X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shaolin Journey - Part 10

29/10/2013

Bone Marrow cleansing - Bone Marrow level

I can’t believe how powerful this level can be. I have practiced one session just 2 days ago and I am going through many emotional breakdowns. For some reason I feel incredibly spiritual and many things come alive and touch my spirit when practicing this level. It is an experience that no one would be able to believe unless it is experienced.

I really understand masters now. How can they even describe what the practice of these arts can bring to a human being? It is so hard to explain all the things that I am going through that if I do I never make justice. Language is so limited when trying to describe Shaolin Arts...

I don’t exactly know where I am going to but the force that is leading me is so strong and powerful that I have to let it guide me. It feels very right and natural to do so.

I often wonder where have I been all this time. When I experience extreme mental clarity I understand what living in the now means. I feel alive. Everything feels alive. Shaolin Arts brought me to life again.

These arts never stop amazing me. When I feel so spiritual I can feel how my spirit is cleansing, how it is getting purer. I experience how powerful I am and how much help I always receive. I can feel a deep protection and care all around me.

I have been scared of having all these feelings for a long time. When I was younger I didn’t know anything about being spiritual. All I knew is that I loved life and everyone on it. For some reason, I started to ignore my heart and listen to others instead.

I remember that when I was younger I used to enjoy "Cosmic Showers" quite often. I could feel them coming and I was stopping whatever I was doing so I could receive the miracle with total awareness. I remember that sometimes happened when walking in the street. I was stopping, opening my heart, closing my eyes and enjoying the feeling.

When I learned "Cosmic Shower" with Sifu I found practice very familiar. I was saying to myself: I know this feeling. In fact, it was a big release. It was like coming back home. I finally found a place that nourished and understood that feeling. It gave me answers. It made me understand that it was in fact a blessing to feel all that.

I have always been a very sensitive person. I could feel things very intensely. That lead me to a lot of frustration. I just didn’t know how to manage it. Therefore, I chose to refuse that power. I understand now that power requires responsibility. Being so sensitive almost killed me. If it wasn’t for Sifu, I probably wouldn’t be alive.

I often cry thanking all the people that could understand what was happening to me. Until I arrived to Shaolin Wahnam no one seemed to understand what the problem was. I thought that I was going to go mad.

In Shaolin Wahnam, everything that I was experiencing happened to be so normal and natural that I just stayed. I wanted to stay because this family totally understood what I was going through and knew exactly how to help me.

I always had very high moral values. Watching people around me not following high moral standards usually frustrated me a lot. I could not understand why they could not see that they were hurting others and themselves.

That frustration made me try many wrong things. I felt the pain inside my heart while doing it. I felt the disgrace of going against my heart. I just could not go that way. I had to do good in my life. The high moral standards came with birth. I lost many friends because of that and I now understand what a big blessing was that.

Now I know that my heart was right. I just needed time to understand that I have to always listen and follow my heart. In my heart I can find all the answers. In my heart are all the instructions that I need to be happy and to find a joyful and a meaningful life.

An indescribable force is arising and empowering me to keep going. It is quite painful sometimes but the flow is pushing me so hard that I have to let it lead me.

The more I follow my heart the happier I am. I have discovered that every time that I nourish my heart with things that bring me joy I am feeding this incredible force that it is within me. A new dawn is arising inside.

Bodhidharma.jpg

(Picture taken from Wikipedia)

To be continued...

Comment

Lucky Us

Dear Brother, what a fantastic journey of self discovery you are on

I joined Shaolin Wahnam in 2008 and I have been cleansing ever since, sometimes its harsh, sometimes its gentle, however its been pretty consistent

Who knows where we have come from and what we have brought along with us to work through, however thank heavens we have such amazing good fortune to be part of this family/community and be given such a beautiful gift of this training to assist and support us

Thanks for sharing

Warmest regards

Seán

Comment

:-)

Dear Seán Sidai,

Thank you for your kind comments. :-)

Shaolin Wahnam Family plays such an important part in the healing process... In fact, I feel an incredible and deep bond with many members. This bond is very different to the one that I might have with my family or friends. Trying to describe it does not do it justice at all.

Around 4 years ago I decided to move abroad as it was very difficult to find a job in Spain. I clearly remember that Shaolin Wahnam had to be present in the country that I was about to move. That is why I chose Ireland. I have been very lucky having the chance to train under Sije's (Joan) guidance. My practice went up many levels.

It was then that I truly appreciated the value of having a second family in my life. What a blessing has been to have another wonderful family in my life.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 11

10/11/2013

“There are two ways to do anything: The negative way, and the Shaolin Wahnam way.” - Sifu

I am very happy because today I have discovered that there is still a lot of room for improvement in my life. That shows me how much is still to be done.

It makes me really happy because I now see my mistakes or my defects as an opportunity instead of seeing them as a threat. Before, I used to see my weaknesses as something to be hidden. Now, I am happy that they are arising so I can put solution on them.

This might be what Sifu meant when he encourages us to do anything in the “Shaolin Wahnam way”.

Lately, I have been realising how much harm I have created to myself and how many mistakes I have done in my life. I don’t punish myself for everything that I have done wrong so far. It has been like an “Aha” experience and I forgave myself for my ignorance. I feel that everything makes perfect sense now. I understand why I went straight to that darkness, humid and deep hole that I was immersed in.

It is very interesting to note that I easily got my anxiety arising when things did not happen the way I wanted. I am really aware of it now, how it affects my body when it arises and, more importantly, how to deal with it.

I see my anxiety as a great opportunity for improving my life. Every time that it becomes really high I practice a vigorous chi flow. It is amazing to note how tons of bad thoughts, frustration, anger and sadness leave my body. I still cannot believe how many blockages I kept in me. What surprises me most is that my body was able to cope with them and still do its best in order to maintain my health and life.

My Body is an amazing manifestation of nature that always fight for life even when I wasn’t physically, emotionally and spiritually strong. I feel extremely grateful for the wonderful work that it has done so far. I have now a deeper understanding of the nature's Wu Wei. I see the Wu Wei as the “God’s work”. If it weren’t for the Wu Wei I wouldn’t have been able to make it.

In my practice, I sometimes want to train more Taijiquan or more still chi flows but my body wants to expulse so much rubbish that I just let my body to do what it needs. It is a clear message that is showing in my heart. I follow my heart and then it feels really good.

I have had many changes around my daily life in this year. Many things around me seem to disappear and get far and others suddenly show up or stay by my side.

One of the things that suddenly showed up was my strong faith. It is a faith that moves me deep inside. For the first time in many years I really see the future bright and hopeful.

This year has been a year of realisation, a year of understanding. I was able to see crystal clear all the harm that I made to myself. I found many problems that can finally be solved because I basically know now what the problem is.

I remember Sifu mentioning this in the very first course that I did with him. His approach shocked me as it is not common to have the chance of listening to a genuine master. This words still resonate on me: “if you eliminate the symptoms but no the cause then illness will manifest again”. “If you don’t know what the problem is, how can you fix it?

By then, it made perfect sense but it wasn’t until now that I was able to detect many of the problems and to follow Sifu’s advice. Detecting problems is already part of the solution. It might be very obvious now but it wasn’t by then. That is why I realised how much progress I have done in my life.

I am now able to see in a more clear way and I am able to easily detect when certain things are going to create trouble on me. I haven’t found many people spending proper time on identifying the real problem. That included myself until I attended the 36 strategy course.

Before, I just tried to find an answer to a question but I didn’t question myself if I was formulating the appropriate question, namely the problem. Now, I spend almost as much time identifying the problem as in working on a solution. Surprisingly, I spend less time in total and I am far more effective.

The World is Bright and Hopeful.jpg

(Picture taken from lifeandheartmatters)

To be continued...

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 12

20/11/2013

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule". - Albert Einstein

Today I was watching in the cinema a great movie called “The Butler”. It reminded me to my younger days when I was studying Hospitality Management. One teacher of mine always insisted that: “In order to lead one must first learn how to serve”. I didn’t understand this important advice until many years later.

I have discovered the pleasure of serving others and the enormous progress that I have done in life when doing so. I learned that by serving others they were opening their hearts and sharing with me very meaningful lessons and secrets. I have discovered that they learn trust me and, as a show of their appreciation, they become more generous with me.

Hospitality has brought a lot of benefits into my life. I remember that, after finishing my studies, the school offered me some in-training in one of the most luxurious hotels in London. I was incredibly excited with the opportunity as I saw myself being a great General Manager in a very short time. I used to often joke with my friends that I was born to lead.

When I arrived to the hotel, I was meant to work in the housekeeping department. My duties were basically to clean toilets, keep the common areas clean and tidy, refill stock in the storerooms and bring anything that guests needed in their rooms.

I must confess that I was incredibly disappointed. I had been studying really hard. How could they just keep me doing those tasks? I was meant to become a great General Manager! I was even getting paid less than people working there doing same job. Those people had no studies at all. I just thought that I was incredibly unlucky. As many times in life, what I thought it was a bad stroke of luck just turned out to be one of the most meaningful and enriching experiences that I had.

I found out that those co-workers were actually incredible people and with very big hearts. I learned how to connect with people by serving them. I learned how to be humble and how to bring benefit into my life by doing common and basic tasks.

Because of that experience, I have never had any issue or problem when sharing flat or house with anyone. I learned how to enjoy doing my duties at home and doing them with honor, pleasure, appreciation and love for others.

I learned that by serving others a lot of people have welcomed me into their lives. I gained their trust really fast and they never had to get upset and argue with me for having to complete unpleasant tasks.

Kung fu culture has brought me a lot of benefits. It is in Ireland, under Sije’s guidance, that I have realised how much one can benefit by serving others. I found countless lessons and it turned out to be a life changing experience that has been with me ever since.

When serving others, I was fascinated by the way they were opening their hearts. They were sharing with me a lot of secrets of their success and many important and meaningful advices and lessons that have prevented me from making same mistakes.

Not long time ago I realised that learning from mistakes it is smart but only wise men have the ability to learn from other’s mistakes. I prefer to be on the second group because that saves me a lot of time and suffering. That does not mean that I am trying to avoid taking decisions or avoid learning from my own experiences. By listening other’s mistakes I am alert if same situation comes into my life.

I love to serve others. I don’t do it with any hidden purpose and I don’t usually expect anything more than just a sign of appreciation. Most of the times I do it as a show of my appreciation for what I have or what they bring into my life. Many times I might not receive a “thank you” but I can feel how I am reaching theirs hearts and this small contribution plants a seed of light in them.

By serving others I become more skilful on reaching and touch people’s hearts. I can also feel that if I serve I always receive it back. I might not receive it back in the way I want but I always receive it in the way I need.

I usually ask God to bring me what I need and not just what I want. Many times I have discovered that what I want might not always be the best for me so I accept God’s way in my life and I open my heart to the path that he has prepared for me.

Serving Others.jpg

(Picture taken from bespokebureau)

To be continued...

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 13

30/11/2013

Third Shaolin Law: "Required to be filial to parents, be respectful to the elderly, and protective of the young".

The first part is lately resonating a lot in my mind. That does not mean that I am not respectful to the elderly or protective of the young. It is very easy to forget how much my parents have done and still do for me. I guess that I have been giving for granted what I have in life. When earning money by myself I realized how much effort and how generous my parents have always been with me and how many sacrifices they have done in order to provide me with everything I needed.

When living abroad, the important aspects usually arise in my mind. It brings alive the things that flame my heart, the essential things, the ones that I cannot live without. Not having my parents around creates an emptiness that cannot be filled in any way.

By not being able to spend enough time with my parents I remember Sifu's wise words: "Parents love to spend time with their children".

This made me realise that my parents are not always going to be around and that I must give them all the love that is in my heart and try to be as best as I can in order to show gratitude for all the things that they have done for me.

Another thing that is lately reminding me of my parents is the music and movies from the 80s and 90s. Mind never stops amazing me. Apparently I do not remember much from my past. This is only apparent because I have realized that all of it has been recorded and mind keeps everything stored inside with an astonishing and absolute detail.

It is just now that my mind is unlocking that information. More and more details from my past are becoming alive in the present. They are coming for a reason, with a message, with a healing, with a teaching. I am not really sure why this is happening but, as many things in these arts, I just let it happen and do my best for not getting attached to any of the experiences that I have.

Sifu is so right when he often reminds not to be attached to those experiences or try to recreate them. That helps me a lot to not attach myself to these fascinating experiences. I understand now how the attachment can greatly limit my progress and even create deviations.

The past is helping me to heal wounds. These arts are giving me the courage to heal those wounds. The past is helping me to remember where I come from and what I have lost along the way. The past is helping me to learn all the lessons that have been pending for so long. The past is making me realise all the great achievements that I have done on my way home.

It is lately that I feel like if I was riding a rocket travelling to the speed of light. It is like if I was taking a shortcut to where I always wanted to go. I feel that this is the opportunity that I have been waiting for endless time. I have been waiting this opportunity for so long that seems almost an eternity. Finally, this opportunity has come and I am making so much of it that everyday is commencing with a lot of excitement.

This chance is so valuable and so priceless that I feel totally honoured and thankful. I can be loyal to my practice in an effortless way. I enjoy it so much that I feel like a child waiting for Santa Claus. Every practice is like Christmas to me.

I am not saying that all my days are like being in heaven. Some days are tough but even with the cleansing, the release is so huge that it is always worth it and there is something deep inside that always helps me to keep going.

I understand now why it is taking so much time for me to recover. I remember that Sifu often mentioned that many great Kung Fu masters were sick when young and took them a lot of practice for them to recover. That was the reason why they became great masters.

In my case, I know that if I had recovered in a very short time I wouldn’t be now practicing Chi Kung or Taijiquan. I know this because I never kept practicing anything in my life for a long time (except music). My progressive recovery had led me to Taijiquan and advanced Chi Kung practice. My destiny was not only to heal in a physical level but at all possible levels.

The reason for me to persevere was to recover my health and zest for life. This progressive recovery made me learn how to be perseverant. That was something missing in my life and it has greatly contributed to succeed in many other aspects of life. I have learned to fully appreciate all the arts that Sifu has taught me. This progressive recovery has made of my practice a daily task that I will keep doing and treasure for the rest of my life.

Family.jpg

(Picture taken from mandeymariephoto)

To be continued...

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 14

01/12/2014

"And now...let go". - Sifu

As the year is arriving to its end I look back and measure my progress. Many parts of me are forever gone and I am happy that it is so. I have discovered other parts that were there but were hidden, forgotten or afraid to manifest. Many times, it was like meeting an old friend, it was like arriving home after a long trip.

This year hasn't been necessarily easy but it surpassed my expectations by far. It has been a compulsory roller coaster and I had some moments where I felt in desperation. Sometimes, the world where I was living in seemed to fall apart as a new world was arising in front of my eyes.

It is not easy to discover how I have been stopping myself from achieving the happiness that I have been chasing for such a long time. It is not easy to realise how everything I did left a print. It is not easy to realise that there is still a long way to go. It is not easy to see many people disappearing from my life as if they were never there.

Luckily, Sifu has taught me to look at things in the Shaolin Wahnam way. That roller coaster led me to an incredible and strong faith in God and all the beauty that comes with it. That faith is becoming stronger every day it passes. That faith and understanding of God made me pray everyday and send deep blessings to many. That faith brought me hope and lightened the flame of love and trust. That faith made me connect with God in a way I only felt when being a child. That faith made me smile more than in the past 10 years of my life.

This year has been a year of realisation and has offered me a bright and hopeful future for the world that I am living in. An interesting fact is that the Operation Manager told me this week that I am one of the most positive persons that he has ever known if not the most. That surprised as I have been going through this intense roller coaster all this year long.

The truth is that, though the difficulties, I have learned to Smile from the Heart in a very deep way. I am not sure how deep one can get in this beautiful skill but I have realised and experienced the wonderful effects of using it in my daily life. I feel that I can still immensely progress in this meaningful skill. It might be one of the best things that Sifu has given me. I have witnessed from my direct experience how can "Smiling from the Heart" completely change one's life.

Smile from the Heart.jpg

(Picture taken from earthbalance-taichi)

To be continued...

Comment

Smile from the Heart

Its still the best medicine

And the one thing that got me on board when I first bought Sifu's Chi kung Book (Making the most of your Vital Energy) wow must be nearly 20 years ago

Enjoying your posts brother.

Warmest regards

Seán

Comment

Thank you :-)

Dear Sidai,

Thank you very much for you kind words. They are very much appreciated. I am glad that you are enjoying this thread. :-)

Warm Regards from Salamanca!

Santiago

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 15

15/12/2013

“Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it”. - Rumi

I am not sure if practicing the 108-Pattern Yang Style Set for this February is leading me to the heavy emotional cleansing that I am having. Tons of hate and anger are manifesting in my Chi Flows. I might be doing something wrong in the form or maybe it is just cleansing. In any case, I decided not to risk. I have reduced the practice and I just do Lifting the Sky and Vigorous Chi Flow for a while as a safety precaution.

I have been experiencing some arrogance as I saw myself more powerful than usual. In fact, I became less patient with people and I had the temptation to think that I was more progressed than them. I didn’t like that feeling. Whenever I detect arrogance showing up in my life I know that it is time to slow down and reexamine my practice.

I am now practicing Taijiquan everyday in order to learn the 108 Form and be ready for Sifu’s course in February. Because of that, I have noticed an intense increase of internal force. As my body was not ready for it I have not been able to cope with it.

I do not mind increasing my internal force but it is obvious that something is wrong if I am feeling arrogant. As a safety precaution I am basing my practice now on just Vigorous Chi Flows until I notice that everything comes back to normality.

I do not mind to have heavy cleansing as long as it does not affect my daily life. As Sifu always mentions: “These arts are meant to enrich our lives, not to slave us”.

I truly appreciate that I can clean all those negative emotions without hurting anyone but I want to do it in a way that it does not affect my daily life for the bad. After all, I want to have a happy life and drastic cleansing does not make my life better but bitter. The enjoyment is also during the journey and not just on the destination.

So far, I know that I have saved a lot of suffering to everyone, including myself, by practicing Chi Kung. Not only that, I was also able to turn this suffering into love and inspiration. I am very proud of my progress and I know that many wonderful things are yet to come.

I know that I am going into the right direction and I have learned to be humble and patient during my journey as I feel that there is still a long way to go.

Though it is still a long way to go I have learned to enjoy my walk while getting there. Joy is an essential part of life and I don’t want to sacrifice it by being hard or pushing myself to the limits. In fact, one of the reasons why I stayed in Shaolin Wahnam was because the travelling to my destination is incredibly pleasant, fun and full of joy.

I want to keep improving more each day and accomplish my purpose in this life. I want to be as best as I can be. I want to keep growing until the very last day of my life. I know that this life is limited and it goes very fast. It goes so fast that this 34 years of life happened just in a flash.

Now that I am aware of my limited time I want to use it wisely for growing and enjoying as much as I can. After all, life is a joy.

Enjoy the Journey.jpg

(Picture taken from dailymail)

To be continued...

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 16

25/12/2013

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

This year has been a year of faith. It has been a year of hope and spiritual development. Interestingly, this year has been the year where I have searched less for spiritual development. Interestingly too, it has been the year when I took my practice in the most relaxed manner.

I understood that there is not hurry. I started to enjoy the little pleasures of life again and understood that, though they are “little” things, when summed up they bring a lot of joy in my life.

Faith has been calling me in a really strong manner. It is coming from everywhere. This faith that I feel now comes from the heart. It is like a rope pulling and willing to take me to a very special place. The more I follow that faith the more I open my heart. It is a warm and loving feeling that I cannot refuse.

I have been educated in a country where 90% of population are born Catholic but great majority are known as non believers. Among young people, the numbers are really shocking and I have seen with my own eyes that many young people do not believe in anything at all. I was one of them. In fact, I have grown in an environment where it is thought that it is only the strong who does not need to believe in anything. The weak is the one who needs to believe in something in order to be able to cope with life.

I always knew that something wasn’t right. Luckily, my parents never put those kind of thoughts in mind. They both believed in their own ways and never put pressure on me with any kind of religion or belief.

This faith that I now experience is different because it is coming from all religions, from all the sources and it is timeless. This faith is finding and reaching me in a way that I cannot deny the existence of something beyond my understanding.

Lately I visit a church in Dublin named St. Theresa’s church and spend some time there listening christian music with my headphones. As soon as I sit down there and relax this faith hits me in the heart and I start crying in a way that I believed forgotten. If I say that I sense like if my whole body was crying or that I experience like if the whole universe was crying with me I wouldn’t be lying at all.

The story about this church is quite interesting. I was once speaking on the phone with my mom and I mentioned her that I was often visiting a church when it has been years that I didn’t even look at them when passing by on the streets. In fact, the only times that I visited churches, once I grew up, have been when I had to attend funerals or weddings.

My mom was curious about this church and asked me the name of it. I told her that I believed it was called Saint Teresa’s church. She then told me: “Ah, it must be then dedicated to Saint Teresa of Avila”. To what I replied: “Mom, how do you know that she is Saint Teresa of Avila and not other Teresa?”. To what she answered: “Ah son, there is only one Saint Theresa”.

Though there is another Teresa and she was also recognised as a saint she is most commonly known as “Mother Teresa”. Saint Teresa of Avila is also commonly known as Saint Teresa of Jesus so that is why many people might not have heard of Avila.

While chatting with my mom on the phone, as I was doubting of what she was saying, I went straight to Internet, searched for the Church’s Website and did a little bit of research. My mom was right. It was dedicated to Saint Teresa of Avila. It is not surprising that my mom was right but it is surprising that the only church that I have ever visited in Dublin is dedicated to her. I shall explain why.

Avila is a province placed very closed to my hometown, Salamanca. It is like an hour away. Saint Teresa of Avila is a very important Saint in the Catholic religion and she is very special to us as we are very closed to where she lived. Saint Teresa not only lived in Avila as she decided to spend the last years of her life in a town (Alba de Tormes) located in my province, Salamanca.

This town is only 15 minutes away from where my mom was born and still keeps the incorrupt body of this saint more than 500 years after her death. In Catholicism, if a body remains incorruptible after death it is seen as a sign of holiness.

This connection with my hometown might explain the reason why I always felt like at home when being in that church.

When I was a child I remember visiting Avila with my parents and becoming very interested in Saint Theresa's life as I was told that, when she was praying, sometimes she started levitating and feeling pure ecstasy. I remember me as a child trying to pray in a really sincere way and see if I was able to levitate too. I, of course, could only levitate in my imagination.

The funny thing is that I have been visiting this Dublin church for many months and I didn’t even know the story behind. It was surprising to find out that the only church that I have ever visited in Dublin had a direct connection with my hometown back in Spain.

Being a boy I always felt spiritual. In fact, I still remember this feeling. It always kept alive deep inside me, like a flame of hope that always guided me without even knowing. It is like coming back to who I was before I forgot who I was. Now I know that it has always been there. I feel that I am coming back home. It is a very soft feeling; though soft it is still incredibly strong. It is like surrendering to an infinite power that knows much better than me what is needed and how it can be achieved.

I have been asking for a lot of help in the past months. When I do I get a deep feeling in the heart and makes me cry. It is like if all my suffering has been listened and when asked in a sincere way help comes in a faster and obvious way. I once heard this quote: “Sincerity is the divine way”. May this the reason be why I feel now that I am improving faster?

Before, I used to think that sincerity was just speaking out what I thought or believed. In fact I was confusing sincerity with truth. One day, thanks to Sije I understood the difference between sincerity, truth and opinion. I thought that telling the truth was just saying what I thought but I soon realised that the answer could be “yes, no, yes and no, neither yes nor no”.

Lately I think of sincerity in a different way. I see sincerity as a way of living my life with honesty. I see sincerity as a way of being authentic in my life, do the things that I feel in my heart and try to live towards that.

Therefore, I started understanding the power of a sincere and honest thought. Now that I am asking God for help in a sincere and honest way I am discovering the true power of this incredible act.

For me, being sincere is accepting that I cannot do it only by myself. It is accepting help and ask for guidance as I am far away from my destiny. It is accepting being lost and asking for directions. It is accepting being scared and accepting a warm place to stay when it's raining, cold and dark outside. It is becoming humble and accept that it is still a lot of room for improvement.

This sincerity definitely has nothing to do with the sincerity that I used to know. It is clear to me that this sincerity is the divine way for many reasons. Many of them were explained above and many others are yet undiscovered and awaiting for me in the most unexpected places.

I feel a guide and it is so gentle, clear and warm that I cannot reject this help. I feel that I am fixing many pending things that have been there since the beginning of times. I feel that everything I am solving is endless, timeless and will remain within me no matter what happens or where I go.

And special road is unfolding in front of me and a very unique guide is giving me directions. I cannot waste this golden opportunity. I am surrendering to this power because it feels the very right thing deep in my heart.

All my prayers have been listened and help is coming in a way that I never believed it could exist. This help is indeed so unique and special that I feel like if I was living a miracle. I believe that this miracle is called present and I know that the best is yet to come.

Saint Teresa of Avila.jpg

(Picture taken from teresadejesus.carmelitas)

To be continued...

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 17

31/12/2013

Sifu (Cantonese Chinese) or shifu (Mandarin Chinese) (or shih-fu) is the identical pronunciation of two Chinese terms for a master: 師傅 and 師父. The character 師 means "teacher", while the meaning of 傅 is "tutor" and the meaning of 父 is "father". Both characters are read fu with the same tones in Cantonese and Mandarin, creating some ambiguity. A similar term often used in Chinese is 老師 (Cantonese Chinese pronunciation: lou5 si1; Mandarin Chinese pronunciation: lǎoshī), meaning "teacher". - Wikipedia

Today I was thinking about Sifu and I couldn’t avoid crying. I think that I understand now the meaning of the word “Sifu”. I was thinking what would I do without Sifu and I don’t think that I could ever find anyone like him. He is my Sifu and there is a deep bond like the one that I have with my mother and father.

I don’t think that I have ever found anyone reaching my heart so deep. The more time it passes the more I open my heart to Sifu. It is a strange feeling to be in his presence. Even if he does not speak I notice his transmission going straight to my heart. In fact, only by thinking of him I still feel this transmission. It is like if this transmission is endless, timeless and does not know distance, frontiers or space. It reaches me wherever and whenever I am.

In words of Antoine de Saint Exupéry: “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye”.

I don’t think that I am able to explain what Sifu means to me in words. That is why I went to Wikipedia and checked what most people think of what a Sifu is. It is interesting to read how superficial this definition is. In my opinion, I think that this definition does not make justice to what a genuine Sifu really is.

When I think of what Sifu means for me I can see it very clear in my heart. I have a perfect picture drawn by a torrent of feelings. When I try to put it into words I never find the words. The only way I can express what Sifu means to me is with a Smile from the Heart and a profound feeling of gratitude.

In order to check how important Sifu is for me I just thought of not being able to receive his teachings anymore. I couldn’t avoid the tears in my eyes. Even now, while writing this sentence in my diary I just cannot avoid start crying again. I would feel terribly lost and broken hearted.

Having Sifu in my life is like having a treasure. Losing that treasure is like losing an irreplaceable part of myself. It is like losing a piece of my own heart. It is like losing my connection with where I want to go.

I must admit that I was very surprised of Wikipedia’s definition. There are many things that cannot be explained with words and must be experienced in order to understand the proper meaning. Having a genuine Sifu is one of them.

Many of my friends or even many of my family members don’t understand my relationship with Sifu. I don’t think that I will ever be able to explain what I feel about Sifu and what he means to me.

It has been very difficult for me to trust people as I have been hurt a lot in my life. That is why it took me some time to open my heart to Sifu. My relationship with Sifu has changed a lot through the years. The best way I can explain it is by saying that I can feel like if our hearts are getting closer everyday it passes. Sifu teaches me even when he is not present. It is like if Sifu and I were connected. It is like if our hearts were now eternally connected.

Sifu was able to reach my heart in a way no other has been able to. That is why I know he is a genuine Sifu. For me a genuine Sifu is the one that is capable of seeing my full potential and bringing it alive. So, when somebody asks me what is so special about having a Sifu all I can say is nothing but Smiling from the Heart and thinking of the miracles that have come into my life since I am under Sifu’s guidance.

Having a Sifu is Having a Treasure.jpg

(Picture taken from shaolin.org)

To be continued...

Comment

Dear Santi,

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts but especially the last one.

We are indeed very blessed to have such a wise, generous, compassionate and courageous Sifu in our lives.

We miss you in Ireland Santi, we need the six harmonies back together again soon!

Warmest wishes,
                            Sije
                            Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
                            GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
                            THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Than you :-)

Dear Sije,

Thank you so much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated.

I also miss Ireland, the other Harmonies and the Irish Wahnam Family with all my heart.

I have learned a lot of values in the Wahnam Family that are now part of my daily life with my family. I am very lucky indeed to have not only one family but two.

I mentioned you many times that if it weren't for the love, compassion, support and help that you and the lovely Irish Wahnam Family have always showed me I would have never been able to resist the difficulties that I went through during that stage of my journey.

When leaving Ireland, the hardest thing for me to deal with was not being able to spend time with all of you. I consider you my family. God was very generous by letting me add many more members to what my family is. I am very lucky indeed as my heart is replete of lovely people and that greatly increases my joy in this life.

I am also very lucky that God gave me two fathers. I must have done good enough in the past in order to have not only my beloved father but also my dear Sifu.

I always ask God to give me lessons if I ever become arrogant. I always ask God to let me know in a way that I can understand. When I gain too much internal force and I am not ready for it I can feel an inner fight with my arrogance. Then I know that it is time for me to slow down. I prefer to go slower.

I sometimes thought that I was knowing more than others about life. I am happy that now, at this time, I do not judge others as much as I used to do. I realised how much harm it has brought into my life.

In my latter practices I am just doing "Lifting the Sky" and Vigorous Chi Flow. I feel my heart opening. A lot of hurt, frustration and disappointment is coming out. I guess that this has very much to do with me trying to be a judge.

I have learned a very important lesson in this life. This is respecting others Journeys and wish them well when I disagree. When disagreement come into my life I often remember Sifu's words: "The answer can be yes, no, yes and no, neither yes nor no".

In fact, I remember how big my disappointment was when I couldn't understand what Sifu meant by mentioning this quote when answering some questions. I am very happy to see in a more clear way now. :-)

Some while ago I had this vision in my mind:

We are all meant to arrive to "The Ocean" when the time is right. We can choose any available river for that journey. Some of them will be shorter, others will include rapids, some will bring a relaxed and peaceful course; some will have curves and go through high mountains, sharp edges and dangerous cliffs and others will go in a straight line; some will take years or decades and others just months or days. All rivers are meant to arrive to the same destination and, once there, there will be no differentiation between one river or another.

It is part of the fun to choose the kind of river that we enjoy most. Some rivers will merge on the way down to "The Ocean" and some others will separate and go into different directions. I see nature and, when observing rivers, they all have their own beauty and their own way of "arriving". I sometimes search for those rapids so I can add more passion into my life. Others, I search for a peaceful ride and enjoy the sightseeing. Some other times I stop by the riverside and take a rest to later continue my journey.

I realised that variety is one of the greatest beauties of this life. I cannot imagine myself eating every day of my life Jamon (Ham) though I love it very much. One of the biggest gifts that Sifu has offered me is to live according to the belief of "Irrespective of Culture, Race or Religion". This was a beautiful lesson for me as I love to travel and, in those travels, I realised that all beings suffer and all want to be happy irrespective of culture, race or religion.

I believe that one of the most beautiful opportunities that one being can have is to nourish another being for him to share his own "unique" beauty. I want to thank Sifu, Sije and the Shaolin Wahnam Family for that. I have learned to nourish others and myself through Sifu's teachings. That is a beautiful skill to have.

I lived in many different countries throughout my life. That gave me the opportunity to open my views about this life and world. Many times I couldn't understand culture, religions or beliefs. That lead me to a lot of confusion and frustration as I didn't know if I was right or they were right. I have learned to let go and accept that there are many different ways of living life.

I would like to end this post with a quote that I believe to be from Prophet Muhammad:

“Don’t tell me how old or educated you are; tell me how much you traveled and I will tell you how much you know”.

Santiago

Mohammed Prophet.jpg

(Picture taken from Katibin)

Comment

The Shaolin Journey - Part 18

04/01/2014

“To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” - Buddha

Today I finished work earlier. I left the office at 12:30 approximately. Then, I went to the city center and I had some food in a Japanese restaurant. Just after that, I went to the church that I so much love.

For some reason, this church is becoming very special. Today, I had a deep appreciation for my parents when praying. It was like a deep touch of gratitude that went straight to my heart. I couldn’t stop crying again.

Then, I started seeing all the things that my mom has always done for me; all the sacrifices, all the times that she forgave me when I did wrong, her infinity compassion and endless patience.

Just by writing about it I feel a torrent of emotions that surpass me. I feel the same with God. I can see now many things I have been receiving without knowing. I have been very blind. Every time I go to this church I ask God for his wisdom and light. I know that I cannot walk this path without his help.

I always ask God for help in a way that I am able to understand. I know that I am blind very often but I have the will and the faith. I want to use my life for good this time and I don’t want to waste it anymore. I want to do good and make it meaningful.

My mom’s life is a complete dedication to her children. She lives for us. That is something that I cannot repay. What she gave me is so big that I will always be in debt with her.

I feel very sorry for having created so much trouble when I was younger. I know now how lost I was. I was just trying to find my way in the best way I knew. I made my family suffer because my pain was so intense and so deep that I could not stop it from spreading out.

When I ended praying I directed myself to light a couple of candles and wished my family and loved ones good health, wisdom and happiness. While doing it, a compassionate force touched me again and I broke in tears for another while. All I did was praying as I do not know any better way to thank for all the gifts that I am being given.

Crying is a very helpful way for releasing all the sadness and blocked emotions that I have had stored inside of me for such a long time. It is like a flow that carries a river of hope, faith and deep gratitude for what I am being offered in this life. It is a a very useful way for me to open to the blessings.

Later, I went to have a hair cut. After having my hair cut, I was paying at the counter and I heard a big crash and people screaming. Hairdresser is inside of a shopping center. A women fell down from 7-10 meters high. All I could see is her laid down in the floor, not moving at all and suffering a deep pain. It was a strong image that reminded me how fragile human life can be.

In that moment, all my problems disappeared. When these kind of unfortunate events happen, all I think is how lucky I am for not having gone through those kind of circumstances in my life. All the things that I considered problems just became nothing as the most important things that I have in these life are my loved ones and I am lucky to have them alive. Then, I sent blessings to that woman and to all my loved ones wishing them good health and a happy life.

As I left the shopping center I went home and thought about what just happened. I used to make important what was unimportant and used to make unimportant what was important. It was a big realisation. God is good with me. He is teaching me so much and takes always so good care of me.

I always try to show my love to my loved ones because I don’t want to wait for the next day, or the next week, or the next month. I don’t know when it is going to be the day that I don’t have that chance anymore. I want to enjoy my loved ones as much as I can. Sometimes is hard. It is harder with the family. It is harder because they are the ones that I love most and I am afraid that they don’t love me back when I approach to them with an open heart.

I always ask God for courage and strength. Strength for leaving aside pride and selfishness; courage for showing my loved ones how much I love them.

I want to do it good this time. I want to use my life for good. I don’t want to waste my time. I know that life is short and limited. I just want enough wisdom to see the lessons that God presents me throughout life.

Mother's Love.jpg

(Picture taken from appszoom)

To be continued...

Comment

Working...
                                X