

A good way to compare the difference among the four sets, namely Seven-Star, Dragon Strength, Wudang Taijiquan and Dragon Set, which I presume is the Dragon Form Set, is to use the four fundamental dimensions of a kungfu set, i.e. form, force, application and philosophy.

Regarding form, Dragon Strength is Southern Shaolin, whereas all the other three sets are Northern Shaolin. It is worthy of note that Wudang Taijiquan is a modern name. Initially it was just called Shaolin Kungfu, and to differentiate it from the Shaolin Kungfu practiced at the Shaolin Monastery in Henan, which was called Henan Shaolin, it was called Wudang Shaolin.

It is also worthy of note that we are often known as a school that practices Southern Shaolin Kungfu because in the early years, Southern Shaolin constituted our training material. But now there is a lot of Northern Shaolin in our school.

Most people think of Southern Shaolin as a style with a lot of fist techniques, and Northern Shaolin with a lot of kicks, expressed in the saying, “nan quan bei tui” or “southern fist, northern kick”. This expression is well represented in the first two categories of wushu, namely “Chang Quan” and “Nan Quan”, or “Long Fist” which is Northern Shaolin, and “Southern Fist”, which is Southern Shaolin. The other five wushu categories are “Dao Shu” or “Sabre Techniques”, “Jian Shu” or “Sword Techniques”, “Gun Shu” or Staff Techniques”, “Jiang Shu” or “Spear Techniques”, and “Taijiquan” or Tai Chi Chuan.

But, contrary to popular belief, there are also many Northern Shaolin sets where kicks are not prominent. In the three Northern Shaolin sets above, kicks are prominent in Seven-Star, but not in Wudang Taijiquan and Dragon Form.

What many people do not realize is that Southern Shaolin represents the latest development of Shaolin Kungfu. In Dragon Strength, force training and combat application, the two pillars in kungfu training, are incorporated into the set, whereas in Seven-Star, Wudang Taijiquan and Dragon Form, the three sets comprise only of combat application.

Hence, practitioners who practice Dragon Strength can develop internal force, whereas practitioners of the three other sets have to practice supplementary force training methods. This is probably the reason why today those who practice Southern Shaolin for a long time have internal force, though they themselves may not realise it, and those who practice Northern Shaolin and internal arts like Taijiquan, Baguaquan and Xingyiquan for a long time still do not have internal force.

This situation applies to most other kungfu practitioners. Our students are different. Because all our training is triple cultivation, by practicing just the sets and without supplementary force training methods (which does not mean that they are not useful as an addition), our students can develop quite a lot of internal force. Practitioners of Taijiquan and other internal arts are supposed to have this result, but because they do not know the underlying philosophy and do not have the necessary skills, they do not have internal force irrespective of how long they may have practiced.

Relatively, the internal force in Seven-Star, Wudang Taijiquan and Dragon Force is flowing, whereas that in Dragon Strength is consolidated. This is mainly because of the two sessions of “ta chong” or “force training on stance” at the beginning of Dragon Strength.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 9 -- Part 2

Seven-Star Q-A 9 -- Part 2

(Continued from Part 1)

Due to the magic of chi flow and the great advantage of breadth and depth, our students can practice any additional force training methods. But most other practitioners do not have this benefit. They may cancel their force if they practice opposite methods.

For example, if they practice Seven-Star but add triple-stretch force training, or if they practice Dragon Strength but add lifting water force training, their result will be detrimental because they use opposing methods that cancel each other. But if our students do the same things, their result will be enhanced. Other people may find it hard to believe, and some may be angry. As I have often said, that is their business, but I am stating the truth.

In our school all the four sets can be applied in any type of combat, including by small-sized exponents against big-sized opponents, or reversely by the strong against the weak. This is because we can adapt our style to existing combat situations. More significantly, our practice of these knife sets will also enable us to enrich our daily life.

These wonderful benefits, however, may not be applicable to most other practitioners. Most of them do not know the combat application of the sets, except perhaps some simple and obvious ones in Dragon Form. Most of them would not be able to enrich their daily life with these sets.

Relatively, Seven-Star is most suitable for the small-sized and weaker opponents against the bigger-sized and stronger opponents. In daily life, Seven-Star practitioners can also apply the same principles with appropriate actions in situations where they are physically, economically or socially weaker.

Dragon Strength is the most suitable when opponents are of equal or inferior size and strength. In daily life Dragon Strength exports can apply the same principles in situations where they are in superior positions.

I suddenly had a realization why the Dragon-Strength Set was suitable for the superior against the inferior. It is because the training of the Dragon Strength Set makes you superior to your opponent, even when you are smaller in size.

This is achieved in making you more powerful and faster, particularly with the training of dragon-force and dragon-speed. As a result of practicing the Dragon Strength Set, you will be more powerful and faster in combat as well as in daily life.

Would Dragon Strength be a disadvantage if your opponent is more powerful and faster than you, like meeting a high-level master in combat or a highly effective person in daily life? No. the serving movement of Dragon Strength will help you to minimize your de-facto inferiority.

The philosophy of Seven-Star is for the small and weak against the big and strong. Its special features are the organ0seeking kick,the seven-star jump and the seven-star grip.

Would a big-sized exponent be at a disadvantage when compared to one who is small-sized. If all other things were equal, it would be a disadvantage because a big-sized person would not be as agile. But other things are not equal. If the big-size person is equally agile, it would not be a disadvantage.

On the other hand, irrespective of an exponent’s size, using muscular strength would be a disadvantage. The Seven-Star Set works well when flowing force is used.

All the other three sets take the form and spirit of the dragon. A prominent feature of the dragon form is swerving movement. A prominent feature of the dragon spirit is presence of mind. Hence, regarding philosophy, a specula feature of Seven-Star is agile, whereas that of the three other sets is serving movement.

All these four sets are marvellous. If a practitioner has a chance to learn even only one of these sets, it is a marvellous opportunity. Of course, it is not just learning their outward form, but also their force training, application for both combat and non-combat purposes, and their philosophy.

<End>

Comment

Seven-Star Q-A 10

Seven-Star Q-A 10

Question 10

The Seven-Star Set is suitable for smaller opponents.

What benefits would a taller guy like I am gets from learning it?

Then in one of your Q/A series I read about Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam teaching another Set to one of the Sultans of Malaysia as part of his training. How and in which sense can the training of a Kungfu Set be regarded as a form of high level Chi Kung? 

Jan

Answer

While the Seven-Star Set is excellent for small-sized exponents against big-sized opponents, it is not disadvantageous for those who are big-sized except one factor, and that is agility. Big sized-exponents are generally not as agile as those who are small-sized.

Agility is an important factor for the Seven-Star Set. It contributes greatly to Seven-Star being a very formidable set. But if big-sized exponents can develop agility, like practicing the seven-star jump, and as they also know the techniques that small-sized opponents can use on them, the Seven-Star Set becomes an advantage not only in combat but also in daily life.

Big-sized exponents will then have the advantages of sides. They have their natural advantages of being big-sized, and they also have the advantages of being small-sized from the Seven-Star Set.

For example, to fight against an opponent of 500 units of force, an ordinary exponent needs 500 units of force. But using techniques from the Seven-Star Set he can defeat his opponent using only 100 units of force.

If Peter has only 200 units of force, he cannot use ordinary techniques to defeat Paul who has 500 units of force. But if Peter uses Seven-Star techniques, he can defeat Paul though he has only 200 units of force.

Now John also has 500 units of force. Using ordinary techniques, John will be evenly matched with Paul. But if John uses Seven-Star techniques, not only he can defeat Paul, he can also do so more easily than Peter does.

My sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam taught one of the sultans of Malaysia the Shaolin Pakua Set. Normally the Shaolin Pakua Set is performed fast, like many other Shaolin sets.

But my sifu made some modifications when teaching the sultan this set. Not only he taught the sultan to perform the movements of the set slowly and gracefully, he also taught the sultan how to generate an energy flow, which gave the sultan good health, vitality and longevity.

The secret is not the movements of the set, but using the movements to generate an energy flow. It is the energy flow that gives a practitioner good health, vitality and longevity, not the set. In the same way it is the cash flow that gives a person a comfortable economic life, not the job he does.

My sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam, taught me the secret. Later, another of my four sifus, Sifu Choe Hoong Choy of Choe Family Wing Choon, also taught me the same secret using Siu Lin Tou, the fundamental set of Wing Choon Kungfu.

Our students in Shaolin Wahnam are very fortunate. Now I transmit the secret to them, so that irrespective of what kungfu sets they practice, including the Seven-Star Set, they are able to generate an energy flow to have good health, vitality and longevity.

<End>

Comment

Working...
                                X