• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

Just want to add, thank you...This thread is awesome...Warmly Gusty

Comment

• Hi there,

Thanks Gusty for the kind words.

Chapter 54 is a chapter which consists of rooms for us to explore more. Many years ago, Sifu did present an important paper in an international event describing chi kung could cure diseases, but yet have not receive any serious focus or response from any organisation or authority.

54: WORLD QIGONG CONGRESS AND THE UNITY OF THE SCIENCES

Learn More about Different Medicines and Therapies

In 1997, I was invited to attend the Second World Qigong Congress from 21st to 23rd November 1997 in San Francisco where more than 60 masters and medical professionals presented papers, and about 500 participants from 16 countries attended. It was organised by the East-West Academy of Healing Arts, whose founder and President was Dr Effie Chow Poy Yew.

The theme of the Congress was “To demonstrate and broaden the influence of Qigong as a viable, essential practice for enhancing everyday life and as an effective factor in mainstream health care”.

In his welcoming message, President Clinton of the United States said, “As we seek to improve health care and relieve suffering, it is incumbent upon us to understand and learn more about different medicines and therapies.”

It would certainly benefit greatly the people of the world if more people in Western civilisation not only pay lip service to but actually put into practice the wise advice of this Western leader. Not only I myself but also chi kung instructors and healers I trained have helped countless people overcome health problems which conventional Western medical professionals considered “incurable”. A lot of other people, who were not clinically sick, have found zest and meaning in life after practising chi kung learned from us.

The Mayor of San Francisco who personally attended the opening plenary session declared that week a Qigong Week.

A Cure for Cancer and Chronic, Degenerative Diseases?

I had the honour of presenting an important paper, “Qigong: A Cure for Cancer and Chronic, Degenerative Diseases? A Global Interest”. The full text of the paper can be accessed at http://www.shaolin.org/chikung/qigong-cure.html.

The gist of the paper is that we are all by nature healthy, and our own body systems naturally overcome disease-causing agents without our conscious knowing. For example, we are all surrounded by millions and millions of germs, constantly subjected to wear and tear, exposed to stress, carcinogens and radiation, yet we remain healthy. Then, why are some people sick?

It is due to two reasons:

1. Energy blockage disrupting the flow of energy to work the body systems.
      2. Insufficient energy to work the systems.

Practising qigong (chi kung) overcomes these problems because the two main aspects of qigong training are:

1. Clearing energy blockage.
      2. Increasing energy level.

The paper concludes with the following inspiring words:

Qigong is a viable and essential practice for enhancing everyday life, as well as an effective factor in mainstream healthcare. Medical professionals trained in other medical systems apart from the Chinese, but interested to employ qigong in their noble work to save lives, need not abandon their own training. This Second World Congress on Qigong, where some of the world best known qigong masters and medical professionals meet, provides the opportunity and platform for this urgent co-operation for mutual benefit.

Qigong Master of the Year

I was much surprised and greatly honoured that the congress bestowed the Qigong Master of the Year Award on me. I learned that it was mainly due to my work in helping many people overcome cancer.

The Research Scientist of the Year Award was bestowed on Professor Fang Li Da, who was the Director of China’s Medical Research Institute. At the congress, Professor Fang Li Da provided convincing evidence of her 20-year research that practising chi kung (qigong) could overcome cancer.

Her paper as well as mine were sent to the Department of Health of the United States and to the World Health Organisation at the United Nations. But just like medical breakthroughs of earlier ages, I suspect it is unlikely that the papers will be seriously studied by modern scientists.

* Attached is the picture where Sifu received the Qigong Master of the Year Award at the Second World Qigong Congress held in San Francisco in 1997

With Shaolin salute,
      Chun Yian
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dear brothers and sisters,

Finally the book is ready and you can view all the content of the book and DVD by yourself.

In addition to the stories being shared here, there are a lot more interesting and inspiring stories in the book, which are waiting for you to explore. Many other countries has not yet been revealed as well, such as Italy, Ireland, Switzerland, UK, Australia and many more......

I'm pretty sure that you will find the book very interesting, and it is one of the collection for Shaolin Wahnam family members.

Thank you for all who have assist Sifu to make this book possible, and for those who have support the book! I'm very glad to be in part to make this book available, after such a long waiting time.

With best wishes,
        Chun Yian

Comment

• Dear Chun Yian Siheng,

That's great news. I'm feeling like a little kid at Christmas waiting for his presents

Thank you for all you have done to make this possible, much appreciated.

Thank you Sifu for your kindness and such generosity in sharing so much of these great Art's with us and indeed the world.

Shaolin Salute,
          Brendan

Comment

• Wonderful news!

I am very much looking forward to reading this book.

As Ever,

Charles
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
            X