Injured Tendon? No problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured Tendon? No problem!

The morning before the secrets of internal force course started at the UK Summercamp I was sparring and was swept to the ground, on my way down I rolled my ankle quite badly. Anyone who was there could see that I needed others to even help me walk. I was thinking "Oh no, so much for the legacy of Wong Fei Hung course....." However that thought was nonsense!

Sisook Tim Franklin took a look at my ankle, said I twanged or stretched a tendon. No problem he said relaying a story of a broken ankle he had before an intensive course that was healed up nicely...Achievement Unlocked: Heart of Confidence!!! Sisook did some of his mojo, led me into chi flow, and I'd say at that point it was about 40% healed, then after the first half of the days course it was around 60% healed from all the Chi Flow....Now at this point I did something silly, I walked or hobbled rather with everyone over to Tesco and back for lunch....Bad move, once again I needed help even walking. I was a bit distraught but I trusted Sisook's healing, and of course Sigungs teachings so when the second session started up again I knew it would be all right, and it was! By the end of the day I could walk without limping and was able to participate in every bit of Legacy of Wong Fei Hung course including the sparring! Perhaps I am crazy for it(in a good way!) but it was a wonderful experience that I am truly glad I had!

These arts of ours are amazing.
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Really great stuff! Glad you were able to participate to the fullest. There are many testimonials about using Chi Kung to treat chronic issues, but it's also awesome for acute injuries!

-Matt

Comment

Very inspiring! And a good testimony to the working of the Shaolin Arts in sudden injuries.

Happy training!

Best wishes,

Nessa
      Nessa Kahila
      Shaolin Nordic Finland
      Instructor
      nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Glad it all turned out good for you David, on many levels.
        Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
        A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Glad it all turned out good for you David, on many levels.
          Thank you again Sisook! Something I didn't mention, this is the same ankle that I injured repeatedly long ago when I used to skateboard. The worst being when I once landed off of a 2 meter drop with my ankle in the rolled position. Perhaps it will heal correctly this time? Right now I have full mobility and strength in it, not quite full range of motion yet but getting better daily, and it is only a little tiny bit tender.
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
          X