Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Greetings Shaolin Wahnam family!

I think the time has come to introduce myself to everyone in the forum.

I have aver been training with Sifu Tim Franklin for nearly three years now and the Fully Alive team with Sifu Barry Smale and Sifu Mark Appleford.

Firstly i cannot thank the above Sifu's enough for the amazing teachings I have received in the regular classes, weekend retreats. The Shaolin arts have changed my life.

I am now writing this introduction from a little cafe in Georgetown Penang where I have come to meet Sifu Tim and Barry after their amazing Dragon Strength course with our wonderful GrandMaster Wong Kiew Kit.

I took a bus to the Copthorne Orchid Hotel yesterday to meet my Sifu's who I have missed dearly and I arrived very early and decided to have a walk and find somewhere for a quick massage. It took me some time to find a place and when I arrived I only had half an hour or so.

A nice lady invited me in and as I was explaining the little time I had for a treatment, another gentleman appeared from behind a curtain and called me to say my friend is here!

I peered through the curtain to see Sifu Tim all wrapped up in towels drinking ginger tea and having his feet rubbed!

Feeling very sweaty after a long walk I embraced my Sifu in the warm hug I have missed for three months now! (Feeling a little emotional as I write this)

Sifu Tim insists that I relax and take my time suggesting a full hour and a half treatment with reflexology and we can catch up at the pool after.

After my treatment I stroll over to meet Sifu's Tim and Barry who are relaxing by the pool and I feel like we have never been apart.

I should explain now that I left England three months ago to travel Asia and work in Australia without any time limit. I was very sad to leave England and my Sifu's but the training they gave me prepared me more than I could have imagined. And the training became more clear when I entered China! A very challenging country at the best of times!

My first month in China was in a Kung fu school in the Songshan mountains just a few kilometres from the Shaolin Temple.

The Master of this school is Master Wu Nanfang of Wugulun Kung Fu and he teaches a very different style to the wushu styles which most schools were teaching. I spent most of my time there doing stance training and learning a form of Ba Duan Jin. The main difference with this masters style I think is they do not go into self manifested chi movement and so much if my focus in while in this school was in controlling my chi flows. There were one or two occasions where I would explode into a vigorous chi flow and receive a few funny looks from the young students there!

Although the training methods were very different at this school I was lucky to already have the skills of chi Kung state of mind and smiling from the heart and the daily practice was very beneficial. I left the school feeling on top of the world. Without prior training of our Shaolin arts, my experience and results would have been very different.

So back to the swimming pool with Sifu's Tim and Barry. I was overwhelmed to see them again and couldn't wait to tell them about my travels and experiences and to hear how the Fully Alive team are progressing and all about my fellow students back in England who I also miss very much.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see a shimmer of turquoise silk and Grandmaster appears from the hotel across the pool. Sifu's Tim and Barry and me put our T-shirts on faster than lightening and rise to our feet to greet Master.

My day just got a million times better! I was so happy to meet my Sifu's but I wasn't expecting to see Grandmaster himself and I was extremely overwhelmed and feeling very very blessed.

I wished my Sifu's a safe trip back to England and left the hotel feeling full of energy and vitality ready to continue my travels back to Taiwan where I will be spending the next few weeks taking some lessons in Mandarin and finding some Kung fu classes! Sifu Tim has put me in touch with Sifu Mark Blohm in Taiwan so I will hopefully be meeting him in the new year.

i hope I haven't rambled on too much for a first post but I have been a member for a long time and should have introduced myself some time ago really!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I hope to be more involved in the future.

If anyone in Australia would like to meet me for a chat I will be travelling around next year and would love to meet some more of our family so please get in touch.

Best wishes

Ross Parkinson

Dear Ross,

Welcome to the Forum,...
    开心 好运气
    kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
    open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Ross!
      Daniel Pérez
      http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Ross, look forward to hearing of your journey....Joyous travels, Gusty

Comment

Happy Family, Happy Travel and Training

Hi Ross (sijat),

Thanks for the very lovely account and introduction. You are very lucky to have such an excellent sifu, and Grandmaster, and uncles and aunties, and brothers, and sisters...

May you continue to enjoy your training and travels!

Yours,

Sisook Charles
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
          X