Down Syndrome Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down Syndrome Treatment

Hello all. This is Kamal, new member who member who took Healing Course in 2014.
    Would like to get some input in any treatment for baby with Down Syndrome. My sister just blessed with her first baby who have Down Syndrome. She has asked my input. I'm thinking about the exercise to open up energy points and to do it three times daily. Would appreciate for any other advice.

Safety First

Hi Kamal,

Difficult to give you a procedure by internet, as this is a subtle case and deserves "in real" care. Safety first is the one and only rule that counts here.

What I can say nevertheless: be VERY CAREFUL with baby. I would recommand that you do not open any points. Do not directly transmit Chi in the baby, that might be too powerful.

The following procedure is rather safe: enter Qigong state of Mind, Smile From The Heart, then gently and slowly wave your palms above the baby (no direct contact), as if you wanted to gently brush him from head to toe. Do not purposely send chi through your palms (no visualisation), but as you wave your palms just have a gentle and loving thought that the baby will be healthy. Do this 2 or 3 minutes, twice a day.

Do not stop your palms over a specific zone of the baby, but keep them moving.

regards,

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Salute Thank You for the Guidance

Thanks Maxime for the guidance. The procedure suggested is helpful when I visit the baby later at the end of month.
      Just to be clear that I'm exploring something that the parents can do themselves since I'm away from them.

Can the parent do the suggested procedure instead of myself?

The original thinking for opening up the energy point came from my understanding of our Grandmaster teaching in this year Healing course in treating baby in such demonstration where the procedure given to the parent during the demo.

Originally posted by Maxime View Post
      Hi Kamal,

Difficult to give you a procedure by internet, as this is a subtle case and deserves "in real" care. Safety first is the one and only rule that counts here.

What I can say nevertheless: be VERY CAREFUL with baby. I would recommand that you do not open any points. Do not directly transmit Chi in the baby, that might be too powerful.

The following procedure is rather safe: enter Qigong state of Mind, Smile From The Heart, then gently and slowly wave your palms above the baby (no direct contact), as if you wanted to gently brush him from head to toe. Do not purposely send chi through your palms (no visualisation), but as you wave your palms just have a gentle and loving thought that the baby will be healthy. Do this 2 or 3 minutes, twice a day.

Do not stop your palms over a specific zone of the baby, but keep them moving.

regards,

Maxime

Comment

Originally posted by Kamal View Post

Can the parent do the suggested procedure instead of myself?
        Yes, definitely. If they do not know what a Qigong State of Mind is, just tell them to close their eyes for a short while and relax.

Glad that my post coud help you.

Kind regards,

Maxime

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime View Post
          Yes, definitely. If they do not know what a Qigong State of Mind is, just tell them to close their eyes for a short while and relax.
          Thank you Maxime for the guidance. Appreciate it.

Regards,
          Kamal

Comment

I would define the aim of the treatment first.
            (and then follow up with the technique..)
            Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
            Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
            http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
            http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
            http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Dear Anton,

If we go back to the initial post from Kamal we can see that there is actually no realistic nor precise demand from the parents. Down Syndrome is simply a de facto condition, with no treatment provided whatsoever by both Western or Eastern medicines. We can also see that Kamal was unsure about what to do, and he rightly asked for advice. As a baby is involved, extreme care should be exerced in this case.

Therefore, the "treatment" answer is a holistic and a general one, perfectly suitable to any baby. What does a baby - with no specific (treatable) condition - need? Love and energy protection from the parents. The method I describe perfectly fits this underlying (i.e not especially expressed by the parents) necessity. Furthermore, this method will also help the parents themselves to change from a tensed mind to a more relaxed and loving one. The treatment is also for the parents.

To answer your post, here the aim of the treatment and the techniques are ONE. They are not separated. It might not be easy, at first glance, to see the aim of that treatment because it was hidden in the technique itself!

As we can see, an apparantly simple method can turn out to be a very elaborated tool, safe and perfectly suitable for both the parents and the baby.

As a side note, after more than 12 years learning from masters, very skilled therapists and my own experience, I can say that one healer should not get stucked in a rigid mind; although each treatment must be safe and within a classical frame, it is sometimes important to go beyond, to see further, and to be creative.

Maxime
              Last edited by Maxime; 15 January 2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Dear Sisook,

Down Syndrome is simply a de facto condition, with no treatment provided whatsoever by both Western or Eastern medicines.
                What I meant to say was that this simple fact may be known to you and me, but may not be known to the parents.
                Before creating false hopes, I would communicate that.

And to the rest I absolutely agree and find that it is put very well

Anton
                Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post

What I meant to say was that this simple fact may be known to you and me, but may not be known to the parents.
                  Before creating false hopes, I would communicate that.
                  Yes Anton, excellent point that you just mentionned

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X