Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Questions on Dragon Strength :D

Anton S. is offline Sifu Anton Schmick - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Germany

10 Questions on Dragon Strength :D

Dear Family,

I am happy to announce, that Sigung has kindly agreed to answer whole 10 Questions on the Dragon Strength Set.
    This opportunity is very valuable!
    You can find some information on this here and here.

I´d like to use the opportunity and ask the first question.

Dear Sigung,

You have learned so many sets, and have chosen to specialize in the Dragon Strength set.
    While Uncle Righteousness`treasures were "Tiger Crane", "Essence of Shaolin" and "Dragon Strength" you have chosen the last.

1. What made the "Dragon Strength" (in terms of philosophy, tactics, force development and special benefits) Set better compared to the treasures of Uncle Righteousness?

2. After learning from your other Masters, as I understand, you have kept your specialty and modified it accordingly.
    Why did you do so instead of specializing in a set from Sitaigung Ho´s lineage or one from Choe Family Wing Choon?

3. What is the difference between the Dragon Strength Set of Uncle Righteousness and yours?

With kindest regards,
    Anton.
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Luo Lang is offline Sifu Roland Mastel - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
    Dear Sifu,

1. Different styles content different skill features, what are the special skill features of the Dragon style Kungfu?

2. You generously explained me once, that Dragon patterns like Golden Dragon Plays with Water are the most suitable ones to emphasise the training on the mind level though we could if we wish choose any pattern from any other animal as well. Why are Dragon patterns so most suitable to emphasise the training in the mind dimension

3. How can the Dragon Strength set contribute to our Zen or mind training and vice versa?

Thank you very much Sifu!
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Thank you :-)

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Another amazing thread! Really excited and looking forward to read all the questions and answers. :-)

Thanks to Anton Sifu for starting this unique thread. Infinity thanks to Sifu for being always so generous and sharing so much with all of us.

Dear Sifu,

If I am not mistaken I heard you mentioning in St. Valentines Courses that: "Wudang Taijiquan represents the pinnacle of Shaolin Kungfu but Dragon Strength is my pinnacle". I would kindly ask if you could you please explain, why Dragon Strength is your pinnacle?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago
    Last edited by sancrica; 6th October 2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: grammar :-)

Matt F. is offline Sifu Matt Fenton - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam USA
    Thank you Anton and thank you Sifu!!!

Dear Sifu,

What are the main features of Dragon Strength, and how is it different from other types of force? Is Dragon force, as seen in this video from 2004, developed through the practice of Dragon Strength Set? Will this skill be taught during the course?

There are some differences between the old video of Sifu performing the Dragon Strength Set, and the new video of Sifu performing the set. How has the Dragon Strength Set changed with your personal skill development and experience?

Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about this set!!

-Matt

Andy is offline Sifu Andy Cusick - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Thanks Sijat for opening this much-looked-forwards-to series

Thank you to Sifu for this opportunity,

If I may:

- What is the history of the Dragon Strength Set, both general and in particular to Uncle Righteousness' lineage?

- When you first learned the Set, you have stated that you learned it without the internal aspect. However the very name "Dragon Strength Chi Circulating Set" suggests it was specifically developed as an internal exercise. Please can you outline the internal skills originally intended to be crystallised in the Set, and your subsequent rediscovery (or redevelopment) of the internal skills of the Set.

- Is the emphasis of the Set the internal aspect or the combat aspect? or both? and what are the most notable combat advantages of training the Dragon Strength Set?

Best,
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

Dear Anton Sisook,

Thank you very much for starting this thread and facilitating it.

Dear Sigung,

Thank you very much for this great opportunity.

My question: Can you please tell me how one can apply the skill of dragon strength to daily life and business and the benefits that it will bring?

Best wishes,
    Dominic.

Mark CH is offline Sifu Mark Hartnett - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
    Nice thread Anton

Emiko H is offline Sifu Emiko Hsuen - Chief Instructor, SHaolin Wahnam Japan
    Dear Anton,

Thank you for opening and facilitating this thread.

Dear Sifu,

Thank you for your generosity in agreeing to answer 10 questions on Dragon Strength.

I would like to respectfully ask how the Dragon Strength and the Flower Set compare to one another, what their essence are, and if there are any secret aspects to them that can be mentioned or revealed here.

Shaolin salute - with deep gratitude, love and respect,

Emiko
    Emiko Hsuen
    www.shaolinwahnam.jp
    www.shaolinwahnam.ca

ESSENCE OF SHAOLIN
    Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
    4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
    Essence of Shaolin: Dec 4 to 10, 2017
    Small and Big Universe Course: Dec 10 to 14, 2017
    Essence of Shaolin: Dec 14 to 20, 2017
    To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Thank you Sifu Anton for starting this thread!

Dear Sigung,

A) In applying to the Dragon Strength course, Sigung mentioned that my having taken the Small Universe course would be especially useful for Dragon Strength. Could Sigung kindly elaborate?

B) Could Sigung share some personal stories of applying Dragon force in real life?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
    Stephen

Mark Blohm is offline Sifu Mark Blohm - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan
    Dear Sifu,

How can we apply Dragon Strength in various ways when considering how we interact with people from a perspective of hierarchy, like when we are leaders of others(teacher, boss, father, mother, uncle, aunt, etc.), when we are in a group being led by one person or several people(student, employee, son, daughter, nephew, niece, etc.), or when we interact with people on the same or similar level(colleague, husband, wife, friend, etc.)?

Sincerely,

Mark Blohm
    少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit