Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonderful recovery after burning my fingers

Hello fellow wahnam people and other people reading this,

I wanted to share a great recovery. Working as a teacher with children aged between 12 and 18 I always work in the kitchen on friday afternoons. We were baking some delicious things. One of the pupils just took a griddle out of the oven and wanted to put a next thing in the oven. He put the griddle on top of his workplace, but misplaced it a bit. I thought of it as dangerous as its edges were outside his workplate so other children might burn themselves. I don't know why, but I grabbed the thing (which had been in a 200 degree celsius oven for 20 minutes) barehanded and replaced it. As you can imagine that hurt quite a bit, you could see the marks of the griddle in all my fingers, except for the pinkie finger. Needless to say, that hurts...

I screamed out loud and remember my Sifu Andrews advice and put my hand in the oven. He explained to me that cold slows the chi down and heat makes sure it flows. I stayed there for a little while (also that hurts, but I could feel something going on in my fingers) Afterwards I asked a collegue to keep an eye on the children and went to my classroom and performed chi kung using the pattern lifting the sky. I could feel the chi working on my fingers, I guess it was a good pain

When I came downstairs collegues told me I had to cool and had to go to the hospital as they said it were 2nd degree burns. I am sometimes stubborn, but now it just felt as there was no need to go to the hospital.
    You could still see the marks the griddle had given to my fingers and there was a small blister on my thumb.

Already the next day I didn't feel any pain anymore, 2 days laters the marks were gone and 3 days later the blister dropped off. If you'd look at my hand right now, you won't see any thing unusual.
    Yesterday I saw a pupil who also burned her hand, but didn't do chi kung and did cool her hand. It happened on the same day, last friday, but she still had quite some pains and you could see clearly that she burned her hand.

Wonderfull what some good advice and chi kung can do!

Thank you very much Sifu and thank you Sigung for sharing your knowledge!

all the best,

Mark

Dear Mark,

Congratulations on your quick recovery and thank you for sharing the very useful adivce!

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Dear Mark,

Thanks for sharing your remarkable recovery.

With Shaolin Salute,
      Lee Wei Joo
      http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

That's really great, Mark! Thank you for sharing!

-Matt

Comment

I also think it is really fantastic that you had another burn case to compare against your own healing. Though, I feel bad for the woman that burnt herself and did not know chi kung. It is a good reminder of how many people are still in the dark about chi kung and their own power to heal themselves. I've found the side-by-side comparison much more effective than the "because I said so" approach when discussing chi kung with non-practicing family members.

-Matt

Comment

Hi Mark,

congratulations also from me! To me your big challenge was to trust in in your Sifu, in our Wahnam Arts - and you succeded!
            How lucky we all are, really.

With Shaolin greetings,
            Dorit
            ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Hi Mark

Thank you for sharing this amazing story!

It's a good example of a difference between reaction and response. You remember your Sifu's advice and acted accordingly in what probably was quite stressful situation.

It does sound counter-intuitive at first to put your hands in the warm place, instead of cold, but it actually makes sense after reading your explanation. Thank you for this again - I think I have learned something very important from your experience.

All the best
              Jacek

Comment

Hello wahnam family,

Thank you all for the kind words When Sifu wouldn't have told me about it, I would never have done my hand in the oven. As it is indeed counter intuitive, but I've seen many great things from Sifu and many great teachings so it was actually a nobrainer to follow his advice.
                Though he told me a few days ago that the oven doesnt have to be that hot, a 100 degrees will do already and is less hurting

all the best,

Mark

Comment

Useful info, and congrats on the expected recovery!

Best,

Jas

Comment

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!
                    Daniel Pérez
                    http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Congratulations!

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Really wonderful recovery.

Joko
                        开心 好运气
                        kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                        open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Working...
                        X