Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feng Shui for me!

Hello,

After discussing a current sleeping condition with a good practioner of Chinese Medicine, I was refered to his friend who is knowledgeable in Feng Shui. After I explained the position of my house and bedroom, he advised that my bedroom in the house could be draining my energy as I sleep. But at the same time, and without meaning disrespect to Feng Shui, I am wary of commiting myself to believe in it totally since I already worry unnecessarily.

So, its not suitable for me to change my bedroom right now. But if I do high-level qigong, is this enough to counteract the potentially "draining" effect? I read somewhere that if your energy field is strong enough it can in fact enhance the energy field of your environment! If so can someon change their environment to positive over time?

Best wishes,
    Chris
    Last edited by christoph; 6 August 2014, 09:07 AM.

Dear Chris,

Feng Shui is the sience/art of surrounding energy like Chi Kung is the art of energy in a living being. I am sure that the surroundings do have an energetic effect on people, especially at the place they live or work.

We discussed the topic of Feng Shui with Sifu at a dinner in Sabah.

As you already implied in your post, as long as there are no completely messed up surrounding conditions or extremely unfavourable situations (like living on a busy crossroad, on a former cemetary or having high voltage stations directly aside your living place), high-level Chi Kung like ours (if practiced properly and consistently) is normally strong enough to overcome unsuitable conditions in the environment.

So, I suggest not to worry too much about Feng Shui. If there are changes that can be done easily, put them into action.

I generally recommend to my students to practice where they feel safe and comfortable. So, the room should be tidied up, well ventilated and not stuffy and smelly. Same is valid for the places where you live and work.

I remember having read a book about Feng Shui years before starting with the Shaolin arts. I soon put the book away, because I started to look for unfavourable conditions (like sharp edges) anywhere without having the possibility of changing much in our rented flat. So I just decorated the rooms in a way I feel cosy and comfortable in and left Feng Shui aside.

Please don't get me wrong, I value Feng Shui as a great art, but don't put it into action much while trusting in the effects of our Chi Kung.

People more sensitive to and affected by their surroundings may put more effort into clearing and optimizing them than me.

If you find a good master in Feng Shui, trust him/her and follow his/her advice just like you do it with a Chi Kung master. If you are doubting the effects of the recommendations or you are not willing or able to afford the changes to be made after the analysis, then you are wasting your time and money, being left with unnecessary worries.

Yes, after some time someone's energy field can enhance the energy of one's environment. This can be clearly seen when Sifu goes for lunch at a course and the restaurant fills up during his stay.

Recently one of my students told me that he had nicely prepared his training room. Now he's feeling that the room's energy is charging up more and more. Even the palm tree standing in it now has more than 120 leaves instead of about 30 in the beginning. (He knows that from Counting Leaves from his daily eye exercises. )

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Dear Leo,

This was great to read, thanks for sharing yuour wonderful insights and advice.

Best wishes,
      Chris.

Comment

Dear Chris,

I'm glad my post was helpful.

Best wishes,

Leo
        Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

There is a major road that is close to my house.
          I have observed that business entities (shops, cafes, bank offices) at the left side of this road have grown and bloomed; while those on the right side have not.

Joko
          开心 好运气
          kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
          open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

There is a major road that is close to my house.
            I have observed that business entities (shops, cafes, bank offices) at the left side of this road have grown and bloomed; while those on the right side have not.
            Thank you for sharing your sharp observation, Siheng!

There's a great opportunity in teaching high-level Chi Kung to the right side of the road or by arranging a commission of a Feng Shui master for giving him a hint.

Best wishes,

Leo
            Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Hey everyone,

I just moved out to a new place, a nice small appartment, and I was wondering about Feng Shui.

I normally don't pay much attention to this, as I practise high level Chi kung, but in my earlier house, one of my Shaolin brothers said the Feng Shui was really bad (big plant blocking a large window, mirror in front of the front door, and appearantly the whole house was packed by female ghosts), so I would take some elements in consideration decorating my house. (The appartment itself is situated in an awesome place 3rd floor, I look out over a big river passing by my place, slightly coiling).

I have a Tiger statue and a tiger scroll, and a Dragon statue.

I've been reading on the internet that placing tigers in your house is considered bad.
              I highly doubt it's that simplistic, and me being a tiger and having a special statue that has much meaning for me I'm keeping it in the house.

My tiger statue now sits in the living room, in the middle, against the wall facing the open living room. My dragon statue is facing the terrace,
              looking out over the river that is outside flowing my way.

They are on the same level, altough the dragon is a little taller then the tiger, and from the statues point of view the tiger is at the right, the dragon at the left.

I want to hang my tiger scroll also, I would hang it facing the hallway and front door, but it would be right above the stove where I am cooking in my open kitchen.

Is that a good place to hang the scroll? I'm wondering about it being the kitchen, although it's an open one.

Another thing I would like to ask, I have a Boddhisattva Guan Yin statue, that has much value for me, but somehow it has scratches on top of the head, and some fingers are missing. I realize I need to replace it, but can I untill then put the statue somewhere or should I throw it away?
              And if so, how do we discard of a statue of a Bodhisattva, especially when I know it had much spiritual power and value for me?

Thanks alot,

Best regards,
              Tim

Comment

Dear Tim,

You may donate the Bodhisattva Guan Yin statue to a temple

With Shaolin Salute,
                Lee Wei Joo
                http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Dear Siheng,

Thanks for the reply, and for the suggestion.
                  Real temples are rather rare here in my country, if there are any, but I'll save the broken statue in a box for now untill I do visit a real temple.

I guess it's better to put a "hurt" statue away rather then leave it standing, is that correct?

Best regards,
                  Tim

Comment

Dear Tim,

I do not know enough whether it's better to put a "hurt" statue away or to leave it standing. But as long as you treat it with proper respect it should be fine.

With Shaolin Salute,
                    Lee Wei Joo

Comment

Dear Siheng,

Thanks alot, most perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Hoorens View Post
                        Another thing I would like to ask, I have a Boddhisattva Guan Yin statue, that has much value for me, but somehow it has scratches on top of the head, and some fingers are missing. I realize I need to replace it, but can I untill then put the statue somewhere or should I throw it away?
                        And if so, how do we discard of a statue of a Bodhisattva, especially when I know it had much spiritual power and value for me?
                        My understanding is that the most respectful thing to do is to bury the statue.

Comment

Dear Siheng,

I'm not sure, where have you heard this if I could respectfully ask?

It seems to me if you bury it, well, then it will re-surface sometime right?

It just doesn't feel right, I don't know ofcourse.

For now, I've put it in a box, my feel and respect for the statue comes naturally, and when I visit a country again with real temples, I'll take it with me and deposite it there so the monks can do it correctly.

Best wishes,
                          Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

As an instructor in the school I can assure you that I would not go offering advice on the forum unless I was well informed of the matter in which I was advising. How you wish to respond to my advice, or any other advice, is of course a matter for yourself.

I'm sure all will be well however you proceed with the respectful disposal of your broken statue.

All the best Tim,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for sharing with us your insight

Dear Tim,

Both methods, burying the statue or giving it to a temple, are correct.

Thank you for providing us this opportunity for learning.

With Shaolin Salute,
                              Lee Wei Joo

Comment

Working...
                              X