Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Secret on Guan Yin Bodh Satt revealed by Sigung

Hello everyone,

I recently asked Sigung why Guan Yin was so closely related to Shaolin Wahnam. Since Sigung's response probably won't be made available until 2015, Sigung granted me permission to post the extraordinary answer below.

Enjoy everybody!

Question

Could Sigung kindly explain the story and connection between Guan Yin and Shaolin Wahnam? I have read many stories from different instructors and students over the years about personally connecting with this great Bodhisattva of compassion.

As I progress with Small Universe training, I also find myself connecting closer to Guan Yin during standing meditation.

Could Sigung also share some personal experiences and advice with Guan Yin?

Answer

Guan Yin Bodh Satt, the Bodhisattva of Great Compassion, is closely related to our school. She often comes to our courses all over the world to bestow blessings to us. On numerous occasions, not only me but many other course participants felt her presence distinctly.

One particular occasion was very memorable. I was teaching Cosmic Breathing or Sinew Metamorphosis (later called Merging with the Cosmos) at the Guan Yin Temple on the Blue Mountain in Costa Rica many years ago. More than 75% of the course participants had a spiritual awakening where they clearly felt their spirit beyond their physical body.

It was already incredible if only 2 or 3 participants had a spiritual awakening, but when more than 20 participants had a spiritual awakening it was just miraculous. After the course many cried out of joy and gratitude. A few participants embraced one another. I honestly believed that I was only a conduit during the course. It was Guan Yin Bodh Satt who conducted it, or at least during the part of the satori or spiritual awakening.

I am going to share a secret. It was a secret, but now I feel it is time to reveal it to our Shaolin Wahnam members. If some of our family members and others outside our school do not believe it, it is their choice and their right. No one needs to believe what I am going to say if he (or she) does not want to.

The secret was told to me by my sifu himself, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam. I am not sure whether my sifu told the secret to anyone else. My sifu was a reincarnation of Golden Boy, the personal attendant of Guan Yin Bodh Satt, the other personal attendant was Jade Girl. It suddenly made sense to me why Guan Yin Bodh Satt is so closely connect with our school.

I would also like to take this opportunity to categorically declare again that our school is non-religious, that any deserving student regardless of his (or her) religion can practice and benefit from our arts without any adverse effect on his religious beliefs. In fact our arts will strengthen his religious beliefs and make him a better follower of his own chosen religion, as is evident in many of our family members. Guan Yin Bodh Satt herself is non-religious. She will answer the prayers of sincere seekers irrespective of his religion.

My own introduction to Guan Yin Bodh Satt occured when I was just a little boy. My mother took me to the famous Guan Yin Temple at Pitts Street, Penang, Malaysia to pray. Even since then, Guan Yin Bodh Satt has guided and protected me, my family, our Shaolin Wahnam Family at all times, for which I an forever grateful.

Best wishes,
    Stephen

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for posting Sifus answer on Bodhisattva Quan Yin and her relationship to our school.
    Answers like this leave me in awe.
    How blessed are we?

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland
    Instructor
    nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for posting this beautiful story. We are indeed very Blessed.

Thank you Sifu for allowing Stephen to share this 'secret' openly with everybody on the Virtual Kwoon and to Sigung Ho and all of the past Masters.

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
      Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
      Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa

With deepest respect,
      Joan
      Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
      THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you :-)

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

How special this story is! It is amazing to feel the presence of Guan Yin and I many times wondered myself why could I feel Guan Yin so clearly?

Last year, I went with my father to Malaysia and we also visited Penang. When visiting Penang Kek Lok Si Temple is always an unmissable stop. I still remember that we decided to go by bus. As my father does not speak English I always like to lead him and to ask locals for directions. I believe that there are many entrances to the Temple. The bus stop is not in front of the entrance itself. There is a long walk to the temple and it is not possible to view how to get to the entrance from the bus stop.

When we arrived to the Kek Lok Si Temple bus stop, instead of following all the tourists, my father decided to go into a different direction. He went through the houses of locals. I must admit that I was losing my patience because my father wasn't listening to my advice. He wasn't listening to me at all. He was just walking as if he knew how to get there.

My father went to a labyrinth of narrow streets and asked some locals without knowing any English. He didn't even know the name of the Temple! Somehow they knew what my father was asking. I believe the locals were playing mahjong. I was a bit scared because I didn't trust them and I didn't feel safe. They were directing my father pointing to a direction were the streets were getting narrower and darker and we had to go through patios from the houses of locals. My father wasn't listening to me at all. I felt frustrated and scared as I didn't know where we were going and I thought that we were completely lost.

This was actually a short cut that saved us a very long walk. Probably this is the short cut that locals use for getting to the temple. You could access the temple through a very small door hidden between the houses. When I saw that door... That was a big lesson for me as I thought that I knew more than my father about how to get to places just because I was able to speak English.

I believe that my father was guided to that door. There is no way one could find that door otherwise as it is so hidden through a labyrinth of houses. How could my father know? As soon as I arrived to the top of the temple, just were Guan Yin big statue is, I was having a deep feeling of humbleness and I could not stop crying. I, of course, prostrated to Guan Yin showing my gratitude for teaching me this big lesson and for keeping me humble in this beautiful path. I then felt a warm hug that made me feel very safe.

That experience was an opportunity for getting closer to my father and a proof that we are all indeed very protected, guided and safe.

Reading this story made me aware on how special we are all here in Shaolin Wahnam. This truly is a golden opportunity not to be missed for progressing and cultivating in this life time.

I want to thank Sifu for openly share this beautiful story with us and I will treasure it in my heart. :-)

Thank you Stephen for making this question to Sifu. I am sure that a lot of people will benefit from this inspiring answer.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago
        Last edited by sancrica; 3 September 2014, 09:00 AM. Reason: Grammar (as usual...) :-)

Comment

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for posting.

Dear Joan Sije, please excuse my quoting your words, as they could not be said better:

...We are indeed very Blessed.

Thank you Sifu for allowing Stephen to share this 'secret' openly with everybody on the Virtual Kwoon and to Sigung Ho and all of the past Masters.

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
          Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
          Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
          Shaolin salute - with love and respect,

Emiko
          Emiko Hsuen
          www.shaolinwahnam.jp
          www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
          Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
          4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
          Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
          Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
          Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
          Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
          To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Comment

Indeed, we are blessed...

Thank you Guan Yin and all Divine Beings protecting us on our journey.

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

I knew Bodhisattva Guan Yin was near us and protecting the school. But when i read this thread, i just couldn't stop tears from joy coming out of my eyes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you.

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
                Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa
                Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa

Thank you Sifu! Thank you Sigung Ho! Thanks to all past masters! Thank you brothers and sisters!

I'm feeling very blessed.

Yours,

Charles
                Charles David Chalmers
                Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for asking the question and sharing the answer. I was deeply moved by Sifu's kind response.

Best wishes,
                  Mike

Comment

I would like to thank Sigung again for revealing the secret about Sitaigung. We are so incredibly blessed to be a part of a Shaolin Wahnam!

Thank you Santi for telling the wonderful story of you and your father at Malaysia. I absolutely cannot wait to visit the temple in December.

Guan Yin's compassion is indeed wonderful, as you will see below.

Recently, my father experienced a rather unfortunate situation at work. As a result, he was given a definite 24 hours from the Board of directors to resign. This frightened my family, as this was all quite unexpected and sudden. Needless to say, I prayed hard to Guan Yin to look after my father's employment safety.

24 hours passed... with the help of his coworkers, it turns out that there were many loopholes in the rules and guidelines regarding this incident. A few months passed, and this incident seemed to have completely dropped from the Board of director's scrutiny. If anything, the board may have been embarrassed due to these many loopholes in the rules.

Guan Yin heard my plea, and in her infinite compassion, quickly responded to my prayers.

Best wishes,
                    Stephen

Comment

thanks

for sharing this very interesting answer
                      lg Irene Hewarth www.shaolinqigong.at

Comment

my gratitude

-
                        Wonderful.

In Java, Indonesia, we have a goddess, with the name of Dewi Sri. My parents told me when I was still very young, that we should be forever grateful to Dewi Sri.

I wonder whether Dewi Sri is another name of Guan Yin Bodh Satt.

With gratitude,

Joko
                        开心 好运气
                        kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                        open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Thank You

Dear Stephen and Santiago,

Thank you for sharing this story and to remind us of Guan Yin Bodh Satt.

Looking forward to visit the Kek Lok Si Temple again. Always the highlight of a trip to Penang!

Jeroen

Comment

Thank you Stephen for posting.

This thread is so heart touching and heart warming. I was actually moved to tears.

Thank You Guan Yin Bodh Satt, Thank You Sifu and All the Past Masters.

I am eternally grateful.

Blessings,
                            Claude
                            Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

Comment

Greeting everyone,

I was reading some stories about the Monkey God who holds special significance with Sitaigung Ho Fatt Nam. I was surprised to see some stories telling that Guan Yin freed and mentored the Monkey God! Below is one example:

After causing considerable upheaval in the heavens, Monkey was imprisoned for his misdeeds. He was released through the intercession of Guan Yin, Goddess of Mercy, only on condition that he fulfill his destiny by accompanying the Buddhist monk Xuanzang (who is a real historical character of 7th c. Tang) to India to bring the Buddhist scriptures back to China. To restrain his natural violence, Guan Yin put a band on his head that tightened on command, instantly giving him a splitting headache. At the end of his successful quest with companions (resembling some in Tokein’s the Fellowship of the Ring), Monkey was left with only one concern: to be rid of the head splitting ring that Guan Yin had put around his head. When Xuanzang asked him gently after a period of time if it bothered him, he raised his hand to his temples. Only then did he realize that it had disappeared of its own accord along with the last traces of his animal nature.
                              Guan Yin and the Monkey King For weeks I have been watching Chinese Opera. It is highly symbolic and it gives a psychological view of how Chinese people see themselves. Chinese Opera is highly refi…

Wonderful how this is all interconnected.

Best wishes,
                              Stephen

Comment

Working...
                              X