Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Way of the Master

The Way of the Master

Dear Shaolin Wahnam brothers and sisters,

I'm so excited now as Sifu is almost finishing his last chapter for his autobiography - The Way of the Master!!! Jim started a thread to ask about this biography few years ago and Robin was so kind to ask permission from Sifu to post and share the first six chapters on the forum. Now finally, the complete autobiography is almost publish and I'm glad that I can read the manuscript first before it is published.

Can't wait to share some parts of chapter 7. The title of chapter 7 is.........

"Adventures at the Malayan Teachers’ College in Kuala Lumpur"

and it begins with.....(enjoy!!!)

I started writing this autobiography about 30 years ago until Chapter 6, and for some reasons have not continued. It is only now, 13th May 2013, when I am 70, but feel like 45, overlooking the blue-green Mediterranean Sea in a most beautiful hotel, Punta Est, Finale Ligure in southern Italy owned by my student, AttilioPosesta, that I have decided to continue writing my autobiography.

After completing my school education in 1964 at Penang Free School, reputed to be the best school east of Suez, I applied to be trained as a schoolteacher. While waiting for my application to be accepted, I took up a temporary teaching job at Sin Min Private School in Alor Setar, about 100 kilometres from Penang, my home town. I had a wonderful time teaching English to students who are about my same age.

But just two weeks after teaching in this school, I had another teaching job offered to me by the Penang Chinese Girls’ High School, a famous girls’ school in the country. Thus I resigned from Sin Min Private School, despite strong appeals from my students who urged me to stay, to teach at the Penang Chinese Girls’ High School, not because all the students in the new school were girls also about my age, hence giving me a lot of opportunities to meet new girlfriends, fulfilling a wistful but not necessarily desirable feeling of a teacher-student relationship, but because the new school is located in Penang, my hometown which I love very much.

It was actually at this time that I first met my wife, Goh Siew Ai (伍瑞爱). I was 21 and she was sweet 18 when we met. She was not a student of Penang Chinese Girls’ High School, but introduced to me by a mutual friend. What impressed me most were her sparkling eyes. She was, and still is, the most beautiful girl I have seen.

Although I spent a lot of time practicing kungfu, I still had a lot of time to live life beautifully, like scouting, hiking, boating, painting, reading, playing table tennis, attending parties and dancing with beautiful girls. I am very happy and grateful that my wife, as soon as I met her, has turned out to be my last romance. I also discovered that I was, and am, her first love.

While dating her, I still continue my dedicated practice of kungfu. I frequented book shops and bought a lot of kungfu books in Chinese, including some classics. One of the kungfu books I cherished was “Rapidly Successful Iron Palm in Hundred Days” (百日成铁掌) by a famous master named Li Yin Erng (李英). I was surprised to find this book which explained in details how to train Iron Palm and be successful in just a hundred days! Such kungfu skills were kept as top secrets.

Great news!

Thank you, Sifu! This is great news. I'm very excited to read your biography. I read selections of the early chapters to my sons who are also eager for more.

And thank you, Siheng Chun Yian, for helping to see Sifu's biography reach publication.

Waiting won't be easy!

Best wishes,
    Zach

Mark CH is offline Sifu Mark Hartnett - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
    Wonderful

Andy is offline Sifu Andy Cusick - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Thailand

Great News!

Heartwarming chapter <3
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

If only I could edit a 12 hour old post...

While walking outside this morning to begin my practice, I realized that I posted lastnight about Sifu's "biography"! Of course I meant autobiography. My writing professors from 20 years ago are likely to throw over-ripe tomatoes in my direction.

Thank you Sifu, for giving us your autobiography.

Andrew is offline Sifu Andrew Barnett - Chief Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    My writing professors from 20 years ago are likely to throw over-ripe tomatoes in my direction.
    I'm sure there are many Shaolin Wahnam Instructors and Students who would be happy to help your former professors

This book is going to be amazing!
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch
    Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses : 3t0h September 2017 in Landquart CH
    QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Andrea is offline Sifu Andrea Zilio - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
    Wonderful - thank you for the beginning of chapter 7.
    I was always wondering how Sipo and Sigung met.

I am very much looking forward to the book.

Best regards
    Andrea
    Join our Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong Classes in Zürich and other Swiss locations

Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch
    Google+ :
    https://plus.google.com/+TaiChiChuanQigongWahnamZürich/

Claudien S is offline Sifu Claudien Scicluna - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Malta
    Such a heartwarming chapter

I'm so looking forward for this book

All the best,
    Claude
    Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

LeeWeiJoo is offline Sifu Lee Wei Joo - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Malaysia
    I, too, am looking forward to this great book

With Shaolin Salute,
    Lee Wei Joo

Adam B is offline Sifu Adam Bailey - Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Heartwarming chapter <3
    I second that. Can't wait for the entire book to be published!
    Adam Bailey
    Shaolin WahNam USA