Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Questions on Cosmic Breathing

Dear family,

I am pleased to announce that Sifu offered another Q/A series on the Art Of Cosmic Breathing! Enjoy to ask relevant questions!

All the best to everyone,

Roland
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Wonderful News! :-)

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Another amazing opportunity for learning! Thank you Sifu for always sharing so much with us. Thank you Roland Siheng for starting this incredible thread. I am sure that answers will be absolutely fantastic. :-)

Dear Sifu, I would kindly ask: In which way/s has Cosmic Breathing contributed to your attainments and development in the 3 hallmarks (combat efficiency, internal force and spiritual cultivation) of Shaolin Kungfu?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Dear Sifu,

Is it beneficial to train yourself to use cosmic breathing informally as a breathing mode at any time or place?

What if the environment is negative? for example in a sewer at midday? would you take in more negative energy or would it protect you?

Thank you Sifu and Roland

Best

Jas

Comment

Thank you Roland sipak for this thread. They are so great!

Dear Sigung,

Thank you for inviting these questions on Cosmic Breathing

Please could you discuss the similarities and differences between Cosmic Breathing and the Transcendental Big Universe?
        With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

Dear Roland,

Thank you for starting this thread and giving the Wahnam family the opportunity to ask questions about Cosmic Breathing.

Dear Sigung,

A. Is Cosmic Breathing used primarily to fulfill spiritual aspirations and expand into the Cosmos?

B. When one expands into the Cosmos and returns back to the Dan Tian, does the practitioner gain even more energy from spending time in the Cosmos? Personally, I feel that after I merge with the energy of the Cosmos, I pull extra cosmic energy back to my Dan Tian on the return.

C. What are the benefits of Cosmic Breathing for everyday life in the mundane world?

Thank you,
          Stephen

Comment

Thanks Sihing once again.

Dear Sifu,

- Is Cosmic Breathing primarily a health recovery practice, a vitality practice or a spiritual practice?

- What advice do you have for integrating Cosmic Breathing into their training schedule for the (i) fresh beginner, (ii) intermediate and (iii) advanced student.

Shaolin Salute,
            Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
            Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
            Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
            - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Sifu,

In Sifu's Q and A series about the 18 Jewels, Sifu wrote the following:

Four Gates is like the kungfu counter-part of 18 Jewels, and Triple Stretch the kungfu counter part of Sinew Metamorphosis. LINK
              I don't know if this is a general description of these arts or if Sifu was using these comparisons to make the answers regarding different types of chi flow more clear. In either case, if the comparison was general or meant specifically to highlight the answer about chi flow(or both), what would be the kung fu counterpart of Cosmic Breathing?

Sincerely,

Mark Blohm
              少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Thank you, Siheng, for another golden opportunity!

Thank you, Sifu, for answering our questions!

From all the wonderful arts we practice Cosmic Breathing is the most outstanding to me.

Whenever someone doubts the art of Bigu (not taking in food at all), I tell him that I did not breathe for about 10 minutes at an Intensive Chi Kung course with Sifu. So, when even breathing (as conceptualized by modern terms) is not necessary, why should the far less important need of eating be?

Now, I’m coming to my questions:

- Sifu, is it possible to “cosmic breathe” underwater? If so, how does being underwater affect Cosmic Breathing?

- Is it theoretically possible and advisable to keep “Cosmic Breathing” all day long, while staying in the phenomenal world?

- Can Sifu please tell us any interesting stories about past masters’ achievements in this incredible art?

I am looking forward to all the answers.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,

Leo
                Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Dear Sifu ,

The techniques of either Shaolin Sinew Metamorphosis or Taoist Small Universe-Medical Big Universe can be used to operate the skill of Cosmic Breathing : if all things are equal , which technique is a better choice or perhaps a combination of both techniques ?

In the same vein , which technique is better to fascilitate a progression from Cosmic Breathing to Merging with the Cosmos ?

Thank you very much Sifu and Roland .
                  Damian Kissey
                  Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                  www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Dear Sifu,

When I started with Zhan Zhuang I deligently followed your advice, to relax and to be focused. After I reached a certail leven my mind would not only be focused on my Dantian anymore but being everywhere.

Later in Finale Ligure you told me about the focus mode and the Cosmos mode. Can you please explain the process behind starting with the Fokus mode and ending up unintentionally in the Cosmos mode?

Then I would love to learn how the Cosmos mode in Shaolin Kungfu would differ from the Expansion mode in Xingyiquan physically, energetically as well as on the mind level?

Thank you for taking your time to answer our questions!

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Last Question!

Here comes if I am correct the last of ten question, which my student Marc-Andrin asked:

Dear Sigung,

Could you please tell us more about the abdominal Dantian and its in our school very obvious importance and function and compare it to the funtion and importance of other Dantian like Ming Men, Hui Yin, Bai Hui etc.

Thank you in advance Sigung for answering my question generously!

Comment

Uff. I'm a bit too late I guess... Maybe Sigung answers it as well.

Dear Sigung,

Seemingly one does not necessarily need to eat neither drink (do you?) nor breathe. Why do most animals then do need to do those three things to survive. Isn't' it easier to just breathe cosmically rather than care about getting sufficient food all day long etc?
                        When in the mothers womb you don't breathe either, but pulsate with the cosmos. So why gets this connection cut and we start breathing?
                        Is there any lifeform exept humans which do or can do "cosmic breathing" (in a wider sense)?

Greetings and thanks
                        Franz

Comment

Dear Sigung,

I recall from your teachings that Cosmic Breathing is an important stepping stone to the Small and Big Universe.

If all things are equal, what are the stages of development one goes through while practicing Cosmic Breathing?

When in these stages of development does the students need for Cosmic Breathing begin to transition to the readiness for Small Universe?

Thank you Sigung for your generosity with your wisdom and teachings.

With Shaolin Salute,
                          David
                          Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Originally posted by Luo Lang View Post
                            Here comes if I am correct the last of ten question...
                            Franz & David and others,
                            Could you respect the Grandmaster and stop asking questions?

Keep on smiling,
                            Anton.
                            Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                            Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                            http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                            http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                            http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post
                              Franz & David and others,
                              Could you respect the Grandmaster and stop asking questions?

Keep on smiling,
                              Anton.
                              Dear Sisook,

I have nothing but respect for Sigung, it kind of stings that you would think otherwise. I did not realize that I was not allowed to post a question any longer.

My apologies...

Respectfully,
                              David
                              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
                              X