Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Questions on Cosmic Shower

Dear family,

I am pleased to announce that Sifu offered another Q/A series on the Art Of Cosmic Shower! Enjoy to ask relevant questions!

All the best to everyone,

Roland
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Dear Sifu,

When we practice arts like Cosmic Shower, we gain cosmic wisdom. Whereas many of those who have renounced the world to dedicate their lives to attaining cosmic wisdom do not gain such wisdom. Considering this situation, how should we in Shaolin Wahnam perceive those who have renounced the world yet seem to generally lack such high level experiences that we often attain even in regional courses conducted by Sifu? After all, it seems they ought to be the leaders in spirituality, yet our practice is much more cost effective.

Sincerely,

Mark Blohm
    少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Hello,

It’s me again, always eager to learn more from our beloved Sifu.

- Can Sifu please tell us more about the origins of Cosmic Shower?
      - How has Sifu learned or attained the skill of Cosmic Shower?
      - Is the Cosmic Shower learned at the course the same like we do it at the end of our Small Universe practice?

Sifu, thank you for generously answering our questions!
      Thank you to Roland Siheng for providing the platform for asking!

Best wishes,

Leo
      Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Dear Sifu,

On the Triple Stretch course I remember clearly that Mark B. and I observed during the stance training how you pointed out quite obviously several times that while being in any stance relaxed and focused the energy flows from the Cosmos down the head down the body and arms down the legs into the gound. At the same time one would collect internal force at the abdominal Dantian. We could experience a Cosmic shower in all the stances.

How does this Cosmic Shower differ from the Cosmic Shower we experince at the Cosmic Shower course?

Then Sifu would often mention that the Cosmic Shower is an excellent way to cleanse and strengthen a practitioner on all levels according to one aims. Can you please elaborate the energy process behind and why the Cosmic Shower is so excellent for this purpose?

I would like to also ask you Sifu how and in which sense the Cosmic Shower relate to the realisation of bottom heavy top light or the fact that a practinoner roots himself to the ground while open himself to God's grace and love flowing into him?

Thank you in advance for answering all our questions, Sifu!

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Wonderful!

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

So many amazing opportunities for learning! Thank you Sifu for such an opportunity and thank you Roland Siheng for starting another incredible thread.

I think that I have attended to a Cosmic Shower Course 2 o 3 times since I joined Shaolin Wahnam. I remember that I felt extremely calm, blessed and with a very sharp mental clarity. The funny thing is that, though I have taken this course several times, I don't remember the main hallmarks of this fantastic art.

We are very lucky to have in our school such a wide variety of arts. As the arts that we practice are holistic, it is very hard for me to separate the benefits into different categories. For example, practicing stances makes me feel very happy, I can also feel an extreme mental clarity and, at the end, I feel stronger at all levels. In Bone Marrow Cleansing, at the bone marrow level, I also feel very cleansed and stronger at all levels. From my experience, Sinew Metamorphosis has also been very spiritual, makes me feel very strong and with an extreme mental clarity that connects me with everything that is. I also experience these same wonderful benefits with my Taijiquan solo practice.

Maybe my ignorance is caused by my level of development and I cannot see or appreciate yet the main differences between these arts.

Dear Sifu:

I would kindly ask, may you explain the main benefits/hallmarks of practicing Cosmic Shower? How does this art differ from other arts like Sinew Metamorphosis, Bone Marrow Cleansing, Stance Training and Small and Big Universe?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Energy Direction , Arts and Aims

Dear Sifu ,

In (1) Cosmic Shower , energy in the practitioner generally flows from above to below . In (2)Abdominal Breathing , energy flows in a cycle above -below-above similar to (3) Small Universal Flow . In (4) Cosmic Breathing , energy pulsates to and fro the dantian . In (5) Transcendental Big Universe , energy expands away from the dantian .

For a spiritual cultivator , if all things are equal , aiming to be detached from relative distractions in the phenomenal world below to investigate the heaven above or merge with the Void : are the above arts ( numbered from 1 to 5 ) less to more efficacious in ascending number to achieve the aim ?

Considering that Zen Masters focus their energy or attain no-mind and Taoist spiritual cultivators build and nourish their energy and move their focus from the lower to upper dantians gradually before expanding out of the Baihui above ; Would Cosmic Shower , with the downward energy flow , make us energetically have a downward tendency to the lower dantians ( eg 2-3 inches below navel , hui-yin and yongquan etc ) and hence more attached to and rooted in the phenomenal world ( which is not necessarily bad , depending on one's aim ) ?

Thank you Sifu and Brother Roland .
            Damian Kissey
            Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
            www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Christmas arriving early in February this year when it comes to QnAs

Dear Sifu,

Cosmic Shower is an extremely profound practice, especially when guided under the supervision of a master.

It seems to very deeply cleanse and energise the meridians, with mental and spiritual expansion being one of its hallmarks.

Please can you talk about the history and development of this practice; both your own personal experience and what you know of its uses throughout the history of the internal arts.

Thanks once again to Sifu and to Roland Sihing,
              Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
              Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
              Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
              - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Sifu,

Tonigh, as I was enjoying a chi flow after 10 minuten of Golden Bridge I felt a Cosmic Shower,the Grace of God, flowing right through me. The beauty of it was beyond words.

My question: could I have experienced this if I had solely practised Golden Bridge and never had been taught other Chi Kung exercises and skills such as Cosmic Shower? Or is this beautiful experience the result of your teachings of spread and depth?

I cannot thank you enough for your teachings; besides health, vitality mental clarity and other worldly benefits we also enjoying such beautiful spiritual experiences, by the grace of all your teachings and sacrifices.

Roeland
                www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Sifu,

Practicing Cosmic Shower often leads to experience the presence of the Divine, albeit using an energy visualization method. In my experience the feeling of Cosmic Shower is getting more and more refined over the years, and what was in my earliest stages a real energy shower feeling (feeling of energy) gradually evolved to a very subtle contact with the Supreme or Divine. I have to add that this Cosmic Shower feeling can now be initiated without any technique and without conscious volition as well, but just by standing where I am, relaxed and happy.

Therefore I would like to ask you: what are the differences between God (or the Divine) and energy? What is the relationship between God (Cosmos, Divine, etc...) and energy? Are the development stages described above to be normally expected?

Thank you for your answer dear Sifu.

Maxime
                  Last edited by Maxime; 7 February 2015, 09:32 PM.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Wow, this thread emanates spiritual energy!

Comment

Dear Maxime,

I find your Question so interesting. Thanks.

Sifu have pointed directly to the mind or rather to our Buddha nature. IT will be amazing to hear sifu's answers!

Regards,
                      Yeang

Comment

Those are great questions indeed!

Comment

Wonderful and deep questions!

Eager to read the answers!
                          Daniel Pérez
                          http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

A very nice question of my student Thomas:

Dear Sigung,

Regarding that you teach the Cosmic Shower quite frequently all over the world and also that you mention the Cosmic Shower very often, it seems to me quite obvious, that the Cosmic Shower may be one of your favorite skills. Could you explain why?

Comment

Dear Sigung,

when I practiced Vipassana the instruction was "observe your body sensations from head to toe and from toe to head". After some time this induced a Cosmic Shower.
                              A few years later I took a retreat with a Rinzai Zen group. Here the instructions was "inhale with the Cosmos, exhale with the Cosmos". This induced Cosmic Breathing.

Are Cosmic Shower and Cosmic Breathing different in terms of spiritual cultivation? Is there any relation between Cosmic Shower and Vipassana and between Cosmic Breathing and Zen?

With kind regards,
                              Anton.

P.S: I have discontinued sitting meditation due to cost-efficiency of our Arts.
                              Last edited by Anton S.; 9 February 2015, 03:52 PM.
                              Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                              Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                              http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                              http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                              http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Working...
                              X