Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing q&a

Hi everyone,
    Apologies, I've been out of action for a while.
    Coming back to earth after Dragon Strength plus my dear father has been visiting me in Oz for the last 6 weeks, and its been wonderful. First time we have spent this long together since I was a boy, so very special time for us

What an amazing Q&A, wonderful questions and am very intrigued to read Sifu's Answers.

I am also very interested to understand the differences between the variety of ways in which we as humans feel the divine flowing within our body's, hearts and minds.

Our wonderful Sifu has allowed us to experience this in MANY different, profound and (direct) ways through his generous and beautiful teaching.

With my very basic level of understanding sometimes things can get blurred with regards to what I am feeling, how I am feeling it and where its coming from.
    Thus generally I tend to just let go and enjoy allowing the universe to flow through me rather than trying to grasp hold of or understand it.

However is this correct ?

For Example: Practicing Chi Kung with my Dad and experiencing Chi Flow together has been at times (profound, beautiful and expanding) once feeling suddenly like a Cosmic Shower running into and through the both of us. However at some point being difficult to understand where it was flowing from ie top to bottom, bottom to top, round and round, inwards to outwards or out to in, as one was simply enjoying being.....

Maybe it was it instead a wonderful Chi flow blessing of AWESMONESS from the Divine for us both

Either way it was a fabulous thing.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the Q&A

Deepest love and respect

Seán

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I would like to share an experience rather than ask a question.

During standing meditation just now, I had a flash of inspirational experience that blessings are always there, ready to permeate our soul and cascade down onto us like in Cosmic Shower. Sigung mentions this all the time - God's blessing is for everyone, but those who tense physically, mentally and spiritually block themselves from His Grace.

It's one thing to hear this wisdom. But it's another thing to experience it as I just did. I "saw" my energetic blockages repelling alway the divine blessings. I don't know why. After that experience, I spontaneously allowed myself to go into a gentle Cosmic Shower and saw my energetic garbage wash away allowing divine energy through.

It was quite emotional as I felt some karma cleanse. And yes, this experience was triggered by Dragon Strength.

Thank you,
      Stephen

Comment

Dear all,

Thank you for the questions! We have got now 10 questions and can happily wait now for Sifu's answers!

All the best,

Roland
        "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
        Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Dear all,

Thank you for the questions! We have got now 10 questions and can happily wait now for Sifu's answers!

All the best,

Roland

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Originally posted by Luo Lang View Post

Roland
            Thanks Brother for letting this thread happen.

The questions are indeed all wonderful, simply because the Art is wonderful, and our Sifu/Sigung is a wonderful Master. Unbeatable logic

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Question:
              If I say that they surrender themselves to God (let go), relax, and let God guide them, is it the same as relaxing and letting go? Can chi be directed by a higher, universal self, God? Is it true that when we do our chi flows, God is showering His love and blessings on us?

Answer
              Yes, surrendering themselves to God, relax and let God guide them is the same as relaxing and letting go. Chi can be directed by God. Enjoying a chi flow is like receiving the love and blessings of God.
              Indeed, that is actually what we do in Cosmic Shower. We open ourselves and let the grace and blessings of God flow through us.
              God is all compassionate. He gives His blessings to everybody. Then, why many people are sick and suffer? Don't blame God. It is they who close themselves and block the blessings of God. Cosmic Shower is an excellent chi kung exercise to open the blockage and let the blessings of God flow through.
              Wonderful indeed!

Comment

We do indeed block ourselves!

This reminds me of what Buddha said:

"I have looked deeply into the state of mind of unhappy people and have seen hidden under their suffering a very sharp knife. Because they don’t see that sharp knife in themselves, it is difficult for them to deal with suffering.”

Comment

Cosmic Shower -- Question-Answer 1 -- Part 1

The journey begins with a wonderful question of my Bro Mark:

Question 1

When we practice arts like Cosmic Shower, we gain cosmic wisdom, whereas many of those who have renounced the world to dedicate their lives to attaining cosmic wisdom do not gain such wisdom.

Considering this situation, how should we in Shaolin Wahnam perceive those who have renounced the world yet seem to generally lack such high level experiences that we often attain even in regional courses conducted by Sifu? After all, it seems they ought to be the leaders in spirituality, yet our practice is much more cost effective.

Sifu Mark Blohm

Answer

Thanks for pointing out this important fact, though others outside our school may think we are boasting and some may become angry. Irrespective of what others may or may not believe, it is true that when we practice advance arts like Cosmic Shower, Cosmic Breathing, and Merging with the Cosmos even at our regional courses, we gain cosmic wisdom, whereas many of those who have renounced the world to dedicate their lives to attaining cosmic wisdom do not gain such wisdom.

The truth of this statement can be readily verified by those who have direct experience of cosmic wisdom as a result of practicing our advanced arts. By extension we also know that many of those who have renounced the world in order to gain cosmic wisdom have not succeeded.

Many people outside our school may ask, often indignantly, how do we know we have gained cosmic wisdom, and how do we know these other people have not gained cosmic wisdom as we are not them.

It is like asking how do we know we have internal force or can generate an energy flow, and how do we know other people do not have internal force or do not generate an energy flow.

We know we have internal force and can generate an energy flow from direct experience. In other words, we know we have internal force because we have internal force. We know we can generate an energy flow because we can generate an energy flow.

To confirm our knowing, we can perform what those with internal force or who can generate an energy flow are believed to be able to perform. For example, we are more powerful than those who are bigger sized than us. This is due to our internal force. We can overcome injury and illness without taking medication. This is due to our ability to generate energy flow.

We know others do not have internal force or cannot generate an energy flow because their speech and action indicate so. For example, if they say that internal force is based on body mechanics, we know that they don’t have internal force because internal force is not based on body mechanics. If they have been practicing chi kung exercise for many years and are still weak and sick, we know that they cannot generate an energy flow because energy flow will make them strong and healthy.

It is the same with cosmic wisdom. If we have cosmic wisdom, we know it. Just like if we have a car, we know we have a car. We also know others do not have cosmic wisdom from the way they speak and act.

What is cosmic wisdom? For those who have cosmic wisdom, they don’t have to ask the question. Just like those who have internal force and can generate an energy flow don’t have to ask what internal force is, and how to generate an energy flow. These terms – cosmic wisdom, internal force and energy flow – are self-explanatory. Cosmic wisdom is wisdom of the Cosmos, internal force is force that is internal, and energy flow is energy that is flowing.

But for those who may not have cosmic wisdom, it is helpful to elaborate on its meaning. Cosmic wisdom is different from ordinary knowledge and worldly wisdom. Knowing that you can quench your thirst by drinking water is ordinary knowledge. Knowing that your chance of having your leave approved is better when you ask your boss while he is happy than while he is angry is worldly wisdom.

Understanding and appreciating that goodness will bring goodness, that your real being is your spirit, that you body is changing all the time, that you spirit can expand beyond your body, that mind can material events, that our phenomenal world is an illusion, is cosmic wisdom.

Hence, when someone says that his mind is his brain, or that the physical world is objectively real, we know he does not have cosmic wisdom. When someone acts that his body is all he is, or that events cannot be changed by thoughts, we also know he lacks cosmic wisdom.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Cosmic Shower -- Question-Answer 1 -- Part 2

Cosmic Shower -- Question-Answer 1 -- Part 2:

(Continued from Part 1)

How should we perceive those who lack cosmic wisdom, especially those who have renounced the world to obtain it but fail? We pity them, without being arrogant. At the same time we are humbly grateful that we have the golden opportunity to benefit from cosmic wisdom.

We offer to help them if they are deserving, but we recognize their right to practice the way they think is best for themselves. If they are stubborn or disrespectful, we do not want to waste our time on them.

Some of them, like teachers and elderly members, ought to be leaders in spirituality. We show them due respect. We know, but do not overtly mention it, that their spiritual development is not high despite their high status in the spiritual communities.

Why do we, despite being in a chi kung and kungfu school and not a spiritual cultivation centre, have such high spiritual attainments whereas even those who have renounced the world for spiritual cultivation do not?

We are clear about what spiritual cultivation is, and differentiate it from moral education and religious devotion. Many others are confused over these three different, though related, disciplines.

Spiritual cultivation is self-explanatory. It is cultivation of the spirit, also know as soul, mind, heart, psychi or consciousness in different cultures.

A highly spiritual person is usually but not necessarily morally upright. Black magicians are a good example of those who have cultivated their spirit to a high level but may not practice high moral values. On the other hand, a morally upright person may not believe in the spirit, he believes that his present life in this phenomenal world is all that is.

A highly spiritual person may or may not be religious. Modern psychics are a good example of those who have cultivated their spirit, or consciousness, to a high level but may not believe in any religion. On the other hand, religious people may not have attained a high level of spiritual cultivation. They are often afraid and depressed, which shows that their spirit is weak.

All our training involves triple cultivation, i.e. cultivating the physical body, cultivating energy, and cultivating the spirit. We place much emphasis on the mind or spiritual level, which explains why we have such wonderful results in a relatively short time. We start all our training with smiling from the heart, which sets our spirit free. We have presence of mind throughout our training. And we conclude our training in standing meditation, which is a training of the spirit. Our training gives us a lot of energy and clarity of mind, which are very important in spiritual cultivation that leads to cosmic wisdom.

Most other people, including those who have renounced the world for spiritual cultivation, do not have such wonderful training. They do not have the benefit of triple cultivation. Many spiritual cultivators are sick and in pain. They do not know how to generate energy flow to overcome their sickness and pain. They do not know how to develop internal force from energy training to strengthen and enhance their spirit.

Many spiritual cultivator practice sitting meditation in their training, but they do not realize that they merely sit in a lotus position without developing their spirit. Indeed, many of them become dull and depressed instead of being fresh and alert, which is the basic requirement to train their spirit.

Many spiritual cultivators are confused over knowledge and attainment. They read a lot and may have much knowledge on spirituality, or religion, but achieve little in practical attainment.

Our cosmic wisdom gives us a lot of benefits not only in spiritual cultivation but in our daily life. Our cosmic wisdom enables us to perceive things in ways ordinary people may not perceive. Our being relaxed, peaceful and happy, the basic benefits of our spiritual cultivation with cosmic wisdom, enables us to have better results no matter what we do.

<End>

Comment

Both humbling and wise

WSS,
                      Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                      Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                      Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                      - ancient wisdom

Comment

Wonderful

Best wishes
                        Mark

Comment

For want of a better phrase --- truly cosmic answer.
                          Sifu Andrew Barnett
                          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 2 -- Part 1

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 2 -- Part 1:

Question 2

Can Sifu please tell us more about the origins of Cosmic Shower?

How has Sifu learned or attained the skill of Cosmic Shower?
                            -
                            Is the Cosmic Shower learned at the course the same like we do it at the end of our Small Universe practice?

Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Answer

Cosmic Shower, known as “Opening of Five Flowers” is a very advanced Taoist chi kung exercise. It is performed while sitting in a lotus position, and is usually for spiritual cultivation.

I did not learn Cosmic Shower from any of my sifus, but read about it in Taoist Chi Kung classics. I also read about the necessity for a healer to cleanse himself of negative chi which he might have picked up from his patients, and also to replenish himself if he channels much chi to his patients.

In my early years of healing I used to flick my fingers, like flicking off water and unlike Flicking Fingers of Sinew Metamorphosis, after healing work. I usually replenished myself by performing “Lifting the Sky”. It was much later that I used “Lifting the Sky” or “Carrying the Moon” to induce a cosmic shower to cleanse myself.

Except in One-Finger Shooting Zen, my chi flow was little when I learned “Lifting the Sky” and other Lohan Hands from my sifu, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. Earlier when I learned from Uncle Righteousness and Sifu Chee Kim Thong, I had no concept of chi flow.

Even in One-Finger Shooting Zen, the chi flow was different from the concept of chi flow in our school. Now when we talk about chi flow, we think of our body swaying gently, and sometimes vigorously. In One-Finger Shooting Zen, it was more of internal force, but the internal force was flowing. I had the concept of chi flow in One-Finger Shooting Zen much later, when I had started teaching chi kung to the public.

My first experience of chi flow inside my body, a sensation of electric current flowing along my arms, was from a set of mobile chi kung I learned from a chi kung master in Alor Star where I taught for a few years as a school teacher. I cannot recall his name now. He was very impressed with my Shaolin Kungfu and proposed to exchange his set of mobile chi kung with combat applications from me.

This came about from a little incidence. He wanted to have some friendly sparring with me, which I gladly accepted as I was still looking for people to spar with at that time. He gave me a low punch, like “Precious Duck Swims through Lotus”, which I stopped with a “taming-hand”.

It was a feint move. He swiftly changed his low punch to a hanging fist, like “Reverse Hanging of Golden Lotus”, striking his back-fist at my face. But I was ready for him. I “thread’ away his hanging fist quite effortlessly, using “Golden Dragon Plays with Water”. I could have hit him, but I didn’t, and he probably sensed it.

I can still remember he was shocked at my spontaneous response. That movement must be his specialty, and he must have expected to hit me.

At that time I had not composed our 16 combat sequences of Shaolin Kungfu. I also had not composed their fore-runners, the 12 combat sequences I taught at Shaolin Wahnam Association in Sungai Petani. If I had, I would have taught him these combat sequences because they are an excellent introduction of combat application. I can’t remember what I taught him, most probably it was some combat applications from the legacy of Wong Fei Hoong.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 2 -- Part 2

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 2 -- Part 2:

(Continued from Part 1)

Although he taught me only one set of mobile chi kung, and I taught him many combat applications, I believed I gained more from this exchange, not because I held back my teaching but because, as far as I knew, he did not make full use of what I taught him.

On the other hand, I made full use of what he taught me. There was no special name for his mobile chi kung set. The set was unnamed. There was also no special name for his type of chi kung. It was just called chi kung. I practiced this set every day, or every night. When I first experienced electric currents flowing along my arms and legs after a few months of daily practice, I was fascinated. It was considered by me then, and my most chi kung practitioners in general, as very high-level. It is just ridiculous that our students now have more powerful results in a few days!

The set consisted of about 36 patterns, but most of the patterns were repeated. The most frequently performed pattern was what we now call “Green Dragon Charges at Face”, but it was performed without any force, not even internal force, and certainly without any muscular strength. Another pattern that was frequently repeated was “Swallow Flies through Clouds”. In fact, I took these pattern from the mobile chi kung set to be included in the Eighteen Lohan Art.

This experience of internal chi flow from the mobile chi kung set later led me to have more noticeable chi flow manifested as swaying and as vigorous movements when I taught the Eighteen Lohan Hands.

As mentioned earlier, when I first learned some patterns of the Eighteen Lohan Hands, I did not feel chi flow. But later when I taught chi kung to the public, I could feel chi cascading down from my head to my feet, especially when I performed patterns like “Lifting the Sky” and “Carrying the Moon”. In my Intensive Chi Kung Course, I taught students to tap energy from the Cosmos, and let the energy cascade down their body. This was the first manifestation of Cosmic Shower.

When organizers requested me to teach more advanced courses, I taught the art of Cosmic Shower. At first it was called Golden Shower because I perceived that the energy coming down from heaven and passing through us was golden in colour.

Riccardo Salvatore told me that “golden shower” had a different connotation for some people. When senior students forcefully placed the heads of junior students in a water-closet, an act of bullying that we strongly oppose, and flashed down the water, it was called “golden shower”. So I changed “Golden Shower” to “Cosmic Shower” as we literally let cosmic energy shower down our body.

I read from classics that blockage was not only physical, but also emotional, mental and spiritual. So, as my teaching methodology progressed, I taught students to clear not only their physical blockage but also their emotional, mental and spiritual ones using cosmic shower.

In a moment of cosmic inspiration, I suddenly realized that God, or whatever term we call the Supreme Reality, is all compassionate, and gives his blessings to all people. If some people do not receive God’s blessings, it is not because God does not give them, but because they block themselves from God’s blessings. Their blockage can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. Cosmic Shower is an excellent way to clear all the blockage. This realization and teaching has benefitted a lot of people.

As I practiced Cosmic Shower, I discovered that cosmic energy not only cleanses but also builds. So the next step in my teaching progression was to teach students to strengthen themselves physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Cosmic Shower and Small Universe are different arts. Both are wonderful. After practicing the Small Universe, practitioners may experience a cosmic shower or other wonderful benefits they have learned from other courses.

If one has not attended a Cosmic Shower course before, it is possible, especially if he is advanced in chi kung training, for him to experience a cosmic shower. Cosmic energy or God’s blessings are there all the time. If he opens himself, he can receive the cosmic energy and God’s blessings.

But by attending a Cosmic Shower course, a student will be transmitted the skills and techniques of Cosmic Shower. He will not only learn a rare and advanced art in just a few hours, but also benefit from my more than 30 years of chi kung development and crystallization.

<End>

Comment

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 3 -- Part 1

Cosmic Shower: Question-Answer 3 -- Part 1:

Question 3

I think that I have attended a Cosmic Shower Course 2 or 3 times since I joined Shaolin Wahnam. I remember that I felt extremely calm, blessed and with a very sharp mental clarity. The funny thing is that, though I have taken this course several times, I don't remember the main hallmarks of this fantastic art.

We are very lucky to have in our school such a wide variety of arts. As the arts that we practice are holistic, it is very hard for me to separate the benefits into different categories. For example, practicing stances makes me feel very happy, I can also feel an extreme mental clarity and, at the end, I feel stronger at all levels.

In Bone Marrow Cleansing, at the bone marrow level, I also feel very cleansed and stronger at all levels. From my experience, Sinew Metamorphosis has also been very spiritual, makes me feel very strong and with an extreme mental clarity that connects me with everything that is. I also experience these same wonderful benefits with my Taijiquan solo practice.

Maybe my ignorance is caused by my level of development and I cannot see or appreciate yet the main differences between these arts.

May you explain the main benefits/hallmarks of practicing Cosmic Shower? How does this art differ from other arts like Sinew Metamorphosis, Bone Marrow Cleansing, Stance Training and Small and Big Universe?

Santiago

Answer

Like many other students in our school, it is very modest of you to attribute your ignorance to your low level of development. But the fact is that like most students in our school, you are neither ignorance nor low in your developmental level.

We must, of course, not let this fact make us arrogant. While realizing this fact, we still remain humble.

I do not make a statement, especially a statement of fact, wildly. I alswys substantiate my statement.

Compared to most chi kung and kungfu practitioners, including some masters, you are very knowledge. You level of development is also high.

You know many essential aspects of chi kung and kungfu that many practitioners do not. You know, for example, that the essence of chi kung is energy flow, that a practitioner must be in a chi kung state of mind to practice chi kung, and why practicing chi kung contributes to health, vitality and longevity.

In kungfu, you know the most fundamental purpose of kungfu is combat, that good kungfu contributes to good health, and great kungfu contributes to spiritual development. You know that while actual fighting is rare in our modern law-abiding society, practicing a martial art is beneficial as it enriches our daily life.

These aspects are not only important, they are essential. This means that if a chi kung or a kungfu practitioner, irrespective of whether he is a student or a master, does not know these facts, his practice becomes meaningless or deviated. This is a main reason why today much of chi kung is meaningless, as it is no longer an art of energy, and much of kungfu is meaningless as it is no longer an art of combat. Chi kung has deviated to become gentle physical exercise, and kungfu has deviated to a demonstration to please spectators or a generous exchange of blows.

More important than theoretical knowledge is practical attainment. In chi kung you can generate an energy flow, tap energy from the cosmos, direct energy to wherever you want in your body, and even expand beyond your physical body. You have cleansed off a lot of negative emotions, have become grateful and caring, peaceful and happy.

In kungfu you can apply your kungfu techniques for combat, and develop internal force. You use tactics and strategies in sparring. You apply kungfu principles to enrich your daily life.

With such knowledge and attainment, would you call yourself ignorant and your development level low, especially considering that even many chi kung masters today cannot generate an energy flow and do not believe that chi kung can overcome illness, and many kungfu masters cannot use their kungfu techniques for combat and do not believe in internal force? You may, out of modesty or in comparison with genuine great masters, but certainly not when compared with most chi kung and kungfu practitioners today. But we must not allow this fact make us arrogant.

(Part 2 follows)

Comment

Working...
                                X