No announcement yet.

Going out on a limb : Guru Nanak & Guru Angad : Ven. Bodhidharma & Ven. Huike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going out on a limb : Guru Nanak & Guru Angad : Ven. Bodhidharma & Ven. Huike

Guru Nanak Sahib, the vegetarian founder of the Sikhs asked his disciples one day to eat a dead body that was before them.

You can imagine what the reaction would have been! How would one obey such an order?

Everyone, except someone called Bhai Lehna , thought that the Guru’s order was most improper and walked away. But, Lehna was ready to obey unquestioningly.
    First, he walked around the body.
    Guru Nanak asked him, “What are you doing?”
    “Master” he replied, “I am wondering where I should start”.
    When he went and bent down to preparing to start his eating, he found that there was no body at all there. On the contrary what he saw was a sweet dish ( Kada Prasad ) blessed by his master.

In the same way when Guru Gobind Singh – the last guru of his Sikh, put his disciples to test.
    Only five out of five thousand turned out to be true devotees. Guru Nanak made Bhai Lehna his successor and he became known as Guru Angad Dev- which means heart of my heart, limb of my limb.

When a spiritual teacher puts his disciples to the test, even the most exalted among them can fail.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Damian Kissey; 4 May 2014, 07:20 AM.
    Damian Kissey
    Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
    www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Thank you :-)

Dear Siheng,

Thanks a lot for sharing this great story. :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Working...
    X