Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy of Ho Fatt Nam - 10 Questions to Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Dear all,

As you will have seen in the Announcements Section, Sifu has agreed to teach a fantastic 2-day Chi Kung course in Switzerland in September 2015 titled:

The Legacy of Ho Fatt Nam

hfnwkk.jpg

As Sifu has noted to me, he is most excited to be teaching this course. Sifu has also very kindly agreed to answer 10 questions on this special event. So, ladies and gentelemen, let's have some wonderful questions so that Sifu can amaze us with his awesome answers !
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Dear Sigung,

what are the different levels of skills that derive from One Finger Shooting Zen, Taming Tiger and Thirty Punches? How long does it take Shaolin Wahnam students to reach the skills (assumed they practice as they are supposed to)? How to test the skills? And how is each one of them useful in combat and daily life?

With kindest regards,
    Anton.
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Dear Sihing,

Thanks for this opportunity.

Dear Sifu,

Thanks for sharing the legacy of Sigung Ho Fatt Nam with us!

May I ask:
      • Taming the Tiger, Art of 30 Punches and One Finger Shooting Zen have formidable combat benefits. Many would not believe the internal depths. Please can you tell us about any "A-ha!" moments you had when Sigung transmitted these practices to you? and also how the benefits of these practices transcend combat application?

Shaolin Salute,
      Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
      Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
      Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
      - ancient wisdom

Comment

Excellent questions to kick things off, Anton and Andy. But remember, "The Art of 30 Punches", "Taming the Tiger" and "One Finger Shooting Zen" are only a part of this monumental Chi Kung course!
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Thank you Andrew Siheng,

My question would be: I believe Sigung Ho was formerly a professional Muay Thai fighter (and I wonder if there are any records of how many fights he had and so forth, I wonder if this paid well enough to be his livelihood though this is not the question) and would have had Muay Thai fighters as his students when he started teaching kungfu. My question is did he learn Kungfu after he fought Muay Thai, or had he already started learning kungfu before that? If the latter, did he find the kungfu assisted him in Muay Thai, and if the former, how did the transition occur, did he meet a great kungfu Master and get a demonstration of his skills, or hear about this Master through reputation. And then finally the crux of the question, I wonder how long Sigung Ho had to practise Kungfu before he could reach and surpass his Muay Thai level with his Kungfu level, and how long it would have taken one of his students to do the same?

I am thinking, perhaps Sifu would have to speculate or guess part of the answer above, he may not have specifically ever asked Sigung Ho these questions, I would like to hear what Sifu would speculate, but if Sifu feels it better to answer other questions to which he has more concrete answers I would completely understand.

Also, and I have added this as an edit after re-reading everything, perhaps these questions do not apply so much to chi kung aspects taught in this course specifically, so again if there are more appropriate questions I would completely understand if Sifu answered those instead. To try to make my question into a more chi kung aspect related question, I would ask the same thing except I would ask in terms of chi flow and internal force, how long did Sigung Ho take before the internal force derived from his chi kung made him a more powerful fighter than he had been as a Muay Thai fighter?

I think this will be a very popular course, certainly one I am considering.
          Last edited by drunken boxer; 2 February 2015, 12:25 PM. Reason: Edited to try and relate the question more to chi kung

Comment

Wonderful!

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Another amazing opportunity for learning. :-) Thank you Sifu for always having endless patience and for your tremendous dedication spreading these wonderful arts all over the world. Thank you Andrew Siheng for starting this wonderful thread.

I have been thinking for some time what would my question be. The truth is that one question arose in my mind instantly at first but then I wasn't sure if it was a good question. As it came straight from the heart I have finally decided to ask it:

Dear Sifu, if you were to decide the 5 most meaningful lessons that you have received from Sigung Ho, which ones would they be?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Dear Sipak

Thank you for these wonderful news and for this thread. Many questions came into my mind and I would like to ask the following one:

Sigung kindly once shared with us a teaching of Sitaigung which says that it is important to always have good thoughts; mind thinks, events materialize. This has helped me indeed already a lot and I am very grateful for it. Nowadays I can also feel very quickly and strongly if I am having a bad thought which helps me to correct it then accordingly. Also I start to experience and realize how my thoughts have not only an impact on myself but indeed also on the happenings and people around me. I would appreciate if Sigung could tell us a little bit about the depth and breadth of this teaching.

Thank you Sigung for another great Questions & Answers series and for the wonderful courses you will teach in Bern and Zurich.

Kind regards, Binia

Comment

Thank you, Sifu, for offering such a wonderful course and to ask questions about Sigung Ho.

Thank you, Siheng, for organizing course and for managing this thread.

Here are my questions:

- Can Sifu please tell us more about how training in Sigung’s school was? How many students did Sigung teach and how many people trained together in a class?

- When me met Sisook, Sigungs’s eldest son, recently in Penang he told us that a minimum requirement for beginners was to sit in the horse riding stance for a whole hour. Can Sifu please tell us more about the training procedure and the progression of the students during this initial phase? How does the outcome of this approach compare to our comparatively short, but powerful stance training sessions in regards to immediate and long-term effects?

- We also learned about a technique that Sisook called “sleeping” which is lying between two chairs. Can Sifu tell us more about this technique?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Leo
                Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Sifu,

Can you share with us what Sigung Ho Fatt Nam himself practiced and how he practiced, both as a young man with Sitaigung Yang Fatt Khun and later in his life?

Gratefully
                  Markus Kahila
                  Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Sigung,

I have heard Sigung state previously that Sitaigung Ho was a "Master of Mind".

What were the relative contributions of Sitaigung Ho's (a) personal character, (b) Kung Fu practice and (c) innate capacity for spiritual development that Sitaigung Ho was born with, in achieving the extraordinary level of being a "Master of Mind"?

Are there factors other that the three I have listed that should be be considered when discussing the extraordinary level which Sitaigung Ho achieved? If there are, would SIgung be kind enough to elaborate on them?

Thank you Sigung for this marvellous opportunity to learn about our beloved Sitaigung.

Thank you Sisook Andrew for facilitating this thread.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Sigung,

what did Sitaigug Ho look for in his practice of internal arts?

With kindest regards,
                      Anton
                      Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                      Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                      http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                      http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                      http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Dear Sifu,

You mentioned Sigung Ho replaced sleeping with sitting meditation in his later years. What was his goal? Was he aiming for enlightenment?

Was Sitting Meditation taught to all students in Sigung's school? Or was it reserved for special students?

Thank you in advance,

Sham.

Comment

Enlightenment?

Dear Andrew Siheng,

Thanks so much for organizing such a wonderful event!

Dear Sifu,

Thanks so much for your immense generosity in sharing such marvelous treasures! Did Sigung Ho achieved enlightenment?

Smiling from the heart,
                          Angel
                          [/SIGPIC] Sifu Ángel Pérez
                          Shaolin Wahnam Institute Puerto Rico

"Life becomes more meaningful and beautiful as you work towards the realization of your own innate immortality."
                          - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

"La vida se vuelve más significativa y hermosa según trabajas hacia la realización de tu propia innata inmortalidad."
                          - Gran Maestro Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Dear Sigung, thank You so much for this course. It is a dream come true...

Dear Andrew Sipak, Thank You so much for organizing such amazing event. I am counting down the days to the course...

Dear Sifu, thank You for Your teaching. It gives me possibility to attend this wonderful course

Is Sitaigung one of the Immortals? How does He became one of them? Is it possible that we, in our school, receiving His blessing? Is it any way we can express our gratitude to Him?

With smile from the heart
                            Last edited by Karol; 5 February 2015, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Great bunch of questions

Comment

Working...
                              X